Healthy Iced Coffee Protein Shake!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I don’t have to tell you guys how much I love coffee, because it’s obvious. Today, I was allowed to have my first coffee in days! Long story short, I’ve been recovering from Pyelonephritis. I’ll be going back in Friday to have everything looked over and make sure everything is going ok! But it hasn’t been fun. I got out of the house today and enjoyed the fresh air for the first time. The fall weather has finally arrived here in North Carolina, although I’m sure it’ll be 80 degrees next week, but it’s kind of fun having sweater weather.

After my day out, I stopped at the store and picked up some essentials to make a coffee drink.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I’ve been using Lean Body for Her Whey ProteinΒ and I’m not being over-dramtic when I say “it’s the best protein powder I’ve ever used” It makes all my shakes fluffy like a milkshake and filling. You get a HUGE scoop for only 150 calories. I’ll be doing another post on it soon. I’m in love love love!

For my iced coffee milkshake, I used…1 1/2 cup of iced coffee (you can make this yourself), 1 1/2 cup of light vanilla almond milk, 1 1/2 cup of ice, 3/5 scoop of protein powder, and 1 packet of Stevia. If you like flavor in your coffee, you can use a tbsp of creamer, flavor extracts or coffee syrups. Cinnamon is good too.

Blend it all up and enjoy!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This taste so much like one of those Starbucks Frappuccinos, but so much better for you. It has protein, it’s low cab, low sugar, and less calories. It would be a perfect pre gym shake!

Comments

• Shekya

I was just thinking-I’m a little hungry, but don’t want a huge meal before my workout. I also cycled off pre-workouts a few months back and had started using black coffee for energy-IDK why it took me so long to figure this out, but I’m so glad I found your article. Gonna try this now; thanks so much!

Reply to Shekya
  • Lisa

How much is 3/5 scoop?? 2T of protein powder??? Didn’t understand that measurement. Looks yummy and want to try it.

Reply to Lisa
  • Julia

This is absolutely delicious!! I just used cookies and cream protein powder and a tsp of caramel (my guilty pleasure). So happy I found this! DELICIOUS!!

Reply to Julia
  • natalie

Crazy! I made one almost like this today but I added a touch of cinnamon!

Reply to natalie
  • Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut

Visiting from Pinterest…love the glass and how you have it set up on a scarf(?)! So cute!!

Reply to Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut
  • Jane

Omg Tara, this is a genius coffee recipe ever! (opss sorry for being so dramatic). I just got my first protein whey powder, I’m definitely going to make this. Thank you Tara, enjoy your day!

Reply to Jane
  • Jennifer

I have been using this smoothie for fiber weight loss and am down a wopping 13 pounds in 5 weeks. http://bit.ly/1q2B4lF

I will have to try this one looks yummy

Reply to Jennifer
  • Steph

You poor thing! I was hospitalised last year with the same thing. It really knocks you down. Good news is once it’s cleared up you’ll feel SOOOO much better πŸ™‚ Hope you feel better soon so you can keep the inspiration coming!

Reply to Steph
  • Sara Gail

Yum! I finally ordered some whey protein powder and I’m excited because it is supposed to come in today. I’ll have to try this πŸ™‚

Reply to Sara Gail
  • Elizabeth

Yum what a great looking shake!

xx,
    Elizabeth

Reply to Elizabeth
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

What are the ingredients to that protein blend? I love that it’s low calorie πŸ™‚

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy
  • Shelley

When I ran in college I consumed so much protein powder that I just can’t bring myself to drink it anymore; however, this looks really good! Could I sub the powder for anything else?

Reply to Shelley
  • Emily

I have that mason jar! My roomies and I painted them together! The finished products are on my Instagram. Love mason jars and smoothies πŸ˜‰

Reply to Emily
  • Cassie Hersh

I was reading your blog earlier and read you haven’t had coffee. I was thinking to myself “I haven’t had coffee either, since I have a kidney infection” just so happens you are suffering through the same thing! I feel your pain and hope it clears up for you!

Reply to Cassie Hersh
  • Amy

I’ve been making something similar each morning with Organic Protein (chocolate flavor) and it tastes just like the Starbucks Mocha frappucino. Plus a much better alternative post-workout.

Reply to Amy