Catch Up Post Before I Disappear

IMG_9007

My life is almost back to normal. I have one more weekend away and then I’m going to crawl into my bed and plant myself for a while. Before I disappear again, I want to do a little “catch up” post.

*scarf in my shop*
use code: HUMDAY25 to get 25% entire order.

12200741_937823756264201_388343480_n

Before I left D.C. last week, Karlee and I had breakfast at the Silver Diner in Clarendon. It’s located right down the street from Revolution Cycles. It’s a cute little place with a giant menu. It had a large healthy and vegetarian selection.

12202350_937823739597536_94896851_n12204890_937823752930868_985265060_n

Karlee and I filled the diner with music one quarter at a time.

12200711_937823729597537_1727597026_n

I ordered the vegetarian omelet without mushroom, wheat toast, fruit, and a side of non vegetarian pork bacon πŸ˜‰ Sometimes, bacon is necessary (especially before a long drive).

12212503_938372189542691_851093406_n 12212136_938372212876022_932089020_n

I left D.C. around one. I was so excited to bring my new E-bike home from Revolution Cycles! I’m planning a huge Sunday bike ride! If you haven’t tried an E-bike yet…do so! They are amazing and I’m going to start using it to get around more. Charlotte has a lot of great places to ride.

*Road trip obsession: Gin Gins! The cherry ginger gin gins are incredible (if you like ginger). They’re hard and chewy at the same time. It takes me like 15 minutes to get through one piece! Plus, ginger calms my stomach and if you have anxiety, it’s like a natural remedy.

12212048_938372179542692_531596618_n

This was the first time taking a road trip and hitting ZERO traffic. I made it back in 5 1/2 hours…AND I was going the speed limit.

12208009_937823692930874_867148556_nΒ 12188752_937823699597540_417692216_n

When I got back, Nick and I went to dinner at Tupelo Honey Cafe in Charlotte. It’s a cute little place on South Boulevard. I shouldn’t say “little” because its rather big. It has an adorable outdoor area to sit, a regularΒ dining area and a bar area. I want to go there for breakfast one of theseΒ Sundays and sit outside.

We started with a jumbo crab cake over jalapeΓ±o aioli greens and baby tomatoes. The meal also came with a homemade buttermilk biscuit which was out of this world. It was buttery, flakey, and gradually melted in your mouth.

12204585_937823696264207_280082328_n

I ordered the tomato cider glazed atlantic salmon with a side of sweet potato fries and a salad. The salmon was reallllly good, but I was too stuffed to care for the sweet potato fries.

12200928_937823626264214_263717684_n

I only had one day to get ready for the mountain trip. I spent lots of time with Grumples, unpacked, repacked and then fit in a good run before I headed out!

I had the chance to try out my new Prismsport pants and I love them! I have a hard time keeping my pants up when I run…because when I lose weight, I tend to lose a lot of my backside. When I gain weight, it’s the first place that packs it on. I just wish it would go up top πŸ˜‰ The Prismsport running leggings do not move when I’m running. I had my phone tucked in the side the entire time too. They are soft, and come in really cute prints.

IMG_9035

I’ve been getting back into the groove of roasted vegetables since it’s getting colder. I love chopping tons up and eating them throughout the week.

12200514_937819316264645_748098537_n

I have been keeping my running down and doing it 4 times a week. I like to do three miles and then on Sunday a 5 miler. I don’t want to get injured by overdoing it, so I make sure to ice, stretch, and rest. I’ve also been doing a lot of strength training. This weekend, I’m going to have to go back to the treadmill when I’m out of town. I’ll also be doing the treadmill when it’s cold. I ran for the first time outside when it was 45 degrees and my lungs were burning. It’s truly pathetic.

I also wanna keep my miles under five because I’ve been having frequent heart palpitations. They have been getting worse lately, and my appointment isn’t until next month. I just want to make sure I’m being safe. Heart disease runs in my family, so I have to take it seriously. You’re never too young to get checked out.

12212048_937823612930882_1483371181_n

I always take Grumples with me on my cool down mile.

12212243_937823589597551_612119488_n

Yogurt or a 8 ounce protein shake are my post-run go-tos.

12211994_937823642930879_270104356_n

Got my peach tea from Starbucks!

12212482_937823632930880_1637278844_n

How fun are these contacts?!

