Hi, everyone & happy Halloween! Hope you’re having a great week so far. Honestly, I am so excited for tonight. My neighborhood is filled with kids, and Kyle and I are going to hand out candy together. I love how creative parent’s get with their kid’s costumes. Since trick-or-treating is hours away, I have some time to spend writing a couple blogs for the week. I also need to finish editing a couple of videos. Oh, and I almost forgot…I have to pack my suitcase as well because I’M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW! I’ll vlog & blog the trip, but you’ll have to let me know what you want to see! I want you to leave one Disney dare in the comments! I’m going to print all the “Disney Dares” and choose fifteen to complete during my trip for the videos. The dares can be something at the resort, the theme parks, and more!
Because my life has been all over the place the past few days, I’ve decided to share 31 things (in no particular order) from the past week instead of a traditional recap post. I thought this would be better than no recap at all. After this, I’m going to start packing! You can head to my Instagram story to see what I pack 😉
1. I completed a three-day reset. Monday was my last day, and I felt great when it was all over. I was super excited to have something warm though. I have been editing the video, and it’ll be live soon! Here is one of the salads from my reset. It has avocados, strawberries, mango, papaya, spinach, arugula, almond oil, and balsamic.
2. Here is the last salad of my three-day reset. It had spinach, cucumbers, almonds, avocados, almond oil, and balsamic. For my protein, I had unsweetened almond milk mixed with one scoop of vanilla plant-based protein powder. While doing this reset, I felt super full, satisfied, and never craved sugar. The reset was all mostly raw plant-based, no grains, no added sugars, healthy fats, and tons of fruits and vegetables.
3. I broke my three-day reset with this bowl of protein oats. It has one scoop of plant-based (garden of life) vanilla protein powder, almond butter, paleo-style muesli, and 1/4 cup of gluten-free oats. I used almond milk as the liquid base. It felt good to have warm food again 😊
4. I had a conditioning treatment on my hair and a cut! I’ve decided to keep growing it out while getting regular trims. I’m kind of liking the longer hair with balayage. In December, I’ll be getting more color and another cut. If you guys are looking for a good hair stylist in the Charlotte area, I highly recommend going to Savannah at Dolce Lusso Aveda salon on Park Road.
5. The day after the reset, I added chicken to my lunch salad. I enjoyed eating tons of fruits and vegetables, so I wanted to continue doing that. A couple of hours later, I didn’t feel great. I’m starting to think that my body has a hard time digesting meat. Even when I did the raw vegan week, my stomach had no pains what-so-ever. When I did the food sensitivity test, the chicken was on my high list. I’m going to make a follow-up appointment with my doctor to do some further testing. Kyle keeps pushing me to go to an actual doctor instead of the at-home tests, and he’s probably right. I think I’m scared about what he’ll tell me. Dairy, shellfish, and gluten already make me extremely uncomfortable, so it’ll just suck if the chicken or other foods I eat a lot do the same.
6. I bought the best strawberries and blueberries at Earthfare this week. They’ve NEVER tasted better! I’ve been snacking on them all week long.
7. I finally tried Banza after seeing it all over my Instagram feed for the past year! It’s definitely worth the hype. I roasted butternut squash and zucchini for my side. (Squash 40 minutes at 400 degrees & make sure to flip it on the 20-minute mark)
8. If you’ve seen this Chocolate, just know that it’s worth it. It’s pretty costly for a bar of chocolate, but worth every dime. I usually end my dinner with two squares, so it lasts a few days.
9. Protein oats and fresh fruit have been my favorite breakfast this past week.
10. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, then you’ve probably seen my Erin Condren planner. I get a new one every year to keep myself organized. This is THE BEST planner I’ve ever owned, and it’s so fun and colorful. I love that you can customize it and add all kinds of personalized details on the website. If you are looking for a gift for someone, this is a great go-to of mine. I was looking at the site today, and there is a 20% everything sale going on, which is awesome! This is where I buy all my fun papers, labels, stickers, mugs, and more! I’m the type of person that has to write things down. I can’t use a computer for a calendar, it doesn’t do it for me.
