Tuttorosso: Vegetarian Huevos Rancheros

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

Not only is today Thursday and we’re one day away from the weekend, but it’s also Cinco de Mayo, which means the party starts a little early! I already know what’s in store tonight: friends, tacos and tequila! We’re all going out for dinner tonight so I’ve teamed up with Tuttorusso to create a delicious, quick Mexican themed breakfast called Huevos Rancheros.

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

Ingredients

*2 Medium Tortillas
*1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
*1/2 Cup Diced Tuttorosso Tomatoes, Drained
*1/3 Cup Shredded Taco Cheese
*1/3 Cup Refried Beans
*1/2 Avocado
*1/4 Cup Mexican Style Corn
*2 Large Eggs
*2 Tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.

Place the tortillas in a baking dish. Evenly distribute the beans on top of the tortillas and top corn.

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

Mix the the taco seasoning with the Tuttorosso tomatoes.

This is a great meat substitute. If you’d like to add meat to the recipe, you can mix in grilled chicken, steak or shrimp with the tomatoes and taco seasoning.

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

Add the tomatoes to the top of the bean and corn layers.

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

Top with taco cheese and place theΒ Huevos Rancheros in the oven.

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

While the huevos rancheros are baking, fry up the eggs.

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

Once the edges are lightly brown and the cheese is completely melted, take them out of the oven and add them to a serving plate.

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

Top the the huevos rancheros with the fried egg, avocado and Greek yogurt!

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

These hueves rancheros took about twenty minutes to make and they were out of this world delicious. They were so flavorful, cheesy and crisp! I promise that this recipe will not disappoint.

Vegetarian Huevos Racheros: Tuttorosso!

Need someΒ sides to go withΒ your huevos rancheros? Try my Tuttorosso guacamole and salsa recipe!

Questions for you!

1. What are your Cinco De Mayo Plans?
  2. What is your favorite Mexican Dish?
  3. Tequila or Coronas!?Β

Comments

• Emmy

Hey Taralynn I was just wondering what kind o camera you use to take your blog pictures?

Reply to Emmy
  • Heather @ Polyglot Jot

This looks awesome! Do people typically make huevos rancheros with meat? I’ve only ever had egg and bean style ones. I think my favorite are fish tacos or just guac and chips!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Dixie (Emily)

Thank you for incorporating more vegetarian meals into your blogposts. I know you have to eat meat because of your anemia but it’s nice to see more vegetarian meals for your followers. I find it so hard to eat vegetarian food in Southern Georgia. Your blog has a lot of great ideas for easy vegetarian options. Thank you for introducing me to those black bean burgers as they are my favorite now. I look forward to seeing more of your meals.

Love,

Dixie (Emily)

Reply to Dixie (Emily)

I’m sure it is hard down there! It’s all about finding the substitutes at the grocery stores πŸ™‚ I crave those black bean burgers all the time now!!

xo xo

• Kammy

You should do more recipes! Yours are the best.

Reply to Kammy
  • Vanessa

The recipe looks great and seems to be rather cheap as well. Being a student, I really like that πŸ™‚

For me it was not cinco de mayo yesterday, but the Dutch liberation day. Everywhere in the country there are big festivals you can attend for free. The music was amazing and I had a great time there with my friends πŸ™‚

Reply to Vanessa
  • Shannon G

Cinco De Mayo plans nothing really watching Stitchers with my one daughter and helping my other study for a big Biology final.

I live Huevos Rancheros and just plain old tacos with purple corn tortillas. All the colors of the salsa, and purple corn tortillas are so pretty.

Neither I don’t drink,

Reply to Shannon G
  • Valerie

1. Unfortunately my Cinco de Mayo plans mostly involve sitting in my Constitutional Law class and working. A couple friends and I celebrated early last night though!

2. Every time my friends and I go out to one of our favorite Mexican places, I order the California Burrito. It has rice, beans, avocado, cilantro, jalapeno, tomato and either chicken or steak. I always order it without tomatoes though. It’s big enough for at least two meals so I always have leftovers!