12200805_937819212931322_1965026602_n

I went dress shopping a couple days ago…

I went home with three new Columbia pullovers and zero dresses. Looks like I’ll be making attempt two today!

12204931_937823689597541_62446363_n

All my new canvas prints came in! I love bringing my photography to life.

12200805_937819276264649_2042375799_n

I have missed this little (big) guy.

12204948_938229962890247_2098788162_n

and he’s missed me πŸ˜‰

12207644_937823669597543_2105915888_n

I love stopping at the peach stand to pick up Bruks Bars for quick breakfast fixes. I like to have one with egg whites. This is the apple pecan flavor and it’s by far my favorite! They are coming to the Southpark Wholefoods soon!

12207834_937823686264208_621556821_n

And I found my favorite wine at the Peachstand.

12207884_937819169597993_1978414743_n

I have been a fan of these for three years now! I need to make my own version πŸ™‚

12208143_937819182931325_2043803167_n

Sometimes when I’m on the go, I bring 1/4 of a cup of trail mix with me. Afternoon hanger issues are dangerous.

12200463_938229949556915_955940294_n

Harris Teeter salads are also a lifesaver for busy nights when I don’t have time to make anything. Last night, I threw together a salad for dinner. I also made veggie fries to go with it.

IMG_8760

Shaughna and Mike brought me back a fresh lei and milk chocolate toffee macadamia nuts from Hawaii. These are the best things to ever land in my hands. If you don’t have self control, do not try these! I have been having a couple pieces with my coffee in the morning. They are amazing!

12212024_938348289545081_1587674728_n

This morning, I made a quick breakfast sandwich. I have another busy day coming up, so I need all the energy I can get. It had bacon, egg, cheese, and a whole wheat english muffin!

Wish me luck with the dress shopping, my math test, my run, and all the other crazy stuff going on today! Hopefully I can post a recipe soon!

*oH…if you see any cute area rugs for living rooms…send me a link! I need one.

Comments

• Jay

I love your blog and have been following it for years. Regarding heart palpitations, I was advised by a doctor to stop eating and drinking caffeinated products (chocolate, coffee, sodas, etc.). A dietitian I knew said that heart palpitations can be caused by dehydration caused by not drinking enough water, medication (as in my case), etc. The next time I felt the palpitations start, I drank 28 oz. of room temp water quickly & the palpitations stopped. I also went to the cardiologist, wore a heart monitor for a month but nothing was found. I make it a point to drink at least 1 gallon of water per day. Take care.

Reply to Jay

Thank you Jay! I’ll look into that. Giving up coffee would be so hard! I’d definitely have to switch to decaf so i can make myself believe I’m drinking the real deal! So glad you’re ok!

• Bell

Where did you get your shoes? And do get new running shoes a lot?

Reply to Bell
  • tany

I’m already excited for another catch up post!

Reply to tany
  • ANita

LOVE YOU

Reply to ANita
  • Natasha

Try Wayfair!! If you sign up for their email list, you get a coupon right away. πŸ™‚ And then Costplus World Market! πŸ™‚

Natasha

Reply to Natasha
  • Des

What running app do you use?

Reply to Des
  • Tamra

I thought you and Nick broke up…

Reply to Tamra
  • Nina

Glad you’re back”!

Reply to Nina
  • Kristin C

Tupelo Honey is also in Asheville, but somehow I have never been at either location.

Reply to Kristin C
  • mirthe

Tara,

please make sure to have those palpitations checked out. I had/have the same and it turns out it can get worse by training hard or exercising… just when I thought I was being health-conscious! πŸ™‚ hope yours is just a little something that will go by though!
    all the best all the way from europe,

mirthe

Reply to mirthe
  • Allie

For a rug, try allmodern.com! πŸ™‚

Reply to Allie
  • Elisabeth

Hey Tara!

I wear contacts as well. I actually need to order some more soon. What kind are you wearing? Thanks!

Best,
    Elisabeth

Reply to Elisabeth
  • Kelly

A few years ago I was having frequent heart palpitations, and it turns out it’s because I was drinking too much coffee (too fast)! Just wanted to let you know so that you didn’t panic. It could be as simple as a tiny (though perhaps devastating) lifestyle change =)

Reply to Kelly
  • bri

Hiiii!! Love the post πŸ™‚ I hope everything works out ok with your heart palpitations. Better to be safe about it!!

