My Kind of Week.

12907430_1581923188787112_773463016_n

Good Morning!

I hope you’re all doing well and soaking up the last bit of chill before it’s officially summer. I love getting all of your snowy snapchats; it makes me feel so happy about where I live ๐Ÿ˜‰ I was blessed with a beautiful day yesterday and I decided to head out to the Riverwalk for a run. It’s such a peaceful path and I love getting out there in the afternoon to relax.

12910384_1012793998767176_1164509687_n

For breakfast this morning, I made an over easy omelet. It’s so delicious and super easy to make. I heat a pan on high and add tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, I crack two eggs into the pan + extra egg whites. I sprinkle about two tablespoons of cheese, minced onion, garlic powder, black pepper and italian seasoning. Once the edges are crisped up, I fold the egg into an omelet without cracking the yolk. After a minute, I flip it over on the other side to cook. I also make sure the yolk is still a tad runny. I’ve been having these after long workouts for the protein.

12910456_1012470995466143_681329407_n

My week has been pretty chill and productive. I’ve been fitting in all my workouts, walks and a lot of organizing! I’ve been making stir fry a lot. I like to make a big batch and eat it throughout the week. This stir fry had eggs and chicken added. The recipe can be found here.

12910286_1012470982132811_733711309_nย 12935409_1012470998799476_257239643_n

I also made a batch of my oatmeal raisin cookies on Wednesdayย night.

12910098_1012470992132810_482592745_n

My family from Iowa wanted to go to Waffle House on Thursday morning. It was their last day here and everyone from the midwest seems to LOVE Waffle House. I had some coffee and a slice of wheat toast.

IMG_1436

After my family left, my dad and I headed to my place to set up my new bed. We were so proud with how it turned out! Now we are going to make matching end tables. Oh, and I need to get new curtains. I’m thinking a light creamย or beige.

12910985_1012470978799478_313571620_n

I also set up my new jewelry rack I bought from an Etsy shop (Fine Art Holders.)ย ย I was so impressed with the outcome! You can talk to the creators and have them customize it anyway you’d like. They’re quick to respond.

12899769_1012470972132812_2028402027_n

I met up with a friend to go running at Freedom park Friday morning. If you live in the Charlotte area or visiting, Freedom park is a great place to stop. It has a giant playground, a walking path around the pond, and trails.

12383647_987313671345218_413334027_n

We took the trail all the way down to the Little Sugar Creek Greenway. It was such a nice run and a beautifulย day for it.

12895419_1012470942132815_1083821304_n
After my run I met up with Becca on her lunch break since I was in the area. We decided to go to Juice Bar…because it’s our favorite spot.
12895443_1012470888799487_2072719665_nย 12910380_1012470885466154_1302156857_n

I decided to attempt the grand slamย shots. You have to drink them in the order of wheatgrass, ginger, lemon and pineapple. I’m used to the wheat grass shot because I do it now and then. The ginger had cayenne pepper in it and my lips were on fire, but I could feel it shooting down my body. I weirdly liked it. The lemon was strong, but helped me wash down the cayenne pepper. The pineapple was the best and a great shot to end it with. If you’re wondering why anyone would ever take a shot of cayenne pepper…here is a great article to explain it. It’s one of the best super foods!

12899810_1012470928799483_2134240566_n 12899867_1012470898799486_1953292197_n

I also ordered the veggies and hummus to snack on.

12910516_1012470892132820_1403023929_n

I’ve been trying to order different drinks when I go there, so I ordered the Berry Goodย smoothie with protein and I think this one might be my new favorite! It had blueberries, banana, cashews, lemon,ย coconut milk and protein.

1917137_10207152605828225_7535657632999100014_n

My parents spent their Friday walking the Riverwalk and exploring the area. I think they’re the cutest. They drove over to my place after their walk and we all watched a movie.

1915682_10207152606948253_6662131843314629169_n

They kept sending me photos of this puppy and I know you guys love dog pics, so I had to share it with you as well. How cute is this little fellow?

12899938_1011858262194083_663429021_n

My mom and I went on a little shopping trip and then had dinner after. Nothing is better than mom’s meatloaf ha!

