- 4 Medium Sized Sweet Onions
- 4-5 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- Black Pepper
- Set all your ingredients out and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the top off of the onion and peel. Leave the bottom intact. Flip the chopped side down and slice the onion around the bottom. Make sure to not cut all the way to the bottom or it will fall apart.
- Flip the onion back over and spread out the slices. Slice any additional large pieces.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs.
- Place the onion in the milk and egg mixture.
- Let the onion soak 3-5 minutes.
- Coat the onion in the breadcrumbs. I added several coats to these.
- Place the onions in a greased baking dish and sprinkle black pepper over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. The edges will be lightly brown and the onions will be sweet and soft.
- Let the onions cool for about ten minutes and then serve with your favorite dipping sauce. They are really good with a spicy yogurt dip or a sweet chili sauce.
Set all your ingredients out and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.