Sunday Crowder’s Mountain

10578465_735557383157507_1686267895_n 10585615_735557459824166_1915990643_n

Lazy Sundays are sometimes nice, but I enjoy an active Sunday in nature more. Yesterday afternoon, my friend and I went to Crowder’s mountain for a hike. There is something about nature that puts me at ease. I don’t care what bad things are going on in my life, when I go out for a walk, all bad feelings start to disappear.

10622239_735557926490786_1863807921_n

“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” –John Lubbock

10617659_735557873157458_1039046056_n

With every hike, you need to fuel properly, so before I had: almonds, water, grapes, and Greek yogurt. After getting to the top, I had a refreshing Bai Drink.Β Β After hiking, I had a bag of trail mix. (the typical hiking snack)

10602838_735557739824138_2005763545_n

I am so proud of the dogs that make it to the top. I can’t for the weather to get a tad cooler so I can bring Grumples. It’s way too hot for him right now, but I know he’d love it.

Taking a break from the boring gym is also the nice thing about hiking.

10615857_735557406490838_563243620_n 10622377_735557833157462_1399185584_n

After sitting at the top for a while looking over North Carolina, we headed back down. I felt accomplished as I looked down and saw the sweat, dirt, and leaves sticking to my body. You all know I love to paint nature, and I think that was nature’s way of painting me.

Question of the day:

What is your favorite way to connect with nature?Β

Β Β

Comments

• Elena

Wow! So beautiful!
    I love bai too <3 definitely one of my favorite drinks. I voted πŸ™‚

Reply to Elena
  • Shelley

I went on a lot of hikes this summer too and they were such a nice break from running alone day after day! I really want to find a waterfall hike.

Reply to Shelley
  • Sarah

I love going on walks up in the mountains. The air is so fresh and it just feels so nice being surrounded by nature. I did a blog post on it. here

Reply to Sarah
  • Sloan

Going for long walks, hiking, or backpacking. Sometimes it’s so relaxing to get away for a few days at a time and just connect with nature and yourself. I love it! πŸ™‚

Reply to Sloan
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

Wow–that looks amazing!

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

I love getting out and going for a hike! Living in South Carolina, my favorite part has been being so close to the mountains!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Jaime | pink figment

It’s hard to connect with nature where I live because I’m right in the middle of the city, but I love walking through parks to enjoy the trees and flowers. I also love running on this Greenway that is a nice landscaped path that takes me to this cool marsh where you can see airplanes taking off in the distance. It’s the closest I can get to nature where I live!

Reply to Jaime | pink figment