Seriously. Where did the week go?
Yesterday, Meighan and I treated our dad’s to a day at the PGA Golf Tournament. We are exhausted at the end of the day, but it was worth it. The smiles on their faces were priceless. I’ll be blogging all about that on Monday in my recap post. I decided to leave you guys with a recipe today! I have about an hour before heading to boot camp, so I chose an easy one!
You’re probably wondering why I’m blogging a buffalo chicken recipe because you all know how vocal I am about my hatred for blue cheese and buffalo flavored anything. But, I know some of you LOVE the combo, including my boyfriend. I made this recipe months ago, and it was one of Kyle’s favorites! It was so easy to make, it’s low carb, high protein, and perfect for any time of the day. It’s a great recipe to meal prep too!
Buffalo Chicken Frittata With Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 Dozen Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 & 2 Tbsps. Cup Buffalo Sauce +Extra for top.
- 1/4 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 /2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Grilled Chicken (shredded)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, 2 tbsps of buffalo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper together.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease oven safe dish, or cast iron pan.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan.
- In the same bowl that you whisked the eggs in, mix together the chicken and buffalo sauce.
- Evenly distribute the buffalo chicken into the cast iron pan with the eggs.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese on top.
- Bake 20 minutes
- Drizzle buffalo sauce on top and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
You can make it easy on yourself and buy grilled chicken already made at the grocery store, or you could grill it yourself! Whatever works for you 🙂 I highly recommend making these in the cast iron! It makes the eggs so crispy on the side.
These frittatas are perfect for a post workout or meal prep. It makes eight servings, and each serving has 16 grams of protein and only 2 grams of carbs! I made mine with goat cheese, sweet potato, and spinach.Recipe here.
You don’t have to have a cast iron pan to make this recipe. You can make them with any oven safe dish or a cupcake pan!
You’ll know when it’s done because the center will be slightly bouncy and the edges will be golden.
Make sure to let it cool before cutting into it!
Store in a container in the refrigerator!
Questions for you!
- Are you a buffalo chicken person?
- What about blue cheese?
- What would you add to your frittata?