Steak & Veggie Stir Fry

IMG_6931

I haven’t made a stir fry in a long time. I don’t know why because it’s one of the easiest things to make. It’s filling and a great way to fit in your vegetables. Now that the farmer’s markets are opening, I like to cook more vegetable rich foods. There is a market down the road from me that I stopped at on the way home yesterday. I picked up pineapple, strawberries, sweet potato, onions, bell peppers, and squash. I also picked up farm fresh meats from them.

When I got home, I poured a glass of wine and started to cook. This recipe is very flexible. You can use any vegetables and just about any protein source. If you don’t like steak, you can use fish, chicken, pork, or tofu.

IMG_6932

Ingredients:ย *1/4 cup olive oil, *1/2 bag of baby carrots, sliced in half*2 cups broccoli, *1 small sweet onion, sliced *2 sliced bell peppers, *1 diced yellow squash, ย and *two cups diced steak, *1 teaspoon onion powder, *1 teaspoon garlic salt, *1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce, *2 tablespoons brown sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. *If you need the meal to be gluten free, use a gluten free soy sauce.

In a frying pan on high, add the olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add the vegetables. Cook for 15 minutes and then add the steak. Add the garlic salt, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to medium high, cover, and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Continue to stir.

Serve with rice!

Comments

• Kerri McGrail

Looks amazing! I always do chicken or shrimp stir fry so I’ll have to mix it up with steak sometime! I buy bags of frozen stir fry veggies from costco for when I’m feeling lazy and don’t want to chop veggies, but I prefer the fresh kind too. I love reading your blog btw ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Kerri McGrail
  • McKinsey

I’ve been following you for a very long time! Since the green dress days. Love your recipes, but I felt the need to comment today because you are such a wonderful person to respond with so much respect to those horrible comments! Big fan here in ohio

Reply to McKinsey

Thank you McKinsey!

I’ve been to Ohio tons of times. My brother used to work in Dayton, he’s now in DC! But, I have family in Columbus!

xoxo

• Laura

Been reading your blog for a while now and I love all your posts! You’re doing such an awesome job.
    Now I have a kind of random inquiry… I notice you’ve recently found a new place to live and I’m in the process of apartment hunting or maybe looking for a house to rent! I was wondering if you have any suggestions for renting. Or did you buy? Would love any advice from someone my age who seems to have it together! Thanks girl

Reply to Laura
  • Megan

Taralynn,
    Reading that comment Kim made about you makes me so upset. I hope that is a joke, I could never imagine someone calling someone all those names. Being Catholic myself, I will pray for her. I wanted to let you know though, how much I appreciate your blog. I read it everyday, and you have inspired me in more ways that you can imagine. If I never came across your blog I never would have started living the healthy life that I have been living. This is YOUR blog, nothing is vain about it ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Megan
  • kelly

Two things I’d like to say…
    1. Your stir fry looks great!
    2. I am very impressed by the way you handle nasty people. You truly are a woman of God. That Kim person was waaaaaay out of line for saying that. It didn’t even make sense. It shocks me how rude people can be for no reason.

Sometimes I wonder if people make stuff up and say random mean things just to create drama. Because honestly that comment was so random and horrible. If that’s the case, they must live a sad and boring life.

Reply to kelly
  • Briana P

Silly question, but do you use fresh or frozen broccoli? And I have to tell you that I have been following your blog, and it has inspired me to live a healthier life! Thank you!

Reply to Briana P
  • Kristin C

I love a good ol’ stirfry ๐Ÿ™‚ And steak is always the best in them.
    It looks delicious and thank you so much for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚
    Continue to focus on God and not negative people. ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Kristin C
  • Sarah

Hey Tara ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m so proud of how you handle the people who insist on being negative and hateful. It’s very mature and shows who you truly are as a person!

As for the stir fry, looks incredibly delicious! Do you use a wok?