12884360_1011858225527420_1186988006_n

Later Friday night, I met up with Rachel and some friends for a little bonfire and wine.

12900034_1011858205527422_838197195_n

We later took it inside to play drinking Jenga. It’s the funnest game ever.

12910087_1011858128860763_735008862_n

I spent all Saturday morning exploring new parts of Charlotte with Becca. I decided to leave the camera at home and just enjoy the moments.

12900033_1011963475516895_825999423_n

We decided to go to one of our favorites spots, Luna’s Living Kitchen. I always start with a coconut milk latte.

12895315_1011857992194110_201685302_n

I ordered the Arugula Harvest salad.

It comes with โ€œtangy, savory arugula salad tossed in a maple-mustard vinaigrette, topped with red cabbage, spiraled root vegetables, avocado, pear, caramelized pecans, pumpkin seeds, raisins, and homemade cashew basil cheeseโ€

I had them add falafel as well. Their falafel didn’t taste like falafel, it was more of just seeds and bread. I wasn’t a fan, but the salad was amazing as usual. Becca had the broccoli Waldorf salad and this is also one of my favorites.

12380131_1011857978860778_102829473_n

We were wanting to do one of those paint and wine nights, but didn’t feel like signing up and searching around for a last minute class, so we had the bright idea of just having our own and it was super fun!

12910210_1011857958860780_1498441973_n

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to paint, so i just started sketching.

12919056_1011857948860781_1227412699_n

I will have to finish it soon, but if you’re ever looking for something fun to do, grab a bottle of wine, some paint supplies and have a DIY paint night at your own place!

12895326_1011857878860788_743139756_n

I headed to my parents house early to go to Easter Mass.

P.S. I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT EASTER!

12884612_1011857938860782_1327955922_nย 12895278_1011857855527457_1177386773_n

My mom put an Easter basket together for me and it made me smile. I guess you’re never too old for baskets ๐Ÿ™‚

12910115_1011857768860799_823564701_n

After church, I had a white chocolate macadamia nut Cliff bar for breakfast and got ready for the Simply Taralynn Collection photo shoot. I can’t believe how good those bars were!

IMG_1849ย IMG_1846

I’m so excited to share all the new photos and items with you! Allย available in the shop! ๐Ÿ™‚

12910511_1011857802194129_1979603318_n

It was so much fun and the weather was perfect for shooting. Luckily, Becca does photography so it worked out perfectly!

12596171_1011857565527486_1339893717_n

After four hours of shooting photos, it started to rain and we called it quits! We decided to head to our Sunday spot, Amelies French Bakery! I’m really lucky to have a friend who enjoys coffee, exploring areas, taking photos, and drinking wine as much as I do! My hair was all cute and then the rain happened…so this is what you get ๐Ÿ˜‰

12900083_1011857755527467_704928603_n

Rock Hill Amelies has a lovelock rail. I think it’s super cute!

12910291_1011963492183560_1629611214_nย 12900086_1011962345517008_744144459_n

Instead of my normal Chai, I stuck to a dark roast coffee.

12920948_1011852628861313_1239485748_n

The first sip off coffee all dayย =ย HEAVEN!

IMG_2081ย IMG_2065

Choosing where to sit is always hard because each spot is so cute and unique at Amelies. We went with the upstairs loft this time!

12900002_1012828548763721_1890491609_n

The loft is cool because you can look down at people. Well…that didn’t sound creepy or anything…

IMG_2068

Amelies has the best fruit and yogurt. The fruit is fresh and ripe, the granola is crisp and sweet…and their yogurt is like something I’ve never had before! It almost tastes like ice cream.

12919112_1011963495516893_1554076182_n

I could sit in the corner of this coffee shop all day.

IMG_2076

I was so happy to get that coffee and food in me after the busy morning!

IMG_2078

I dress more basic than anyone you’ll ever meet most days. But, just incase you’re wondering…;) I love my basic pieces with earthy colors and stripes.

