Time to spice up your brunch with fruity french toast skewers!
This Friday couldn’t get any better. My windows are open for the first time this year! It’s currently 60-degrees outside, I’m going to my first football game of the season tonight, and there’s a chance I’ll have to bring my sweater! I know I’m getting ahead of myself because the 90-degree weather is around the corner, but it’ll permanently be fall before I know it!
During the fall, I see so many morning tailgates along the streets of Charlotte before the football games. Well, today, I’m sharing a fun brunch idea for you to bring to your next tailgate. These are super fun for office parties, or to make with your kiddos on Saturday morning!
French toast skewers are so easy to make, inexpensive, super customizable, and a gorgeous treat to serve.
I love how healthy and light these fruity french toast skewers are! They have protein, fiber, a good source of carbs, and antioxidants from the berries!
You will need bread, eggs, cinnamon, cookies spray, fruit, and skewers!
I chose gluten-free cinnamon raisin and gluten-free white bread. You can use any type of bread you want! I’ve actually seen people use banana bread, and it looks fantastic. I’m going to add that one to my list!
Scramble the eggs and cinnamon together!
Cut each slice of bread into fourths.
Dip the french toast squares into the egg mixture. I let them soak for about 20-30 seconds.
Spray the pan with cooking spray and cook each french toast square for about 30 seconds on each side at a medium-high temp. I used two giant pans to speed up the process.
I chose kiwi, strawberries, blackberries, and peaches for my fruits. You can customize your fruit to match team colors, the holiday, or use fruits that you enjoy 😊
Add the slices of french toast to the skewers with fruit in between the slices! How fun are these?
I made these years ago with the kids I nannied for and they had a blast putting them together. It made them excited about eating breakfast, which was great considering they were the pickiest eaters!
Fruity French Toast Skewers
- 14 Slices Bread (your choice of bread)
- 7 Large Eggs (or 12 egg whites to lighten recipe)
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Blackberries
- 1 Cup Peaches Sliced
- 1 Cup Strawberries Sliced
- 1 Cup Kiwi (leave skin on or off)
- Slice each slice of bread in fourths
- Wisk the eggs and cinnamon together.
- Slice peaches, strawberries, and kiwi. **you can leave the skin on or off the kiwi** (I personaly love the skin, but if i were taking these to a party, I'd remove the skin)
- Heat a greased pan to medium-high heat.
- Dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture. Add the squres to the pan and cook each side for about 30 seconds.
- Add fruit and french toast squares to the skewers. The recipe makes 14 skewers!
This recipe makes fourteen skewers.
If you don’t want to serve the french toast on skewers, you can add the french toast squares to a large serving bowl. A giant bowl of french toast square is a cute idea as well. And of course, they’re always best with syrup!
Questions for you!
- Are you having fall-like weather where you live today?
- French toast or waffles?
- Kiwi with skin on or off?