Sea Horse Ranch Villa & Beach Club Dinner: Cabarete, Dominican Republic

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After a long day of activities at the extreme hotel, we head to Sea Horse Ranch for a nights stay in a private villa. This will probably be the nicest place I ever stay at as long as I live. We stayed at the Villa Irina.

1PicMonkey Collage

The villa has 4 bedrooms and 4 1/2 bathrooms. I felt like I was in the bachelorette pad. The bathrooms were spa-like.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The backyard was my favorite. It had palm trees, a giant pool with a waterfall, and private patios.

2PicMonkey Collage

Every bedroom had a door that lead straight to the pool.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The formal living room was my favorite. I loved the openness and the colors.

22PicMonkey Collage

The cathedral ceiling and lighting really made this place elegant.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The hallways were basically outside. I guess that’s why they call it a villa. You save so much energy with the natural light and the natural heat and air.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This was my cozy bedroom. The mattress was so soft and all the linens were fresh!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This was my favorite room…the kitchen!

We actually had a housekeeper stock the fridge with fresh fruit, drinks, and she made us a Domincan breakfast in the morning.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After getting settled in, we headed to the pool.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The pool felt so good after that workout!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My fingers were soggy and wrinkled by the time I got out.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After swimming, I snacked on some fresh fruit. The oranges were out of this world and we all fell in love with the fresh squeezed orange juice the housekeeper made for us.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After getting cleaned up, we all headed to the beach club for dinner. The cool part about the sea horse ranch is that everything is in walking distance. It took us about fifteen minutes to walk to dinner.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The beach club had a pool overlooking the water.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The view of the ocean was gorgeous.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Us girls at the Beach club before dinner.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This was another sitting area that looked so peaceful.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Sea Horse Ranch gave you a whole new feel to the Island. It was very fancy.

#nofilter

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This was the view from our dinner table.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We made sure we got there early enough to watch the sun go down.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I didn’t even realize there was a rainbow in the sky until I uploaded this photo!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

All of us girls ordered a glass of wine.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Their menu had almost everything on it! Pizza, burgers, seafood, pasta, steak, chicken, and more!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The two coolest PR gals I know! AJ & ANNIE!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We all split the falafel and hummus as an appetizer and a couple others. The appetizers were definitely one biters, but that’s all you need with a big meal.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After all the chicken and shrimp I had, I was craving steak.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I ordered the grilled beef filet. It came with vegetables and kale salad.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The steak was so tasty. I didn’t know how to say “medium rare” and so I said “medium rojo”. The waiter laughed at me and said ok.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It came out pretty raw, but as gross as it sounds…I loved it!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We all split desserts. We ordered ice cream, tiramisu, and baklava. I liked hour light and fluffy all the desserts were. The vanilla ice cream was my favorite, you could really taste the fresh vanilla bean.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I liked the baklava too because it wasn’t drenched in honey and sugar. It was airy and light!

We had such a great time at the villa and the beach club!

Comments

• inya

You are beautiful and your pictures are on point!

Reply to inya
  • CC

Hey Taralynn, I have been visiting your blog for about five years now and the change I have made is so similiar to yours. I went from underweight and having an eating disorder to healthy and confident with my body in the same time as you did. I still struggle mentally, not with my relationship of food but with people and everything one can worry about.It’s like I lost my self-assurance with my weight, but didn’t gain it back. I was wondering if it was the same with you? <3

Reply to CC
  • Emily

I love your blog, and don’t normally comment, but I have to say that you’re an inspiration. I relate to your struggles, and love seeing how happy and wonderful you look!

Reply to Emily
  • katelyn

I must say in all the years i have followed you this is by far the happiest i have seen you, your eyes sparkle and you beam with joy!!

Reply to katelyn
  • Laura Ann

You look gorgeous!

