There’s nothing better than when your meals are already made for the week! I hate thinking about what I want for dinner, especially when I’m past the point of stomach growling. Last week, I lived off of these loaded kale salads. I started thinking about all of my favorite salad toppings and headed to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients. I also had a busy week and wanted to make my dinner plans easier.
This salad did not disappoint, and it was even better after my evening walks! I loved knowing that dinner was ready whenever I wanted it. And if you’re not a fan of salad, the tangerine dressing may change your mind on that one! This salad has Brussels, sweet potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, goat cheese, tofu, cranberries, walnuts, white beans, and kale. Not only does it have almost every important food group, but it’s also pretty seasonal.
Loaded Kale Salad with a Honey Tangerine Vinaigrette
- 1 lb fresh kale
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup white northern beans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups roasted sweet potatoes cooked in olive oil, sea salt, and pepper
- 3 cups roasted Brussels sprouts cooked in olive oil, sea salt, and pepper
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 14.5 ounces extra-firm tofu diced and air fried
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Honey Tangerine Vinaigrette
- 1 medium tangerine
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Loaded Kale Salad
- In a pan on high heat, add the walnuts and coconut oil. When the walnuts start to brown, add in the cinnamon, sea salt, and maple syrup. Continue to stir until they're fully coated. Turn off the heat and let them cool.
- In a large bowl, add in the kale, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, northern beans, hard-boiled eggs, goat cheese, walnuts, and tofu. I cooked the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts in the oven at 375-degrees for 25-minutes with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. The tofu was drained, diced, and cooked in the air-fryer at 400-degrees for 15-minutes.
- Toss the salad with a little bit of olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
Honey Tangerine Vinaigrette
- Squeeze the juice from the tangerine and add it to a mixing bowl. Mix in the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and honey. Mix in the spices and give the dressing a quick taste-test to see if it needs any more salt, pepper, garlic, or onion! It may even need more honey depending on how ripe your tangerine is.
- Pour over your bowl of salad with avocado and extra goat cheese crumbles
- If you are going to store the dressing in the refrigerator, you will need to microwave it for about 15-seconds before serving. The honey will clump in the fridge once it separates from the olive oil.
😋 Once it was time to make a salad, I added a little extra goat cheese, dressing, and avocadoes on top! 😋
Questions for you!
- What is your favorite salad topping?
- What do you meal prep in the winter?
- What are you having for dinner tonight?