Purse: Catos Fashion
Cardigan: Gap
Tee:ย AE
Jeans:ย AE
Shoes:ย Nike

IMG_1969

SPRING IS HERE ๐Ÿ™‚ I love driving around looking at all the flowers. I start to convince myself I’m the weirdest person after reading what I write, but it’s the truth. ๐Ÿ˜‰

12910058_1011852505527992_1877019143_n

Later that night, I headed to the grocery store grab some stuff for zucchini pizzas. Becca had never had them before! I came back to find a new driver…

12910987_1011852475527995_178157062_n

I also was in the mood for roasted butternut squash!

The butternut squash was tossed in olive oil, honey, black pepper, minced onion, sea salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. I roasted them for about an hour at 350 degrees. I continued to flip them.

12884393_1011852452194664_1741668787_n

I like to roast the zucchini for a bit before adding the sauce and cheese. This helps with it being “too watery.”

12910156_1011852428861333_1002460562_n

These were perfection!

12910620_1011852335528009_1548070858_n

I used Applegate pepperonis and Becca used jalapeรฑos.

12910590_1011852355528007_1010169501_n

If you haven’t tried zucchini pizzas, it’s a must. I have her hooked now!

1. How was your Easter?
  2. Have you ever had Zucchini Pizzas?
  3. What is your favorite activity to do on a Saturday night?ย

Comments

• Kate

Hi Taralynn!

Love the blog. I was wondering, where did you get your bedspread?! I can never find one I love and I LOVE yours. Thanks!!

Kate

Reply to Kate
  • Ashton Jury

That waffle house has gotta be a Midwest thing lol! Being born and raised in California my husband I ate at one in Florida and it was just bland. Also a man with no teeth smiled at me…

Love the jewelry organizer, I need to invest in one of those! Also your bed is super cute!

Reply to Ashton Jury
  • Brooklyn

Zucchini pizzas are so good! I haven’t made them in a while though, I think I need to change that!
    Easter is my favorite, I made my boyfriend set me up an Easter egg hunt. It’s always so fun!

I loved this recap post :)All of your photos make me want to plan a trip to Charlotte so bad.

Reply to Brooklyn
  • caleigh goldman

the coffee you get always looks incredible

Reply to caleigh goldman
  • Kate

Oh my gosh Taralynn, this is getting scary. We are literally in the exact same spots right after each other! I was at Luna on Saturday morning for brunch and I saw your Snapchat right after saying you were there! Another one – I work in Rock Hill.. I went to Riverwalk on my lunch break, and yet again you were there that same day (not sure what time).. So if you have some crazy girl with dark hair run up to you one day and go “Finally! It’s you! I’m Kate!!” that will be me! Hahah!

Reply to Kate
  • Patricia @Sweet and Strong

OMG I’m literally drooling over all your food pics. Zucchini pizza is genius, I need to try that!

Reply to Patricia @Sweet and Strong
  • Megan

I love your cactus mug in the breakfast photo! Totally adorable and perfect for drinking coffee. Where did you get it?

Reply to Megan
  • Lulie

You are the best and the sweeetest! keep going gurl! I lov your blog! greetings from Mexico! P.S. isn’t it Because? instead of becuase?

Reply to Lulie
  • Victoria

Hi Taralynn!

LOVE your new collection of clothes!

In the picture of you wearing the tie-dye blouse, where did you get those shoes?! I searched for them on your clothing site, but didn’t see them!

Reply to Victoria
  • Emily B

Girlfriend, you’ve got some serious artistic talent! Your painting looked great! My mom and I did a wine and canvas class a few months back. It was super fun. It was Northern Lights themed and I was pretty proud of my painting!
    My Easter was good but SUPER busy. We traveled 2 hours to see my husband’s family on Friday-Saturday, came back home Saturday night, had Easter breakfast at our church and I led music at church that morning and then we had Easter dinner with my family and then I traveled out of town to visit some friends. But it was good overall!
    I haven’t had zucchini pizzas but I did tried zucchini lasagna once. I liked it and my husband did not. But he was a good sport about trying it ๐Ÿ™‚ I just bought a spiralizer so I am excited to start using that and finding recipes to use with “zoodles.”
    Favorite Saturday night activity? Oh gosh.. I don’t even know! Probably hanging out with my husband or family doing whatever. But sometimes I just love a Saturday night at home..although that rarely ever seems to happen!

