Happy Thursday! Where the heck did the week go? I’ve been spending the past couple days working on the back patio. I cannot wait to show you how the furniture build turned out 🙂 Some of you have seen previews of it on Snapchat and my Instagram story, but now that it’s stained, it’s amazing! I am going to hang the lights and add some plants to the patio over the weekend. I also need a new grill, so if you have any recommendations, I’d love to hear them!
Another thing on the agenda today is meal prepping. I am going to the store to pick up some ingredients, so I can have some things around the house to eat. My brother is coming to town on Saturday, so things will be pretty busy. One of my favorite recipes to make for meal preps is this spinach & goat cheese egg bake! The recipe was inspired by my trip to Florida, with Kyle, to visit his mom. She made a delicious breakfast dish that had spinach, feta, eggs, and sweet potatoes!
Spinach & Goat Cheese Egg Bake with a Sweet Potato Crust
- 6 Large Whole Eggs
- 6 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Cup Milk (Your Choice Type)
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (Or Cooking Spray)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, or coat it with olive oil
- Microwave sweet potato for 3-4 minutes, or until easy to cut.
- Slice sweet potatoes into circles, line the baking dish with the potatoes and bake for fifteen minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, add eggs, milk, and seasoning to a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven. Pour the egg mixture on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Top with spinach and goat cheese. Press down on the spinach and goat cheese lightly to get a little egg on the top. Do not stir.
- Bake for 18-20 Minutes. (All ovens cook differently, so just keep an eye on the dish. It should be brown around the edges and firm in the center)
- To store, Keep in containers in the fridge!
If you want to get fancy, you can add bell peppers, bacon, or any other fun fillers!
I’ll be posting the buffalo chicken frittata next!
Questions for you!
1. What is one dish you love to meal prep?
2. Do you have any fun plans for the 4th?
3. Two ingredients you must have in your omelets?