3. Tequila, as long as it’s in Margarita form! πŸ˜‰

Reply to Valerie

1. At least you had the chance to celebrate early! I hope your class went well.

2. That sounds like something I’d order without cilantro! Cilantro tastes like soap to me lol

3. SAME!

• Tara

These sound yummy! I love anything Mexican! I also love Cinco De Mayo! I would definitely say tequila…in a margarita!! Have fun celebrating!

Reply to Tara
  • Zully Hernandez

Yum! The yogurt is a bit I use all the time now – I don’t even buy sour cream anymore. My mother in law loves huevos rancheros so I’ll have to serve these up for her!

Reply to Zully Hernandez
  • shanna

yum! pinning this!

1. tacos at a jr. livestock show. should be interesting!

2. I basically love everything Mexican. My bff is of Mexican/Spanish/latino/Puerto Rican decent so I get exposed to lots of different styles and varieties of authentic dishes.

3. I had a bad experience with jose cuervo once so I take my tequila very lightly. so bring on the cervesas!

Reply to shanna

Thank you!

That WILL be interesting and I cannot wait to hear about it!

Wow I bet you get all tons of yummy food!!!

lol I think tequila is a hit or miss because of that reason!

• Brooklyn

Happy Cinco De Mayo!
    Mexican food is by far one of my favourites (but I could never betray Italian food) And these look delicious.

My favourite Mexican food would have to be tacos, but I hardly eat them. I think I need to change that!

I love reading your posts with Tuttorosso recipes. I haven’t seen this brand in Canada, but the tomatoes look delicious πŸ™‚

Oh and to answer your last question, always Tequila πŸ˜‰

Reply to Brooklyn

Hey B!

That is exactly how I feel! I do love my Italian food πŸ™‚ I love making tacos wrapped in lettuce! I need to make those this weekend.

Thank you thank you! I love the Tuttorosso brand!

& tequila for the win!

• Kate

These look great! I can’t wait for some tequila tonight! πŸ™‚

Reply to Kate

I love how everything is make your own! I had a make your own pizza day with a few friends a month away from now πŸ™‚

• Anna @ Anna Can Do It!

Wow, now it’s a serious taco! I love you substitute meat with tomatoes; I’d add some mushrooms and shrimp, but your tacos look so filling! Also I never seen egg on taco, but I kinda like the idea! Great recipe! – Love, Anna

Reply to Anna @ Anna Can Do It!
  • Nico

A tip for veggie folks like me: use black beans instead of refried, as many refried beans are not vegetarian-friendly. Looks good!

By the way, huevos means eggs. The recipe name translates to “ranch eggs” or “ranch-style eggs.” Technically you’re just putting the tortilla in the oven. πŸ™‚ Very creative to do that! Most Mexican places just serve it on the side.

Reply to Nico
  • Carly

This recipe looks delicious! I can’t wait to try it!

I tried your last Tuttorosso recipes for salsa and guacamole and they were DELICIOUS! A+!! My husband is a self proclaimed salsa connoisseur and he said it was one of the best salsa’s he’s ever had! So thank you for my new go to salsa recipe!! πŸ™‚

Reply to Carly
  • Jessie @ The Acquired Sass

Yum! Honestly, I would probably make these for dinner, not breakfast. The egg would still add some protein, but I love that they could be in the oven while I’m doing something else, packing up my lunch for the next day, or wiping down the counters, etc. I try to multi-task if I have food that can’t be prepped ahead of time, ’cause once I’m hungry, waiting around for dinner to cook is the worst.

I posted about my travels to Venice today on my blog, I would love if you would check it out…& maybe even give me some feedback. πŸ™‚

Reply to Jessie @ The Acquired Sass

I think theyre perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! I need to get a dose of your ball of energy! You’re always doing something πŸ™‚ I love that! I will definitely head over to your blog!! xo xo