This week has been flying by. I finished up my grocery shopping yesterday before the aisles go empty. We have a 100% chance of snow on Sunday, which is unheard of for South Carolina! I am so excited because I love the snow, and it’s even more special when it comes only once a year. But snowstorms down here mean the roads shut down, the grocery stores go empty, and people don’t know how to react. Being from Iowa, we used to have to drive to school in piles of snow, and roads were plowed before we even woke up. I can’t say I miss it, though! I would never trade in my December 70-degree weather for that.
Last Sunday, I made the most delicious baked jalapeño Burger wontons for dinner to go with our Caesar salad. We used to make these jalapeño burgers in the summer, so Kyle wanted to try them rolled up in a wonton. They were so good, and between the two of us, there were only a few wontons leftover! This is a great last-minute recipe idea to whip up if you have people coming over or for a Superbowl appetizer. It took about ten minutes to prepare and ten minutes to bake. We dipped ours in ketchup, but they would also be good in a cheese sauce or aioli.
I love using wontons for appetizers because the combo possibility is literally endless.
Cheesy Jalapeño Burger Baked Wontons
- 1 Lb Hamburger Meat (turkey or beef)
- 1/2 Small Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 Medium Jalapeños chopped
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese
- 24 Small Wontons
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- In a bowl, combine hamburger meat, chopped onions, chopped jalapeños, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and brown sugar together.
- Add the mixture to a pan on medium-high. Cook the meat thoroughly, and mix in the cream cheese.
- Evenly distribute the filling onto the centers of the wontons. Roll them tightly, and add them to a baking sheet. optional* I brushed the leftover grease from the pan onto the tops of the wontons to give them a golden finish
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Use ketchup or a creamy aioli for dipping sauce!
I hope you enjoy these easy cheesy appetizers! 😋
Questions for you!
- What filling flavor should I add to wontons next?
- Are you expecting snow this weekend?
This look amazing!!! I’m in the same boat as you! I’m nearby in Kernersville, we are also expecting snow but I heard we are also possibly getting ice as well. If you think the South is bad with snow, wait until you see how they react with ice!! Stay safe & warm! 🙂 Congrats on the baby!!
Hahaha, I’ve seen it! That’s when I DEFINITELY stay off the roads!
Hopefully, we just get the snow, but I’ll be staying home and watching the pups play in it!
Enjoy your weekend! xo
Ashton Jury says
These look so good! I always forget about wonton wrappers I used to make lasagna cups with them! I love anything with jalapeños so I will be making this ASAP! Enjoy your snowy weekend!
Lasagna cups?! oh my! I need to try.
Hi! I love your recipes! They are so simple and easy. If I wanted to make these as burgers without the wantons, when would you add the cream cheese? Thanks so much!
I would probably do a pepper jack cheese instead!
This looks absolutely delicious, Taralynn! I love that I have most of these ingredients already and will definitely try this out soon. 🙂
Wishing you the brightest day, friend!
Make Life Marvelous
Let me know what you think!!!