Old Town Alexandria: Saturday Farmer’s Market & Fresh Juice!

Old town alexandria farmers market

Saturday morning, Karlee and I went down to the Farmer’s Market on King Street in Old Town Alexandria. We decided to let T.C. play his video games for a little while longer, before we took him out to explore the rest of the day.

Old town alexandria trolly

The market ends at noon and we were running late, so we caught the Old Town Trolly!

Old town alexandria farmers market senzu juice

I decided to have some delicious fresh juice for breakfast. We sampled almost all the flavors and I ended up going with the “Energy”. It wasn’t too sweet but it wasn’t too vegetable-y.

Old town alexandria farmers market senzu energy juice Old town alexandria farmers market senzu juice

It had apple, carrot, orange, ginger, lemon, and goji beri. I usually make a juice just like that but I’ve never thought about adding goji berries. It was very good. I love any ginger in juices.

Old town alexandria farmers market

The flowers were absolutely breathtaking. That’s one of my favorite parts of the Charlotte farmers market. I can’t believe I haven’t been there this year yet.

Old town alexandria farmers market

I loved looking at the art.

Old town alexandria farmers market

We tried the chocolate milk sample and it was like dessert. If you’re ever at the market or in the area on a Saturday, you’ll want to try this out!

Old town alexandria farmers market

It’s peach season! Yay!

Old town alexandria farmers market

They had just about any kind of fruit or vegetable available.

Old town alexandria farmers market

If it wasn’t so early in the day…

Old town alexandria farmers market

After the market, we walked down to the waterfront and walked around and then headed back to pick up T.C. for a day out in D.C.

Don’t forget to check out the new arrivals in my shop! They’re going fast 🙂

Comments

• Alison

I love juice. What is your favorite place to buy it?

Reply to Alison
  • NC

Even though I live in this area, your DC adventures are showing me even more to this city I have yet to explore!

Reply to NC
  • LiuYe

hi i m chinese girl ,i really buy clothese from your shop ,they all beautiful..i m afraid ,you guys cant sent it to my country ,,right? by the way you r really beautiful~ @Taralynn McNitt @Taralynn McNitt

Reply to LiuYe
  • Cassie

YES, peaches are the best!

Reply to Cassie
  • Kammie

That pizza looks bomb

Reply to Kammie
  • kelly

What program/app do you use for your photos? I love how you edit them and I love all the text you add to them!

Reply to kelly
  • Nicole

Hi there. Can you tell me the name of the font you used on your main picture with that the title Saturday Morning Alexandria Market? I really like it. Plus I am trying to create my blog logo which will be similar to a beachy postcard and I think this font would look nice. 🙂 Thanks!

Reply to Nicole
  • Caitlin

I love farmers markets!! So many healthy organic options and for much less money I find. That is a lot of corn in your photo!!! Have a great day and keep up the posts. You make me want to come visit Charlotte!! 🙂

Reply to Caitlin

Waaaaa so jealous of your adventures!

• Emily Weir

I think I would have needed to try out the ice cream, even if it was so early in the day. No ice cream, especially Farmers Market ice cream, should ever be left without a sampling 🙂

Reply to Emily Weir

For me it’s like eating steak and potatoes for breakfast. I just don’t enjoy them as much early in the day. By the time six rolls around, I’m ready for some ice cream!

• Amanda @ Positively Amanda