My Saturday was filled with Lifetime movies and I loved every second of it. I had nowhere to be, nothing to do, and I worked out early in the morning, so that was marked off the list. I have been fighting a sweet tooth for a while, so I decided to make a simple (my favorite word) and light recipe for brown rice crisps with mini chocolate chips.
I stopped over at Whole Foods and picked up mini chocolate chips, 365 Organic Brown Rice Crisps, Elyon Gluten Free Natural Vanilla Marshmallows.
4-Ingredient 60 Calorie Brown Rice Crispy Treats
- 2 Tbsps. Unsalted Butter (or coconut oil)
- 3 Tbsps. Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag Mini Elyon Marshmallows
- 6 Cups Brown Rice Crisp Cereal
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, melt the butter, and add marshmallows.
- Pour the six cups of crisps into the pot with the melted marshmallows.
- Transfer them over to a pan.
- Wet the back of a spoon and spread the treats evenly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Wet the spoon again and spread/press the chocolate chips into the treats.
This is a great health(ier) treat to bring into the office, for a classroom, or for the holidays. I want to make these for Halloween with little candy corn pieces on top. They are gluten-free which is nice for people who can’t have it.
Just store them on the counter wrapped up!