Last of the Road Trip!

10693685_370628466446047_1796969768_n-2

I thought I’d better post the ride home part of the road trip before I forget and end up posting it months from now! I still have more Detroit photos to post too. Don’t let me forget!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We left Ohio at 1pm! To get to the highway, we took the gorgeous Ohio backroads.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And then…Emilee and I went into the gas station to get road trip snacks.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I couldn’t put my camera down…the clouds were Toy Story like and it was the perfect mixture of fall and summer.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

But seriously, where did the summer go?

As we drove closer to the south, it got warmer and warmer! Thank goodness.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

How gorgeous is that water?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The clouds went from clear to cloudy constantly.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The GPS took us on another backroad. I love taking the backroads!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And this is the bridge I take a picture of every time I cross it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I look forward to my candy caramel apple suckers in the fall. They’re so good and prefect for road trips.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I love driving through West Virginia. It’s one of the prettiest states in the fall.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Check out that show pumpkin!!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We made it back to Charlotte around 8pm.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

For dinner, we went to Nan & Byrons…holy cow was it good!!

Comments

• Dee

You drove through my home state of West Virginia! That made me happy. Have a great time in France!

Reply to Dee
  • Kelsie

I have followed you for a while and always admired your beautiful photography skills. What kind of camera do you have/use?

Reply to Kelsie
  • Megan

love the falls photos!! never thought of caramel apple suckers! your pics make me miss the mountains!! I went to school at AppState! It’s in Boone in the mtns of NC!

great post! quick cheery updates are the best!

Reply to Megan
  • Kristin C

Did you not make it to Asheville on your way home? I was hoping you’d get to take pictures like you wanted to!

Reply to Kristin C
  • Stephanie

I’ve been following your blog for a couple of years and have never left a comment….just wanted to say I love the frequent updates on your every day life and the photos! Thank you! Steph

Reply to Stephanie
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

That pumpkin looks ridiculous!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Steph

Those pics are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had a great time. 🙂

Reply to Steph
  • Karl

Thank god for this post. I never would have known how exciting it is to leave Ohio at 1pm!!!!!!!!! Or how great caramel apple suckers are in the fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say it with me.. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

Reply to Karl
  • Krystin

Love these photos…and I’m guilty of ALWAYS buying those caramel suckers as well. I never get sick of them!! Looks like it was a beautiful drive.

Reply to Krystin
  • Emily

I love those candy suckers too! Not many people know about them.

Reply to Emily

Hey Tara, I forgot. Have you ever posted a “Day In My Life” post recalling what you do from wake up till sleepy time? I feel like you have no work at all and you’re just having fun traveling!

• Meaghann Clope

Blogging is her job. I’m sure it takes a lot of time and effort to come up with posts and keep up with it!

Reply to Meaghann Clope