Reply to Emily B

Lol Thank you Emily!

Those paint classes are so fun.

That does sound like a busy easter but a fun one!

I made zucchini lasagna and it was so good! That sounds like a great idea for the weekend.

Saturday nights at home with wine are fun <3

• Amy

Oh my gosh, does your friend have a tattoo of a sheep? If my daughter sees that, she will want to get one! She raised lambs for 2 years but is off to college now.

Reply to Amy
  • Heather @ Polyglot Jot

ive been obsessed with stir fry lately too! That coffee shop looks perfect! I’m hoping in the near future my husband and i can move down south where its warmer! If we do, it would probably be the Atlanta area.
    Looks like a great week-also i must say even though it rained and you had to put your hair up, it looks super cute in the messy bun! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Stir fry is so easy to make and I like it as leftovers.

Atlanta is great & I loved it while living there!

Thank you & I usually always rock the messy buns! xo

• Angela Medina

I absolutely love your sense of style, clothing and decor! I love that rustic/modern feel. Not sure if you’re a fan of the show Fixer Upper but I love Joanna’s way of decorating and you remind me a lot of her with your style!

Also, this is a super random question. But I just can’t get enough of how ridiculously cute Mr. Grumples is and I always love his haircuts. I am actually getting a Goldendoodle boy TOMORROW! He will be 7 weeks and I know their hair can get really long which I love but I want him to be comfortable during our crazy hot weather here in Charlotte, NC. Just wanted to know what kind of cut do you ask when you get him groomed? I am terrified of the groomers shaving him down and want to make sure he still looks fluffy!

Loving that you’re posting more by the way! Enjoy your week!

Reply to Angela Medina

Thank you Angela. That is what I always go for. I love vintage, rustic, and modern all at once! I love that show ๐Ÿ˜€ & thats a crazy nice compliment, so THANK YOU!

Well, a lot of people put their doodles through pain becuase they want them to “look” good after the cut…but to be honest, I don’t want him to sit at the groomer’s and have them brush out mats and cut him in crazy ways. I tell the groomer to do it as fast as they can AKA just shave him…Their hair grows back really fast and it’s just the best option for him ๐Ÿ™‚

XO Congrats on being a doodle mom!!!:D

• Bennie

I love that jewelry organizer! I’m going to measure a spot in my bedroom and order one. Its’ just what I need.

Reply to Bennie
  • Sarah

The Waffle House comment made me laugh! I’m from the Midwest and it’s so true! The people watching – it isn’t creepy! Most of us like to do it, but just don’t admit it. lol!

My Easter was pretty fun. We had a bunch of family over for a traditional style dinner and then just sat on the porch after enjoying the rain.
    I’ve never had zucchini pizzas, but they look so yummy every time you make them that I’m almost convinced to try them.
    I currently live with my four year old nice, so most Saturday nights are spent with her watching some sort of kid movie (usually Barbie) and coloring.

Reply to Sarah
  • Jaime

1. My Easter was great! I went to church and then had an early dinner with my family and my brother-in-law’s family. My sister just had a baby in January and it’s amazing being an aunt- my niece smiled at me for the first time on Easter! It was so special. And my mom got me an Easter basket too..but instead of a basket she used a brownie pan because I didn’t have one ๐Ÿ™‚
    2. Yes! Instead of cutting them long like yours I cut mine into little cucumber-like circles, they reminded me of bagel bites. So yummy! I think I’ll try it your way next time though.
    3. I either like to go out dancing with friends to a bar that has live music or a good DJ (dancing is the best way to burn off the calories from drinking) or just stay in and binge-watch a good TV show with some yummy snacks.

Reply to Jaime

So glad you had a great Easter. Congrats on becoming an Aunt! Love the brownie pan haha

I’ve had it like that as well, but I’m inpatient! Takes to long to add the toppings lol.

Sounds like a fun Saturday!

xo

• Leslie

Happy Belated Easter! Mine was fantastic! My family are such goofs! We’re all adults, but my mom still makes me Easter baskets and gets us kites to fly! (Mine was Barbie! Bahaha)
    I’ve tried to make zucchini pizzas, but I’m not a fan of the taste…I Matt be making it wrong though lol

As soon as summer comes, my favorite Saturday night activity is anything outdoors, especially bonfires! Making some s’mores and having a glass (or two) of wine is the absolute best!

