Coffee & Update

IMG_7935

These past couple of days have been very busy for me, and my post have been lacking, but I do have an awesome one for you that will be up tomorrow morning! It’s ready to go and all I need to do is hit publish! I can’t for you to see it.

I’ve also been sorting a few things out and working on some personal stuff so please bare with me!

IMG_7912

While I work on the computer in the backyard, Grumples chases his bubbles for literally hours.

IMG_7918

This was the best investment I’ve made in a long time.

IMG_7938

Tino just stays close and snuggles.

11212293_858310274215550_1660740974_n

Sunday afternoon, Nick had a scrimmage with his baseball team. My friend, MC, and I went to Chipotle to eat before sitting four hours out in the sun. I ordered the salad with guacamole, pico, corn salsa, black beans, and rice. ย I forgot how good their salads were!

1PicMonkey Collage

Tino also went:) He sat with us on the top of the bleachers. I brought his chewing bone, water, treats, and made sure he had a shaded spot to sit under, but he was more interested in sunbathing.

1111PicMonkey Collage

For dinner that night, we got home late. We ended up ordering Librettos. I chose the whole wheat pizza with light cheese, pineapple, onion, and spinach. I had a side house salad with balsamic dressing with it.

11PicMonkey Collage

Yesterday, I had a pool afternoon with the pups. It was so hot outside! Grumples LOVES swimming in oceans and lakes but doesn’t like the pool for some reason. I read that retrievers and standard poodles are water dogs, and so I’m not too concerned for his safety. He’s proven to me that he definitely knows how to swim. Tino loved floating around with me, but I didn’t let go of him. He doggy paddled a little when I put him in front of me, and was pretty calm!

111PicMonkey Collage

They were zonked for hours and slept all the way through the night. This morning for breakfast, I made eggs and an english muffin with organic raspberry jelly. For dinner, I had grilled chicken, peas, and sweet potatoes! I went for a long walk and swam laps after dinner to fit in a workout.

I’m off to finish dance moms, and dancing with the stars! Stay tuned for exciting post tomorrow!

Comments

• Sara

You mentioned in one of your other posts that you’ve experienced runner’s knee and shin splints. How have you gotten rid of that so you can run?

Reply to Sara

I havent fully recovered from that, but I do listen to my body and take long breaks as soon as I start hurting. If I feel any sign of runner’s knee pain, I stop running and just walk. It’s not goo to run on an injury because it’ll get worse. I wear a knee brace, ice my knees, and massage them with a foam roller and do the same for my shin splints. Somedays I’m 100% great and others I’m out of luck!

• Melissa

Taralynn, what size foam roller do you recommend for foam rolling muscles? I ordered 6×36 and 6 inches was far too thick. Thanks!

Reply to Melissa
  • Amanda

Your puppies are just adorable!

Reply to Amanda
  • Melanie

haha Grumples and the bubble machine! That is too funny. I gotta get my dog one of those ๐Ÿ™‚ Tino looks like he is loving the pool!

Reply to Melanie
  • ellen

is tino already house trained? if not maybe you could do a post on how to house train a puppy?

Reply to ellen
  • Cassie

Have you ever tried Sharky’s? It’s a delicious Mexican restaurant that only has fresh and local ingredients!

Reply to Cassie
  • Jaime

Love your dogs ๐Ÿ™‚ I know you’ve probably been asked this before, but you take great pictures! I’m currently researching cameras for my first major purchase. What kind do you use?

Reply to Jaime
  • shannon

Hope all is well and you get everything sorted out. That is awesome that you have a pool in your backyard! My dogs love bubbles also I need to invest in one of those bubble blowers.

have a great Wednesday

Reply to shannon
  • Amanda @ Positively Amanda

What a fun day! And your dogs are the cutest!

Reply to Amanda @ Positively Amanda
  • Caro

Lovely family in pool ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Pets are the best

Reply to Caro
  • Emily

Be careful with Tino in the pool! Pits I’ve noticed usually are not big fans of open water. If he doesn’t seem too keen for swimming/water don’t push it!

Also, I don’t know if I missed it or what but are you living in a house/condo or an apartment complex? If a house, WOW it must be so much work and time to keep up with pool maintenance!! I have a hard time even getting to watering all of my garden plants because of my full-time job/volunteering obligations. Can’t even imagine trying to take care of a pool!

Reply to Emily
  • Dorka

The pictures with the pups by the pool are adorable! It’s so great you have a pool – I live in the city centre so no chance for that unfortunately. Grumples chasing the bubbles is still just too cute!

Reply to Dorka
  • katelyn

you have me nervous what it could be?? Is it what I think it is ?? haha

Reply to katelyn
  • Elisabeth

Tino is adorable. You take great care of your dogs. It looks like you’ll be a good mom some day! Did you get your own house? From the little I can see, it looks gorgeous. I hope to have an indoor pool someday so I can swim laps for exercise (I burn really easily). I think I’ll have to finish my undergrad, med shool, and residency before I can do that though lol.

Reply to Elisabeth

I’d sure love to have actual coffee with you ๐Ÿ™‚ speaking I’d dance moms, I cant wait for SYTYCD season 12 to start this summer!

• Kams