Reply to Laura Ann
  • Erin

You had a lot of favorite rooms in this house lol, I would have too.. That house was amazing, what a wonderful trip! Did you post more about the reason/details for the trip, I don’t remember reading anything.. Looks fun! I will definitely be adding that to my list of vacation spots now.

Reply to Erin
  • Cassie

That looks like the perfect restaurant!!

Reply to Cassie
  • Michelle

I scanned people’s comments and I agree; you look so happy and healthy!! I’m so genuinely happy to see you look happy and content, so I hope you are!!!! Can you imagine the recipes you could create in that kitchen!? Oh man what I would give for that kitchen! And that steak almost looks good; I hope the taste made up for the pink ;)!

Reply to Michelle
  • Stacy @ Sweating Tulipz

The kitchen is so beautiful! I want that in my home!

Isn’t fruit on an island a gazillion times better than when you are home?

Reply to Stacy @ Sweating Tulipz
  • Des

You look so healthy, glowing, and beautiful in these pictures 🙂
    So proud of you!

Reply to Des
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

Baklava sounds amazing!! I haven’t had any since I was in Greece!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Ashley @ AllAshleyMarie

Love the pictures! And Taralynn, I just wanted to say that I really love the beautiful life that you have created for yourself. Not just because of all the awesome vacations and opportunities, but because you get to fulfill your passion for a living! I can only hope that I can do the same one day, we need more people like this in the world!

Reply to Ashley @ AllAshleyMarie
  • Alissa

Glad to see you enjoying the vacay–the place is gorgeous, and as the others said, you look really happy as well 🙂

Reply to Alissa
  • Kristin C

This is such a wonderful adventure!You look so happy and strong and beautiful! I love seeing these posts and all the awesome stuff you are getting to do.

Ps- I love that kitchen!

Reply to Kristin C
  • Mary

Hi Taralynn!
    This may have nothin to do with this post in particular, but I am wanting to tell you that since,like, forever!!

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Damn, it puts me in a good mood, everytime I read it! The design is so pretty, colorful and classy, that it just makes me happy!
    Your posts are always on point, so dont let anyone ever bring you down!
    There are so many out there fussing about every teeny tiny flaw they can find, it so stupid! And they definitely have no idea, how much work,effort and love you put into every single picture, every single detail and every single word in your posts! Because thats the feeling I get, when I read your blog. Its written careful thoughtful and delicate and its the only one that caught me. Ive been reading for years now, Ive just never commented…
    I guess thats the reason why I have to let it all out now 🙂

Anyways, I like your blog and even though I dont really know you, I like you. By the way That wasnt supposed to sound as creepy as it does 😉
    Keep on doing what you do, Taralynn!
    Keep on making people happy, making people smile and keep shining. Cause for me, reading your blog is like a treat, a little vacation from reality. And I bet I am not the only one, feeling that way.
    So keep spreading your positive vibes, its working great!

I hope you read this and I hope youre gonna have a great weekend back home from your getaway!
    Just the best,
    Mary (from Germany)

Reply to Mary
  • taylor

I have never commented on your blog before, but as I am sitting here in my cube at work reading this, I am so filled with joy that you got to experience this! it is so clear by your face and descriptions that you had a wonderful time, such a refresher to see someone so openly happy and enjoying such a beautiful place, thank you for sharing pictures…I almost felt like I was there as well 😉

Reply to taylor
  • LInda @ The Fitty

You got a housekeeper too and a huge kitchen? And check out those hallways…no doubt you like warm weather, huh? 🙂

Reply to LInda @ The Fitty
  • Linda

gorgeous

Reply to Linda
  • mikaela

Beautiful! Now I want a flet mignon 🙁

Reply to mikaela
  • Betsie

omg looks soooo gorg! 🙂 super cute. who are the girls with u? are they friends from charlotte?

Reply to Betsie
  • Kam

Gorgeous ladies.

Reply to Kam
  • Jessica

I love the kitchen at the villa! I sure wish my kitchen was that large 🙂

Reply to Jessica