Reply to Sarah
  • Cassie

Stir-fries are the best! My favorites include peanut sauce, sesame seeds or coconut oil! Delicious!

Reply to Cassie
  • Brit

I love all of your blog posts taralynn and ignore those disgusting haters who wish they could be you!

Reply to Brit
  • Kams

This looks delicious! We also love to add baby corn, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots. Yum!

And I would like to say one more thing… if this person is indeed a teacher, she really needs to be a little more careful of what she posts. If reported, she would more than likely lose her job. It’s not hard to find a person’s IP address.

Reply to Kams
  • Elizabeth

This is kindof a silly question, but you buy the steak raw, right? And then cut it on a cutting board? I’m so bad at cooking meat ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks!!!

Reply to Elizabeth
  • Melanie

I’ve never made stir fry before, it does look super easy to make! Sweet potatoes have been one of my favorite foods lately! I have one for dinner practically every night ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Melanie

I question whether its a good idea to be cooking with olive oil..I’m weary of the free radicals, but hey if you enjoy it, then by all means!

• Kim

I literally fucking canโ€™t with this fucking selfish vain piece of shit anymore. She is fucking despicable TARALYNN IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. Honestly if you hate yourselfโ€”I donโ€™t blame you.

Not because youโ€™re โ€œfatโ€ (which you are not but what the fuck ever what you look like doesnโ€™t mean anything) you canโ€™t love yourself because youโ€™re so selfish and conceited andt you care more about your own vanity.

So FUCK you. Fuck you fucking big time. Youโ€™re a fucking cunt. I donโ€™t feel bad about any of the fucking shit Iโ€™ve said. your privileged fucknig spoiled piece of shit ass.

If you want to stop hating yourself than stopping being someone worth hating.

Reply to Kim
    • Alyssa

It’s so disturbing that you feel the need to come on her blog and talk to her like this. Whether you personally know her or not. I have people I can’t stand, and I’m not going to go out of my way to go on their webpages to make them look bad, or to insult them/make them feel bad. Maybe re-evaluate why you feel like you need to hide behind the internet and bother her…

Reply to Alyssa
    • Kristin C

Good grief, Kim. Is “fuck” the only word you ever learned. If you have a problem with Taralynn, then stop reading her blog. I agree with her. Your anger is cultivating a hard heart and you have to break free from it. I will be praying as well. I am sorry you are so angry and I hope that gets better.

Reply to Kristin C
    • Kams

It sounds like maybe you should start working on your own issues and stop coming here if you hate it so much. Anyone that spews this much hate has some serious issues or else they wouldn’t feel the need to run someone down like this.

Reply to Kams

From what I’ve read in other comments of yours, you’re a teacher and I feel very sorry for your class if you talk to them this way. Only God can judge me and your words mean absolutely nothing. I will pray that you seek help for the amount hatred in your heart. Satan seems to be winning you over lately with all your comments.

Praying for our soul,

Taralynn

• katelyn

You go girl!1 God is our judge of character . You work very hard for what you do ..Keep it up we love you

Reply to katelyn
      • Angela Medina

Kudos to you, Taralynn for your mature response. Never stoop to someone’s level; especially one filled with such hatred. Keep on being the awesome you that you are and forget the negative Nancy’s of the world! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Angela Medina
      • guest

how on earth do you know she’s a teacher? her comment doesn’t state her profession anywhere and neither does the comment boxes as for a profession when replying to your blog.

Reply to guest
      • Katie

I’m trying to figure out how steak stir fry is self-loathing or vain… I say rock on, Taralynn. Keep on keeping on. She needs to do some yoga and praying to calm the heck down.

Reply to Katie
  • Anna

*dries, not dried. Gosh autocorrect is killing me lately! Sorry

Reply to Anna
  • Anna

This is perfect! I needed a supper idea for tonight ๐Ÿ™‚ How do you cook your steak? Mine always dried out.

Reply to Anna