Happy Friday! (At it again with another protein energy ball recipe!)
I’m going to spend the weekend cooking some new recipes for the blog, attending yoga, going out and playing around with my new camera, lunch with friends, and just catching up on some yardwork (assuming& hoping the rain will pass.) Before I get started with this delicious recipe post, I wanted to let you know that I’m running a fun spring giveaway on my Instagram! I get asked about my Nespresso maker all the time, so I thought it would be cool to give one away! I’m hoping to do a lot of giveaways this year as an appreciation to you guys! My blog wouldn’t be possible if it weren’t for you! 🙂
A couple of weeks ago, I made these 5-ingredient white chocolate macadamia nut energy balls to keep in the house. Kyle was so obsessed with the chocolate chip peanut butter ones that he asked if I could come up with another. I figured he’d enjoy a white chocolate macadamia nut one, so that’s what I did! Verdict? HE LOVED THEM! & so did my mom. I brought some over for my parents, and I asked my dad the next day what he thought. He said he didn’t get to try them because my mom ate them all! I’m assuming she enjoyed them. Hiding them from my dad? Savage.
I know I’m totally late to the “ball” game, but I finally get the hype. You don’t have to bake them, you can pretty much use any ingredient you’d like, and they are so convenient. I took some of the lemon energy balls I made (recipe coming soon) on my weekend trip to Asheville, and they held up great. If you have picky eaters in your household, energy balls may be the trick.
These white chocolate macadamia nutballs are gluten-free and can be made vegan by using dairy-free white chocolate chips. (You can find those here.)
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Energy Balls
- 1 Cup Almond Butter
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Vanilla Protein Powder (I used plant base)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- water or almond milk for texture
- In a large bowl (or electric mixer) combine the almond butter, oats, vanilla protein powder, macadamia nuts, and white chocolate chips together.
- Gradually add in the water or almond milk until you get a texture that you can roll into balls. Add by the tablespoon.
- Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball. This recipe makes about 24-26 servings.
I hope you guys have a great weekend! I’m off to yoga 🙂
Questions for you!
- Have you ever made balls? If so, what flavor?
- Almond butter or peanut butter?
- White chocolate or dark chocolate?