I made it to Sunday! Today, I won’t have one of those long “Sunday update posts” because I’ve been keeping up with my blogging everyday. It puts me at ease when I’m stressed. I didn’t get much sleep again last night. Grumples has been doing great in the eating, vomiting and bathroom department so far (knocks on wood) but where he was shaved, he can’t stop biting and licking at it. He was up every five minutes going nuts. I literally had to try different things to get him to stop.
1. I kept applying a warm towel with water over the area. (worked for fifteen minutes)
2. I tied a wrap over the bare spot. (lasted five minutes)
3. I wrapped him up in a blanket and placed him on the couch and I rubbed his belly until he fell asleep and forgot it was down there. (lasted about an hour)
4. I took him outside to walk around for about an hour because he forgets any issues when he’s on the leash. (well I couldn’t walk forever)
5. I put him in my bed and did the whole rub your ears for another hour.
He finally passed out at 4 in the morning. But…I had to get up at eight this morning to get ready for church. Why am I blogging then? Well, I’m waiting for my hair to dry. I’m kind of nervous about leaving him for a couple of hours, but I think he’ll be ok. He’s still scratching and licking this morning, so this may be an eventful day. If you have any tips, please let me know!
Yesterday, when I went to pick up some rice and chicken for him, I picked myself up a sandwich and soup from Publix. I knew I wouldn’t have time to cook dinner. Soup and sandwiches are so comforting! The soup was garden vegetable and the sandwich was turkey and swiss. I’m supposed to go to a football playoff party tonight, but I want to see how Grumples is doing by the time I get back from church to make that decision.
I do want to say THANK YOU for all of your prayers for Grumples the past couple of days! They certainly helped.
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!