Creamy Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad with Candied Walnuts
If I had to choose a vegetable to eat every day for the rest of my life, it would most likely be roasted Brussels sprouts! I can down an entire bag by myself. And if they’re fried? It’s like candy to me. Last weekend, I made a delicious creamy brussel sprout salad for Easter! It was so easy to make and the perfect side-dish. I’m excited to make this for backyard bbq’s this summer! If you’re a brussel sprout lover or need a dish to make for a party (hopefully we’ll have those soon), you’ll love this recipe!
There are a lot of ingredients I will be adding next time I make this, so feel free to add these in there as well. I didn’t have any in the house, and the grocery store trips are limited these days. If you can, add in dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and if you want to get even crazier…try adding in spiraled pasta!
I love how quick and easy this brussel sprout salad is! It’s vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Start by roasting the brussels sprouts for 30-minutes in the oven at 375. I flip them at the fifteen-minute mark! All ovens cook differently, so you may need to adjust the cooking time. You can season them with salt and pepper, or everything but the bagel seasoning.
Let the Brussels sprouts cool to room temperature before adding in the creamy sauce. I let mine sit in the fridge for a half-hour while I candied the walnuts and sliced up the onions.
Candy the walnuts by adding them to a frying pan with the vegan butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. This is going to make your house smell like Christmas! Let them cool down along with the brussels sprouts.
For the creamy mixture, combine the tahini, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and veganaise. In a large bowl, coat the brussels sprouts and onions with the creamy sauce. Next, chop up the walnuts and fold them into the brussels sprout salad. This is where I would add in the sunflower seeds and cranberries (if I had them on hand!)
This was the perfect side dish to go with our grilled chicken and roasted potatoes.
Creamy Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad With Candied Walnuts
- 5 Cups Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar or honey / agave / maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup Veganaise
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Heat oven to 375Wash the brussels sprouts and slice them into halves. Place them on a baking sheet with cooking spray and bake for 25-30 minutes. Flip halfway through. Keep in fridge to chill
- Add the vegan butter to a frying pan with the walnuts on high heat.Once the butter has melted and the walnuts are coated, bring the heat down to medium-low. Mix in the cinnamon and brown sugar. Slowly mix for 2-3 minutes. Turn heat back up to high and mix for another 30-seconds. Allow them to chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chilled brussel sprouts, chopped onion, veganaise, tahini, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and apple cider vinegar together.
- Once the brussel sprouts are coated, fold in the walnuts.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
I’m a huge fan of summer salads! I can’t wait to come up with more recipes for all the backyard barbecues this year! 😊
Questions for you!
- What is your favorite salad side-dish recipe?
- Do you have a favorite summer salad you think I’d love? Please share!
- How do you like your Brussels sprouts cooked?
more summer salads you may enjoy!