Have a great rest of the week!

Reply to Leslie

Happy Belated Easter to you as well ๐Ÿ˜€ You’re never too old to get an Easter basket. Some people just don’t like zucchini and thats ok ๐Ÿ˜€

Bonfires are so fun!!!:) I can’t wait to crack into the s’mores this summer.

I have you have a great week/weekend!

• Bethany

If you’re looking for a paint night spot, check out Studio Cellar in south end!! It just opened last month and it’s amazing! I went with a friend of mine and we had a blast!! I have to check out these little cafes and restaurants you go to, they look amazing! I’ve been in Charlotte for over two years and I’m always finding new places to go and new things to do!

Reply to Bethany

Ive heard great things about that place! I may have to ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m also still finding new places and I feel like a new place opens every month! Also, follow Charlotte Agenda on instagram for more ideas! I love that!

• Taylor

Loved this post! Thank you for posting where your clothes were from, because I am always wondering!! That coffee place looks amazing, and I love to people watch as well so you didn’t sound creepy at all ๐Ÿ˜‰ AND that tie dye shirt is AMAZING.The DIY paint night is such an amazing idea, I am definitely going to suggest that to my friends as a different alternative to going out!

Reply to Taylor

Thank you Tay!

I know I wear some basic stuff, but sometimes there are others like me lol & glad I’m not the only creepy one. ๐Ÿ˜‰

& THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

The DIY PAINT IS SO SO SO MUCH FUN!

• Carly

Love your recap posts! Looks like you’ve had great running weather! I hope to make in down south some time because it sounds like there are so many amazing running/walking trails! I also love the picture of Grumples driving! My goofy dog Moose does this thing where if I take him on errands he jumps in the drivers seat as soon as I get out and watches for me to come back so he can jump back in the passenger seat… sometimes I catch him in the act but usually I can just tell because my seat has a warm little doggy spot…. dogs are such goofballs!! ๐Ÿ˜›

My easter was full of good food, relaxation and a chocolate easter bunny… so no complaints here!

I have had zucchini pizzas before but I cut them the opposite way (in circles)… SO much smarter to cut them length wise… not sure why I didn’t think of that ha!

I’m not sure that I can pin down a favorite Saturday night, but going out for drinks somewhere with a patio is always up there, as it staying in and making a cheese platter and wine tasting night at home!

Reply to Carly

Thank you Carly!

The trails are endless here. I love changing it up. Grumples and Moose (LOVE THAT NAME) sound a lot alike. I love dogs and they act like humans.

Sounds like you had a GREAT Easter!

Lol I did the circles too but it took forever to sauce and cheese them all! lol

Wine & Cheese………..always a good idea.

• Katelyn

Yum! Everything looks so yummy. I’ve been on an egg/avocado toast with tomatoes, spinach, and sriracha kick. Yummy after HIIT workout meal, but I’ve been eating it for lunch too! I will have to try the omelette recipe. Sounds quick and delicious.

I love your bed, it came out perfectly. Looks like the perfect place to relax.

Thanks for sharing your week with us. I’ve been a loooong time follower and your journey and real-ness to where you are is truly inspiring and encouraging. <3

Reply to Katelyn

Thanks Katelyn!

That sounds good ๐Ÿ™‚ Eggs + Avocado is amazing on toast. I’ll have to add the addition on the sriracha! Have you ever mixed honey & sriracha together? It’s like a spicy sweet chili sauce! SO GOOD.

& thank you! I was so happy with how it turned out.

Thank you for following my blog & I appreciate you stopping to comment! xo xo

Taralynn

• Nicole

I had a really unconventional Easter but it was really nice! I just recently moved back to the same state as my parents so I went to see them… normally my bf joins for some holidays, or for Easter I haven’t been able to go home, or my sister and her bf are there too, but this year was just me and my parents and my puppy and it was really nice!

I’ve never had zucchini pizzas but every time I see you post about them I remind myself I need to try them.

