Every year, I do a New Year’s resolution post. I’m going to do my post a little different this year. Instead of choosing one resolution; I want to make a New Year’s bucket list with little and big goals. I want to better myself this year and not just choose one thing to improve. I want to improve in a lot of ways.
1. Start running again. -I stopped running for a while because of my knee injury, but I’m going to face my fear and get out there more; even if it’s one or two miles.
2. Going back to school.-I’ve been sorting out my life this past year and trying to figure out where I want to be in life. I’ve had a lot of time to think and reflect. I’ve decided that I want to go back to school in 2015. I’m loving my independence lately and this is a choice I”m choosing to make 🙂
3. Stop going out to eat.– I know it’s hard to avoid restaurants when your with your friends or busy, but I’ve been dining out way too much this year and I want to cut that all out and cook more.
4. Spend more time with my family.-Over the past five years, my parents lived 20 hours away from me and now that they’re in the South, I want to make up for the lost time and hang out with them more. Family time is important.
5. Ignore people.– Say what? I have this defensive wall that likes to argue back when people push my buttons, but I want to control my actions more and just ignore them.
6. Volunteer more.– When I was in Detroit, I was volunteering a lot and I loved how it made me feel. I want to do more of that this year.
7. Forgive everyone.– I just want to let go of all the problems and things that made me angry. Sadly this will be the hardest one. I’m a grudge holder.
8. Stop buying thing I don’t need. – I take money for granted sometimes and impulsively buy things I really do not need. Do you know how many toy elephants and pillows I have? Too many.
9. Improve my blog.– The past six months have been transition months. I’ve been busy doing other things and not focussing a lot on my blog. I’m going to change that. New recipes, more posts, and more focus!
10. Enjoy Life-. I get stressed out easily and forget about enjoying the moment. I want to live more for the moment, smile more, and be more care-free.
-hike more, eat more sushi, paint more, clean out my car more, keep my closet organized all the time, go to the farmers market more, watch less tv, read more books, read less magazines, play more sports, shop less, go to an amusement park, ride my bike more, walk more, eat less packaged food, golf more, go camping, boat on the lake, roast marshmallows more, and enjoy the outdoors!
Leave five of your new year’s resolutions below!