Where do you get your canvas’ printed?? Im looking to get some done πŸ™‚

Reply to bri
  • Amanda

Ooh, I love ginger, and I had no idea it was good for anxiety! Awesome!

Reply to Amanda
  • Kerri Mcgrail

Those canvas photos are beautiful! I hope that there is no issue with your heart- better to be on the safe side and take it seriously.

Reply to Kerri Mcgrail
  • Caitlin

Where or what site do you order your prints from? Are they iPhone pics blown up on to canvas? I want to do this for Christmas gifts this year!!! πŸ™‚

Reply to Caitlin
  • Julia

Hi Taralynn! I’ve been loving following your adventures lately! Any chance you’re going to be releasing a winter line of clothes in your store? I’ve been a little late to the game and all my favorite fall pieces are sold out πŸ™ Love your blog and your store, it’s the best!

Reply to Julia

Hi Julia!

I have been out of town lately and i have tons of new winter things coming up now that i’m back! You can look for them tomorrow πŸ˜€

• Chelsea Benner

Where did you get your canvases printed from?! I love them!

Reply to Chelsea Benner
  • Nicte Kono

Love the pics!

Reply to Nicte Kono
  • Imogen

How do you progress to being able to run 3 miles in a good time? I have been running consistently for months and can’t seem to get my 3 mile under 30 mins πŸ™ Running doesn’t come naturally to me at all! Good work, and love those leggings! xo

Reply to Imogen

It took me a couple weeks to work myself back up! It really doesn’t matter about getting your runs under thirty, as long as you can run the miles or run or thirty minutes you’re golden! Don’t worry about time and it’ll get easier!

• Whitney

Overstock has a ton of awesome rugs for cheap! This one is one of my favorites! I love you blog and Mr. Grumbles! Hope you have a awesome trip πŸ™‚

Reply to Whitney
  • Whitney

Love this area rug! I’m not sure if it’ll go with your stuff but overstock has a lot of good rugs for half price πŸ™‚ also I love your post! Hope you have a great trip!

Reply to Whitney
  • Caitlin

Where do you order your canvas prints?! They look great and Ive been wanting to get some for Xmas presents!!!

Reply to Caitlin
  • Jenna

Hi Taralynn,

You’ve probably said this in a past post but where did you order those smaller canvas’s from? They are so cute!

Reply to Jenna
  • Victoria

If you ever have time, you should do a wine tasting trip to Paso Robles! I went to school around there it’s like Napa but better because it’s reasonably priced and they give you better pours!

Reply to Victoria
  • Heather

Sounds like a lovely time! Love those canvas prints! what company did you use to order them through? I’d like to have a few canvas shots from different vacations.

Reply to Heather
  • Ashley

Where did you get the canvas prints done? They look great..

Reply to Ashley
  • Kaiko

What type of Columbia pullover is that? I’ve tried searching online for it with no luck.

Reply to Kaiko
  • Julie

Sending you prayers for your upcoming appointment! I recently got checked out for stomach issues (which was scary, but I’m so glad I did). Peace of mind is worth so much, and our health is so important like you said. <3

Reply to Julie
  • Gina

Yummers, those nuts, trail mix, salad, biscuit, snack bar, yoghurt, roasted veggies, sweet potato fries, breakfast, coffee, ginger candies, other coffee, and wine all look dee-lish! You might be the only person that drinks more coffee than me, lol! I love your workout leggings. They kind of blend in with the ground in your pics, lol! I just wear shorts, so boring πŸ™

Reply to Gina
  • Jillian

Love your canvas prints <3

Reply to Jillian
  • Gabrielle

Where do you get your canvas prints made? I’ve been considering doing that with some of my own photography, but am not sure where to go.

Reply to Gabrielle

Easy CanvasπŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ They have great deals.

• laurel

Taralynn,

Do you hang up your prints just like that, or do you frame them? Can you post a picture of your prints hung up for ideas for us? I always loved prints, but since they are pricey, ive always been unsure on how id make them look on the wall. Itd be great to see how you hang them, your so great at designing a room! πŸ™‚

Laurel

Reply to laurel
  • Kelly

The grass is always greener on the other side… I WISH when I packed on weight it was in my booty πŸ™‚ . I sent you an e-mail but I wanted to check in on the vest I ordered on October 20th. I still have not received it. I just wanted to make sure it was sent out since my other orders from your shop have been timely. Vest season is almost over in Chicago πŸ™

Reply to Kelly
  • Erin

Hi!
    I read your blog all the time. I need some suggestions because I eat breakfast at work, no toaster or blender and just a microwave. I am also noticing am not able to eat nuts. Any good breakfast suggestions on the go that will keep me full?
    Erin

Reply to Erin
  • aleah

Love your photography, its awesome! Where did you get your prints turned into canvases? Was it expensive? Thanks! πŸ™‚

Reply to aleah
  • jess

Where do you get your canvas prints?

