Cranberry pecan salad is one of my weekly staples. I love keeping a massive batch of it in my refrigerator to eat with salads, crackers, sandwich bread, or sometimes straight out of the container with a spoon. Chicken salad is great for taking on trips, packing it up for a picnic at the pool, or a late-night protein snack. I used to buy the Sonoma chicken salad at Whole Foods every week, but it started to get so pricy for how much of it we were eating. I decided to start making my own, and I’m so happy I did! I actually find this recipe to be a bit more flavorful and less “mayo-eeee.” Plus, Whole Foods starting putting whole grapes in theirs, and that just threw me off. Lately, we’ve been enjoying this cranberry pecan chicken salad on a fresh multigrain croissant from our local grocery store. Chicken salad on a croissant hits differently. This is a great recipe to step up your lunch game.
Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- 3 Cups Cold Shredded Chicken (easiest with rotisserie)
- 1/2 Cup Light Mayonaise
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Dillweed
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Celery
- 1/4 Cup Pecan Halves
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Coat the three cups of shredded chicken with light mayonnaise, honey, tahini, and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl.
- Season the chicken with black pepper, dill weed, sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Give it a little taste test to see if it needs any extra seasoning.
- Fold in the chopped red onion, celery, pecan halves, and dried cranberries.
- Slice a multigrain croissant (or your choice of bread) in half and top it with 3/4th cup of the cranberry pecan chicken salad and a handful of fresh arugula or spinach.
You can make the same recipe using tuna or even crushed chickpeas to make it vegan (swap the mayo for veganaise.) There are so many ways to make this recipe your own! And if you don’t like cranberries or pecans, try using chopped apples, sesame seeds, or dates. I hope you all enjoy this recipe! I can’t wait to have it all summer long.
Questions for you!
- What is your favorite way to eat chicken salad?
- Do you like summer picnics?
- Favorite meal to have by the pool/beach?
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog says
Oh yum, this looks so good! I love cranberries in my salads! ❤️✨
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
Do you like summer picnic? In response, I would say that yes I like summer picnics and chicken too. And I will definitely try your Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe.
OH! Love the idea of using cranberries and pecans. I usually use green grapes, cashews and I love adding curry powder to mine. It’s one of my favorite things to take to the beach along with tuna salad. Love all your recipes! I hope you’ll do more cook with me videos, they’re so fun! I love watching them when I’m enjoying my morning coffee.
I will definitely be doing more now that everything is back to normal here!