Chicken, Broccoli, Zucchini, & Sweet Potato Fries!

10807045_776155265764385_1124137136_n

I can’t lie, the photo quality in these photos are awful, but I lost my camera charger in France and will be using my cell phone until the new one gets here! Tuesday night, I made a healthy dinner for myself. I finally went to the grocery store and stocked the fridge back up with food.

10799378_776155279097717_1094561269_n-2

For the broccoli:
I steamed four cups of broccoli, added three tablespoons of butter, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
For the Zucchini:
I seasoned the zucchini with olive oil, garlic and herb, brown sugar, and black pepper. I baked the zucchini for twenty minutes at 35o degrees.
For the Sweet Potatoes:
I chopped the sweet potatoes into slices, microwaved them for two minutes, tossed them in olive oil, garlic powder, and brwon sugar. After that, I baked them for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
For the Chicken:
I tossed he chicken in olive oil, low sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic and herb. I baked the chicken for 14 minutes at 350 degrees.

10805094_776155359097709_881722765_n

I love healthy dinners that don’t require too much time and work. This is one of them!

Comments

• enzo

That chicken looks fantastic. What kind of pan do you use?

Reply to enzo
  • Caro Bleue Violette

Olive oil and brown sugar, interesting. I love olive oil (it’s the only kind of oil allowed in my kitchen ^^) but I would never have thought to mix it with brown sugar as a vegetable seasoning. I’m going to try it !

Reply to Caro Bleue Violette
  • Stacie

how does the garlic and brown sugar combo taste? i’m imagining weird!

Reply to Stacie
  • Kim

So this is weird but I had a dream about the headbands that you were making a month or so ago, are you still planning on selling them on Liveashore??

Reply to Kim

Yes we are! I was overseas for a bit, but now that I’m back, I’ve been making several to sell!

• Kim

Awesome! I’ll be first in line to order one! So glad you made it back safely- I almost died when I read the creepy cab ride story. It looked like a beautiful trip though

Reply to Kim
  • Cami

I have been obsessed with sweet potatoes lately but I usually only add paprika and salt. I’m going to have to try adding brown sugar next time!

Reply to Cami
  • Mallory

Are you still working out? I love your regular blog posts but where are the fitness posts?

Reply to Mallory
  • Alexandria Marie

Just made this tonight! My mom and even my little sister loves it! It was great! Thanks for being such a great inspiration Taralynn!

Reply to Alexandria Marie
  • Melanie

“No boys for a while”. That didn’t last long now, did it. 😛

Reply to Melanie
  • Méryl

Still looks delicious even though you took the picture with your phone !
    Looks like you and Nick are spending a lot of time together,new romance in the air maybe ?

Reply to Méryl
  • Holly

WHO IS NICK?!! if you don’t want to say fair enough but you have a lot of dedicated followers and i thinkif you want to keep it a secret you shouldn’t keep mentioning it

Reply to Holly
  • Natasha

Looks like Nick is getting the special treatment with food! I’m sure he’s happy you’re home. xoxo

Reply to Natasha