I never really have crazy Saturday night plans! It’s been too warm and rainy here in Orlando to grill out or have a bonfire. Boooo!

Also, completely unrelated to any of these questions but another blog I read every week (Budget Bytes) was posting about an Instant Pot, and then I saw something about it on Buzzfeed, and even though I don’t really know you I read your blog a lot and feel like it would be something you’d use! It’s like a pressure cooker/slow cooker thing all in one. And then you could post recipes for it ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Nicole

That must be nice ๐Ÿ™‚ It was nice having my parents around, too.

Definitely try them! I have hooked everyone on them ๐Ÿ™‚

Hopefully the spring showers end soon! We get so much rain here and I can’t stand it. It’s supposed to rain today as well. Good day to catch up on work and just relax!

& THANK YOU for thinking of me. I love learning about new cooking products ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ll have to check that out!!

Enjoy your week/weekend and i hope the rain clears up! xo

• Hillary Danielle

The white chocolate macadamia nut luna bars are my favorite Luna bars. The only place I can get them around me is Kroger, and the one doesn’t always like to restock their luna bars, so when I find them I usually buy the whole box of them haha.

One of my best friends just moved to Rock Hill, SC from Charlotte in January for work, and all your posts about it make me want to go down and visit her and venture around to all the places you talk about!

1. Easter was decent, it was 75 here in Ohio that day, so it was beautiful! We drove into Columbus to visit the boyfriend’s family.

2. I’ve been meaning to try the Zucchini pizzas but every time I’m in the grocery store for some reason Zucchini slips my mind when I’m in the produce section.

3. Saturday nights, when it’s spring/summer/fall, I like to do a bonfire in the backyard and just sit around it enjoying the company of friends.

Reply to Hillary Danielle

I couldn’t believe how good they were. I’m going to attempt a white chocolate macadamia nut granola bar recipe this weekend. You could probably get a whole box of them on Amazon! Hopefully Costco will start selling them in bulk ๐Ÿ™‚

You guys had GREAT weather! I miss visiting my brother in Ohio, but I have family in Columbus and will have to get out there soon!

Grocery lists are key ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love bonfires as well. I hate the way it makes my hair smell, BUT…that’s life lol

• Emily Weir

You make me want to move to Charlotte! All of the local spots are beautiful and perfect for running, and I would spend all of my time in the little cafes. Also thinking I need to add zucchini pizzas to the dinner menu next week.

PS: It’s nice to see you looking so happy with life, considering everything you’ve shared in the past few months. Glad to see you’re thriving through it all! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Emily Weir

Charlotte is one of my favorite places ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve moved a lot and Charlotte is the one place I don’t ever want to leave! Zucchini pizzas are so simple to make and SO delish.

I really appreciate that. I am truly happy and enjoying my life to the fullest and I just appreciate life more. It’s nice to finally have things fall into place.
      xo

• Caitlyn

I am so jealous that you have such cute little places in Charlotte, I would love to find places like that around where I live, also those grey kitten heels are ADORABLE, where are they from? I actually did a painting and wine thing with my work as a kind of “team building” thing and it was a lot of fun, but I like the idea of doing it at home instead sounds like more fun. Anyways, hope your week continues to be good and I am excited to see the new items in the shop. Keep up the amazing work awesome lady ^_^

Reply to Caitlyn

Thank you Caitlyn. I love Charlotte SO much! There is so much to do and see here. Those are from Cato’s Fashion. I’m obsessed with their shoes becuase theyre super cheap and super cute.

Thank you for the kind words and I hope you have a fantastic week as well!

• Tricia

Awesome post! I just moved to Atlanta from Texas and miss my wine/exploring/coffee/walking friends! They are the best. I’ve been looking for some casual Nikes like yours- which style are they? You’re the best.

Reply to Tricia

Thanks Tricia!

Atlanta is so much fun ๐Ÿ™‚ Lots of exploring to be done and moving is so hard when it comes to making friends, but it will happen! My shoes are the Nike Women’s In-Season 5 TR Training Shoes ๐Ÿ™‚ I got them at Dick’s Sportiing Goods.

