Quinoa Shrimp Taco Stuffed Peppers

11026566_831942143519030_806045348_n

Do you like tacos? Do you like shrimp? Do you like stuffed peppers? Do you like Quinoa? Do you like Cheese? Corn? Black Beans? If you answered “YES” to the questions above, then you’ll LOVE these Quinoa Shrimp Taco Stuffed Peppers! I love all things Southwestern-Mexican and not to toot my own horn or anything but…TOOT TOOT! These were UHHHMAZING!

11051278_831940926852485_1094738873_n

I went into Earth Fare not knowing what I was going to make for dinner. As I was walking through the produce aisle my eyes met the green peppers. It was like one of those little cartoons with the heart eyes that pop out and throb. The peppers were HUGE and 2 for 1. I then decided to make stuffed peppers because I haven’t made them in a really really long time!

For these peppers, you will need:
*2 Boxes Near East – Quinoa Blend Roasted Red Pepper & Basil
*Olive Oil
*2 Cups Mexican Mix Shredded Cheese + SOME
*1 Packet Simply Organic Southwest Taco Seasoning Mix
*3-5 Large Bell Peppers. (I only used three but I had enough filling left to fill up 2 more)
*1 Cup Black Beans
*1 Cup Corn
*1 pound of uncooked shrimp
*Extras: Salsa, Avocado, Plain Greek Yogurt

1PicMonkey Collage

-First, prepare the quinoa as directed on the box.

-While the quinoa is cooking, cut the tops off the bell peppers and gut them out. Boil them for 15-20 minutes.

-When the quinoa starts to thicken, add the shrimp and taco seasoning.

11PicMonkey Collage

Add the corn, beans, and cheese.

Heat the oven to 400 degrees.

Continue to cook the quinoa and shrimp until they’re both fully cooked.

111PicMonkey Collage

Place the peppers in a greased baking pan. Fill the peppers up with the quinoa mix.

1111PicMonkey Collage

Top the peppers with about 3-4 tablespoons of cheese.

11111PicMonkey Collage

Bake 10-13 minutes.

Serve with Greek plain yogurt, avocado slices, and salsa!

11040072_831942133519031_1015988042_n

The peppers are so filling and full of protein, whole grains, and fiber! You can wrap up the extras, freeze, defrost and bake again the next day! I saved the extra filling and added it to a breakfast burrito the next morning!

I promise these will not let you down!

Sometimes I’m lazy and like to take photos with my cell phone.

Comments

• sorelle

This recipe was fantastic and my favorite of yours so far.

Reply to sorelle
  • Karen

I just made this for dinner and it was amazing! My husband doesn’t like shrimp so I made half with chicken. He just told me I got an “A” and he is the pickiest eater you can imagine. It was our first time having quinoa. I’ll definitely be making this again !

Reply to Karen

I bet it would be awesome with chicken! I might try that soon! And I’m so happy he liked it 🙂 What did you think of quinoa for the first time?

• Karen

It was great. I was a bit suspicious of it but we both ended up liking it. It was very filling and a side dish definitely is not needed.

I’ve been following your site for years and this is my first time responding. Keep the recipes and motivation coming! : )

Reply to Karen

Thanks Karen! If you were to spread the ingredients out you’d have vegetables, protein, and grains! Who needs a side with that?

I’m going to keep it up!:) xo Thanks for being an awesome reader !

• Cassie

I love stuffing peppers!

Reply to Cassie
  • Melanie

love this recipe! I’m thinking of trying it for dinner tomorrow night. I’m not a huge fan of shrimp though, do you think shredded chicken would work instead?

Reply to Melanie

I love pizza and I love that I can just use the bellpeper as the container and eat the container too 🙂

• Alicia

What kind of side dish would you recommend with these?

Reply to Alicia

I didn’t do a side dish because I felt like this had everything in one. It had grains, protein, and vegetables. If you wanted to do a side dish, maybe some more veggies!

• Laura Hager

Yum! These look so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Reply to Laura Hager
  • Karen K

Wow that looks amazing! 🙂

Reply to Karen K
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

I love bell peppers, so delicious!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Kristjana

Your recipes always seem so simple, yet I would never be able to come up with them! They look so good, can’t wait to try them!

Reply to Kristjana