I hope you all had a great week, and have an even better weekend! Before I take off, I wanted to leave you with a delicious recipe that I made along yesterday’s meal prep. You’ll for sure want to add this to your weekend grocery list. These healthy vegan crispy treats are made with almond butter and finished off with a no sugar added dark chocolate drizzle! They are perfect with a cup of coffee, an after-dinner dessert, and healthy enough for breakfast!
This recipe only has five ingredients, and you can totally make swaps! It has almond butter, organic rice cereal, brown rice syrup, coconut oil, and no sugar added vegan dark chocolate.
See the pretty lavender? Totally grew that from my little herb garden! eeeek.
I was worried this recipe wouldn’t stick together, but they turned out perfect! I’ve always been a marshmallow rice crispy treat kind of girl, but almond butter is totally the new marshmallow! If you don’t like or have almond butter, you can use any kind of nut butter you wish! I may try these with peanut butter next time.
They also sell this cereal in chocolate! That could be a fun swap.
I decided to keep the rice theme going for the sweetener. I had a whole jar of this stuff leftover from the granola bars I made and thought this would be a great use for it. You could use honey, agave, or syrup as a substitute.
Grease a pan with coconut oil or avocado oil before adding the mixture.
I melted two 70% Lily’s vegan & no sugar added chocolate bars with one tablespoon of coconut oil for the top layer!
I used a spoon to drizzle the chocolate on top.
After you drizzle the chocolate, place it in the freezer to harden! After it hardened, I covered it and left it out on the counter overnight. This recipe makes 20 bars! I’m not the best cutter, so they are all pretty uneven 🙂
Healthy Vegan Almond Butter & Chocolate Crispy Treats
- 6 Cups Organic Vegan Rice Cereal
- 1/3 Cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 2 Lily's Chocolate Vegan No Added Sugar Bars or your choice of chocolate
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (+1 tbsp for chocolate)
- Add the rice cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Microwave the almond butter and coconut oil and stir.
- Mix the melted almond butter and coconut oil into the bowl with the rice cereal.
- Stir in the brown rice syrup.
- Grease a dish with coconut oil and add the mixture into the dish. Use a spatula to even out the crispy treats.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together, and drizzle over the treats.
- Place in the fridge until chocolate has hardened.
- Cut into 20 pieces.
These crispy bars are so delicious! It’s hard to believe they are healthy. My boyfriend couldn’t stop at one, and he kept raving about them. That made me feel good 🙂
Nutrition Per Bar: 155 Calories, 12g Carbs, 12g Fat, 4g Protein, 4g Fiber 5g Sugar
You can add fun sprinkles on top and make these for any holiday or special occasion.
If you’re a parent, this would be a great recipe to make for your kids! They’ll be eating a delicious dessert with tons of healthy benefits and without all the extra sugar.
Questions for you!
- What are you up to this weekend?
- Should I make these using the chocolate cereal with peanut butter?