• Jessie M @ The Acquired Sass

That picture of Grump driving had me in stitches. He looks so serious about it!

I originally thought that pic of your parents was you & your dad. So give your Mom a big high five for looking super young, in a good way!

And I guess I’m from the Midwest, grew up Cincinnati-ish. But technically KY so, geography. Anyways. LOVE me some Waffle House. Their hashbrowns are the best. They’re not around here so I’m just stuck making my own hashbrowns or hoping I can find someplace that makes them as tasty. Which so far, nothing.

Reply to Jessie M @ The Acquired Sass

Lol he’s seriously STUBBORN!

My mom will LOVE seeing that comment:) I’ll pass on the compliment.

The waffle house does have some good hash browns. I made some the other day that had cheese in them and they were so crispy!

• Alli

Oh my word, I thought the exact same thing about your mom! I literally had to go back and double check the picture after I read this comment. So funny!

Reply to Alli
  • Anne Salem

You’re just so awesome / an everyday inspiration / you need to come visit LA soon!!

Also I’m thinking about starting a blog soon, thanks to you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Anne Salem
  • Ginny Bryzgalova

That zucchini looks mouthwatering! ๐Ÿ™‚ I love looking at the pictures of your runs, they always inspire me to get outside! I’m from Canada, so sometimes that’s a challenge because of the weather, haha! How early in the day do you usually wake up to run?

Reply to Ginny Bryzgalova

Thank you! I can’t imagine the kind of weather you have to run in, but summer is almost here! ๐Ÿ™‚

When I wake up, I have coffee and do all of my work stuff. I’m not morning runner, which is why I do not like races. I run midday.

๐Ÿ™‚

• Patricia

Love your style, so cute and effortless. Ps I remember you mentioning awhile back you were thinking of doing a whole post dedicated to running, with tips to get started etc. Please don’t forget! I’ve recently gotten into it and find it an amazing workout but so overwhelmingโ€ฆ.I start cramping and wheezing like 5 minutes in lol.

Reply to Patricia

Thank you Patricia!

I am still doing the running post ๐Ÿ™‚ Cramping and wheezing five minutes in when you first start is SO normal. Make sure you’re getting enough potassium throughout the day and lots of water! Helps with cramping ๐Ÿ™‚

xo

• Shantel Jones

The bed you guys made is AMAZING!!! I love the entire look of it! Did you use any plans online? I would love to recreate it for my bedroom :0)

Reply to Shantel Jones

Thank you Shantel!

We just drew up our own plans and my dad figured out all the measurement. I asked if he’d be willing to write a little tutorial and he said he’d see what he could do ๐Ÿ™‚

xo

• Lindsay

Yes!!! I had the exact same question. Glad your dad will help us out ๐Ÿ˜€ Love the tattoo by the way.

Reply to Lindsay
  • Shannon G

Sounds like a good fun week. Easter candy and baskets are the best. Can you believe though my 4th grader hates candy, even CHOCOLATE!

Love the pastel tye dye shirt and the painting. We got all the supplies and all to paint while my kids were on spring break. I love just relaxing with some paint and canvas.

Hope you have a great rest of this week and love the post you keep it real and that’s what makes the blog fun. It’s kinda like we are having coffee with you and chatting about your day.

Reply to Shannon G

It definitely was. I wish I could have her hate for chocolate! I love the stuff, although I stayed strong and only had a piece this year ๐Ÿ™‚ I made sure to leave the basket at my parents house.

Paint and canvas is the best, especially with kids. I used to do this with the kids I nannied for.

Thank you for the kind words about my blog ๐Ÿ™‚ Thats exactly what I’m going for!

Taralynn

• Kaylee Sanders

I love you and your blog! You have helped me with my journey to a healthy life so much! Thanks girl! I was wondering what you put in your coffee or what you usually drink at coffee shops. Your addiction to coffee is similar to mine! lol

Reply to Kaylee Sanders

Thank you Kaylee!

I do a splash of light cream at home and when Im at a coffee shop I try to do about a tablespoon of their cream or use skim milk if they have it available. I love lattes as well, so I’ll order those with skim or almond milk ๐Ÿ™‚