Whole Grain Gluten Free Pancakes

IMG_5709

I promise this wasn’t planned. I had no idea that today was Pancake Day! I made these pancakes on Valentines Day with the pancake mix from my FitSnack box. Nick and I were planning on going out to Stacks for a Valentines Day breakfast, but we decided to play baseball with his dad and little brother instead. We had an early reservation and didn’t want to miss it.

IMG_5685

I grabbed the whole green gluten free pancake mix from the Fit Snack box and made sure I had all the extra ingredients. All I needed was milk, egg, honey and oil.

IMG_5686

I used almond milk, honey, coconut oil, and 1 egg.

IMG_5687

This mix was so easy. You just add all the ingredients into a bowl or electric mixer in no particular order.

IMG_5691

I mixed the ingredients for about five minutes. While the batter was mixing, I prepared the skillet. I greased it with olive oil and heated to medium high.

IMG_5701

Cook the pancake on the skillet for about 60 seconds on each side. Here are my pancake tips for perfect pancakes.

IMG_5703

The mix makes about eight pancakes but I made them smaller because I ended up with 14.

IMG_5705

I was surprised with how good these pancakes were. For being gluten free, they had all the pancake flavor, texture, and consistency of a traditional pancake.

IMG_5707

Nick had no idea they were healthier and gluten free until I told him. Sometimes I add protein powder to the mix, which you can do too for more protein in your pancakes. I never buy pancake mixes, but I think I’m going to start because this was much easier than making pancakes from scratch and it’s just as healthy, if not better. I don’t mean the Bisquick kind either!

IMG_5718

Click here for more Simply Taralynn Pancake recipes!

Hope you have a great Pancake Day!

Comments

• Lauren

Wow, first look at these I thought they were crumpets, they so thick! Making my mouth water just looking at them – i’m eating more healthier this year so I will have to give these ago!

Reply to Lauren
  • Cassie

My oh my, those are beautiful pancakes!

Reply to Cassie
  • Laura Hager

I usually buy pancake mix, but I’ve never tried the healthy kind. I can’t wait to try these and have tasty, healthy pancakes! Thanks for sharing!

Reply to Laura Hager
  • Steph

Looks great!! I didn’t realize there was a pancake day. One more reason to eat pancakes!! Yum.

Reply to Steph
  • Melissa @ The Green Palate Life

You take the prettiest food pictures- these look good enough to eat through the screen, haha.

I have a pancake recipe I love for a quick go-to. It’s made in a mug with oatmeal & other healthy ingredients- plus, it only takes 3 minutes! http://thegreenpalatelife.com/post/82577318639/gluten-free-healthy-3-minute-mug-pancakes

Reply to Melissa @ The Green Palate Life
  • Kim

I can’t wait for the inevitable hissyfit from TL when she discovers the parody Instagram. That’s the price of internet fame (read: infamy), darlin’… sani_elephantdance

Reply to Kim
    • Savannah

I have never commented on a blog before but the comment above from Kim cannot be ignored. I have been reading taralynn’s blog for well over a year now. It’s not only an inspiration to me but to all my friends and family that I have shared it with. She shows a real life approach to the search for health, fitness and happiness. If you don’t like her blog then don’t read it. There is no need to leave nasty comments and try to tear someone else down. Keep doing what you do taralynn! And thank you for sharing it with the rest of us!

Reply to Savannah
      • Tim

LOL Savannah, expressing your opinion is seriously violating the first amendment.
        #firstamendment #saywuttyouwant

Reply to Tim
  • Laura

Gluten free isn’t necessarily healthier.. Its higher in calories, fat for smaller amounts than normal 100% whole wheat options!

Reply to Laura
  • Alissa

The ingredient list on these looks really good, actually. Some of the gluten-free products have lots of crap in them, and are not really healthier, IMO.

And I made the hubs pancakes for V-day breakfast, too 😀

Reply to Alissa

Those look amazingly fluffy and cute!

• Sarah @ Sarah’s on the Run

hmm, these look great! i’m not much of a pancake person but they look like they’re worth testing out.

Reply to Sarah @ Sarah's on the Run
  • Kristin C

Are you gluten intollerant, or just like them better?

And I love that mug that keeps showing up in photos! Did you make it?

Reply to Kristin C
  • Sarah

Great minds think alike- I made these for vday with my boyfriend!

Sarah