3 Ingredient Salad Dressing

IMG_7553

I haven’t bought salad dressing in over six months. Store bought dressing doesn’t taste as fresh, flavorful and healthy as the homemade stuff. The shelf dressing is filled with preservatives and salts. Making it at home is much cheaper and allows you to customize it to your own tastebuds. I love using lemon, flavored balsamic, and different oils to create different flavors. Always try to make a homemade dressing that’ll go well with what’s in your salad. If there are a lot of fruits, I tend to go with lemon, poppyseed, strawberry balsamic, olive oil and poppy seeds.

IMG_7546

My salad yesterday had roma tomatoes, avocados, and italian blend lettuce and so I used an organic all purpose seasoning, parmesan cheese, and light olive oil! It was the perfect combo for a basic salad! I didn’t measure it, so start light and then add more parmesan or seasoning depending on your preference.

Adding grilled chicken, steak, or shrimp would be an awesome addition to this salad! This dressing would also be a fantastic marinade.

Comments

• Ashton Jury

I love making my own salad dressings. The first time I ever went to France I was in love with all the different vinaigrette’s they had on the salads and how simple they were! I used to be all about ranch, and I think I hardly touch it now unless I’m enjoying some buffalo wings! I have to say making my own does save money, and since I started the Whole 30 I’m shocked by the amount of sugar I find in store bought ones and just the other random junk they add to them. Keep up the good work!

Reply to Ashton Jury
  • Kate

I live in Oxford, MS, and we have a new store here called J. Olive, an oil and vinegar specialty shop. They have all sorts of flavors and you can create your own right there in the store or buy a few bottles to take home and mix yourself. I only buy my olive oils and vinegars from specialty shops like that now instead of a grocery store. You would love this place!

Reply to Kate
  • Christina B

This looks so good and so simple to make! Do you use real shreaded parmesean cheese or the powdered kind that comes in a container?

Reply to Christina B
  • jenn

One of my favorite dressings is the one my aunt makes. Although her secret ingredient is MSG mixed with oil, vinegar and black pepper. Don’t eat it that often since she lives far away though.

Reply to jenn
  • Kelsey Meshias

I’m just like you when it comes to store-bought dressing, it’s so icky. The all purpose spice is a great idea.

Reply to Kelsey Meshias
  • Kams

Yummy, I must make this! I’m not a fan of store bought either.

Reply to Kams
  • Liz

Check out Temecula Olive Oil Company. I absolutely LOVE their olive oils and vinegars. My favorites are the D’Luscious Lemon Olive Oil and California Balsamic Bianco with Honey. YUM!

Reply to Liz
  • Cassie

I love using pepper jack jelly, lemon juice and Sriracha! Never fails!

Reply to Cassie
  • Lean

What kind of olive oil do you use?

Reply to Lean

I love simple recipes. Thanks, Tara.