PREP TIME:22 minutes
- 1 Package Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Almonds (or almond flour)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 1 Package Phyllo Dough
- Gather Ingredients
- Cook spinach with olive oil on high heat until the leaves are wilted.
- Add spinach to a large mixing bowl with Feta, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and eggs.
- Blend or process almonds to make a flour.
- Add almond flour to bowl.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Add the sheets of phyllo dough to a casserole pan. Coat the layers with melted butter and about 1/2 cup of filling. Repeat 5-6 times.
- Bake Spanakopita in the oven on 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the phyllo dough is golden and crisp.
- Let the Spanakopita cool for about twenty minutes before slicing.
- Use a spatula to serve and slice pieces.