Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Sugar-Free)
It feels weird to be writing at 6 am here in Hawaii, knowing it’s noon at home. I’m finally waking up a bit later and slowly easing into the timezone, but my body is pretty stubborn when it comes to its clock. Before I head to yoga in a couple of hours, I wanted to leave you with one of my new favorite recipes. I’ve made these twice and even packed a few with me for my trip. If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you’re going to LOVE these cookies!
These cookies are packed with healthy ingredients like coconut oil, peanut butter, cocoa powder, oats, and cashew milk! Even though they look like they are loaded with sugar, they have ZERO added sugar. I used the Lily’s no sugar added vegan chocolate chips, Swerve, a no added sugar chunky peanut butter, and unsweetened applesauce.
Instead of milk and butter, I used applesauce and cashew milk!
I decided to make them vegan as well because I wanted them to have a longer shelf life while traveling. Nothing in these cookies would spoil, or go bad. Instead of eggs, I used Neat Egg replacement.
I’m telling you…these cookies are heaven.
The best way to eat them? Warm them up for about 20 seconds in the microwave! They taste just like out of the oven peanut butter brownies…
These cookies are made with cashew milk, vanilla, unsweetened applesauce, espresso powder (the secret to making all chocolate desserts taste rich), gluten-free oats, gluten free all purpose baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, neat egg, vegan no sugar added chocolate chips, swerve, chunky peanut butter, cocoa powder, coconut oil, and sea salt.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 1 Cup All-Purpose GF Baking Flour
- 1 Cup GF Quick (Rolled) Oats
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsps Neat Egg
- 1/2 Cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Espresso Powder
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (I used chunky)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/3 Cup Cashew Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (I used Lily's)
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the espresso powder, cocoa powder, baking flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, neat egg, sea salt, and swerve together.
- Stir in the cashew milk, vanilla, applesauce, and peanut butter. (if it's too runny, add more oats)
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- On a greased baking sheet, add 1/4 cup sized scoops of the dough about an inch apart, and use your fingers to shape into cookies.
- Bake 16-18 minutes.
- Once they are cooled, microwave the peanut butter and coconut oil together for twenty seconds. Stir the mixture until a liquid texture forms. Allow the liquid to thicken for about ten minutes before drizzling over the cookies. Set aside for about thirty minutes to let the drizzle harden.
- You can store these in the fridge, or out on the counter!
Do yourself a favor, and just zoom in on that cookie……..mouthwatering!
This recipe makes 26 cookies!
Per Cookie: 175 Calories, 17g Carbs, 4g Fiber, 8g Fat, 2g Sugar, 5g Protein
Perfect post workout or breakfast on the go!
I love that the coconut oil mixed with the peanut butter gives it a hardened drizzle! You won’t have to worry about sticky fingers with this one.
Now, if you’ll excuse me! I’m about to eat the last one of these in my bag, and head to yoga! Have a great weekend, everyone! I’m so excited because my friend is flying in tomorrow and we have SO MUCH planned! Stay tuned!!!
Questions for you!
- Do you love the peanut butter and chocolate combo?
- Drizzle or no drizzle?
Also, a quick happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas out there! You are amazing and so strong!