11. I started my couch shopping. I think I found one I like, but I want to keep looking! It’s such a hard decision.
12. Kyle and I went to see A Star is Born. JUST WOW! Everything about this film was incredible. It deserves all the rewards, and it lived up to the hype. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper just killed it. I want to see it again and again and again!
13. Chocolate Cheerios with almond milk and mixed berries ❤️ This is the next combo you need to try!
14. I had an eggs n’ Netflix night! I made an omelet with Kite-Hill chive cream cheese and a side of rice. We finished Bodyguard on Netflix in 24-hours. Another show you can add to your list!
15. Scallops have ALWAYS made me nauseous. I hate that because I love them so much! I read that farm raised vs. fresh can make a difference because of a bacteria found in farm-raised seafood. I decided to try freshly caught scallops to see if it made a difference. I was fine for a few hours, but then 48-hour nausea kicked in. I learned my lesson, and it looks like this is the last time I will willingly eat scallops 😞
16. I love my lazy leftover nights. One of my dinners consisted of gluten-free Applegate chicken nuggets, leftover Banza, and butternut squash.
17. For some reason, fruit is all I want lately. I stopped at Earthfare to pick up some salad ingredients after doing some serious house cleaning.
18. I tried these From The Ground Up Cauliflower cheddar crackers, and holy moly they were so good! I can’t wait to add them to my chili.
19. I picked out some new throw pillows for my bedroom, and I love them. 😍
Pink Pillow Details // Teal Pillow Details // Slippers // Twinkle Lights
20. Lily’s, one of my favorite chocolate companies sent me a fun package! I’ll be in chocolate heaven for a while, 😉But really, I’m keeping these for some Christmas recipes.
21. I made a delicious mint smoothie! It had kale, mint leaves, vanilla protein, cocoa nibs, almond milk, avocado, and that was a coconut cream heart on top!
22. Kyle finally got most of his vision back, so we spent a few hours playing tennis!
23. I tried these maple Cheerios that General Mills sent me. They won’t last long because they are so delicious! I like eating them straight out of the box. These will be perfect for a cheerio bar recipe.
24. No matter what I do, they’re always watching.
25. I had a smoothie topped with granola! The smoothie had blackberries, almond milk, protein powder, banana, and ice.
26. This plant-based mochaccino is sooooo good! I had one for dessert last night, and I’ll probably make one to enjoy while handing out candy. 😃
27. I made gluten & dairy free pizzas. I topped a raw wrap with pizza sauce, peppers, onions, sausage, Applegate turkey pepperoni, and Daiya cheese. I think the Daiya is the best vegan cheese that melts. Kyle’s mom introduced me to the raw wraps last year, and I fell in love with them. This was the first time trying it as a pizza crust, and they turned out great!
28. I had to stop at the mall to grab a few things for my trip! The Christmas tree gave me all the feels, and I had about 50+ DM’s on Instagram with people who agreed with me! 😊 You guys are my people! I picked up an almond milk cappuccino as an afternoon pick-me-up!
29. I stopped at Living Kitchen, one of my favorite vegan spots in Charlotte. (P.S. I’m going to be filming a video for “10 healthy places to eat in Charlotte” for my YouTube channel) I ordered dinner to go for Kyle and me.
30. I ordered two different entrees and mixed them up for a delicious dinner bowl. This bowl has the Caesar salad, veggie burger collard wraps, and Waldorf salad. Those are three of my favorite things on the menu! (I also like the arugula harvest salad)
I’ll be enjoying all the leftovers for dinner tonight! Here are some details as to what’s inside the entrees!
Kale Caesar has kale, green cabbage, cherry tomatoes, kale croutons, brazil nut parmesan, creamy caesar dressing.
Veggie Burger has a gluten-free quinoa-millet veggie burger, sunflower seed hummus, tomato, red onion, guacamole, sprouts, and spicy sauce!
Broccoli Waldorf Salad has: broccoli, green apple, celery, walnuts, raisins, red onion, cashew mayo, and sprouts
31. Finally, I’ve been working on the closet project. Today, I’m heading to Target to pick up the organizing drawers. I’ve gotten rid of SO MANY clothes in the past year, and I’m still minimizing. It’s a slow process!
Questions for you!
- What’s your DISNEY DARE!?
- Did you dress up for Halloween?
- Do you use a planner?