Reply to jess
  • Angie

Who do you use for your canvas prints? Always looking for a better deal:)

Reply to Angie
  • Jennifer

Every time you talk about your running and working out, it makes me want to go too! Good thing I brought my workout clothes with me so I can go straight to the gym after work πŸ™‚ Been loving and reading your blog for so long–keep it up girl! (you even inspired me to create my own)

P.s. Home Goods is a good place to shop for rugs, because you get the good ones at lower prices! Or World Market… I can’t get enough of that place!

Reply to Jennifer
  • Kailey

So glad you loved Silver Diner. Our family friend is the owner of all the Silver Diners and I told him to take a look at your post πŸ™‚ I always get the low-fat vegetarian omelette, so good!

Reply to Kailey
  • ML Bishop

I’m obsessed with this rug- just got it about a month ago. It comes in two sizes and is so freaking pretty. From CB2.

Reply to ML Bishop
  • Gabrielle

I love all of your canvas prints! I’d love to print up some photos for my apartment…where do you get them made?

Reply to Gabrielle
  • AshleyP

Hey Tara! Just curious but when you have your heart palpitations is it only when you run or randomly throughout the day? I ask because when I was in nursing school (I don’t specialize in cardiology though)and we had our psych rotation one of my classmates/good friend wasn’t “feeling right” that day and said that she thought she was having palpitations. She said her heart “fluttery” and skipping a beat. She had never had it happen before and it scared her so bad she went across the ER and come to find out she was having PVC’s (premature ventricular contractions) so they had her wear a heart rate monitor for a month to see what was going on. They said it could have been brought on by stress. Just curious because they are actually pretty common healthy people with an active lifestyle so if the doctor says that is going on with you too don’t freak out! just make sure you tell them all your symptoms so they can pinpoint whats going on better but I’m sure you’re healthy as an ox girl! πŸ˜‰

Reply to AshleyP

Thanks Ashley!! They just happen randomly throughout the day. They don’t happen when I’m working out. I think they may have to do something with stress or anxiety, but we’ll see!

• Emilee

I love the peach tea at starbucks! I actually work at starbucks and one of my favorite mixtures of tea is the peach and mint majesty! It’s minty, but sweet with the peach! Yummy!

Reply to Emilee
  • Allison

Love all your posts! I hope you got to watch DWTS and Scream Queens this week! What type of camera do you use? Your photos are always amazing!

Reply to Allison
  • candace

check out world market for area rugs, they always have so many options!

Reply to candace

Start your day off with a run, then study for math and then go dress shopping in the evening πŸ™‚

• Dorka

Taralynn, you look gorgeous with blue eyes, those lens pretty awesome! It actually makes me wanna try, I was always wondering how I’d look with blue eyes and it looks so much fun!

Reply to Dorka
  • Rachel

Those chocolate covered macadamia nuts are seriously addicting. I can eat a whole bag! I was going to say you could be anemic, heart palpitations/chest pain is normal with it, of course I’m in no way a doctor. I just got diagnosed last week with anemia and told my doctor all my symptoms. I hope everything goes well at your appointment!

Reply to Rachel

They’re amazing!

I’ve been anemic for years and I had no idea that palpitations had anything to do with it! Thats interesting. Thanks for the info!

• Shauna

I’ve been following your blog for years, I love it! Did you just move? So exciting! You should be proud of your accomplishments πŸ™‚ also that pic of Tino and Grumples is great!

Reply to Shauna
  • Carly

If your looking for a rug try Wayfair! They have every color and pattern you could possibly want and their prices are great! I just ordered a rug from there, since it was less than 80$ for a 5×7 I wasn’t expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised with the a great looking rug that is SO soft that half the time I sit on the floor instead of the couch!

Good luck with your busy-ness!

Reply to Carly
  • Sarah

Love hearing what’s going on in other ladies’ lives! Enjoy your down time! It’s well deserved!

Sarah