Garlic Parmesan Golden Potatoes & Broccoli

IMG_5249

I have had such a fun weekend and that’s why my blog was post-less. Nick, Mc, Ben, and I went down to Southport, NC for the day. I took great photos, stuck to my healthy eating, and will blog all of that tomorrow. On Friday night, I skipped the normal routine of going out to dinner. Nick and I replaced a date night with home cooking and working out. I made garlic parmesan roasted potatoes with broccoli, soup and salad for myself, and through some buffalo chicken in the oven for Nick. After dinner, we headed to the gym and played basketball for a couple of hours.

IMG_5234

I love golden potatoes because they are quick to cook, soft, and easier to cut.

I boiled the potatoes for about ten minutes in water and sea salt.

IMG_5235

While the potatoes were boiling, I made a side salad and heated up some Amy’s organic light in sodium chunky tomato soup. The salad had olive oil and Trader Joe’s grated Parmesan cheese.

IMG_5236

I heated a frying pan with 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 cup chicken broth on medium heat.

IMG_5237

After boiling the potatoes, run them under cold water, remove and cut them up. Add them to the frying pan and turn the heat to high.

IMG_5241

Add 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon minced onion, black pepper, sea salt, italian seasoning, and fresh chives.

IMG_5244

Fry until the potatoes start to turn golden brown.

IMG_5246

Mix in 3 cups of cooked broccoli and 1/2 cup of Trader Joe’s grated parmesan cheese.

IMG_5248

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

IMG_5253

Transfer broccoli and potatoes to a baking dish.

IMG_5255

Bake in the oven for 10 minutes!

I promise you’ll love this dish and I am going to make this again paired with grilled chicken. You can use any kind of potatoes want. You could even add some chicken in this dish. Enjoy!

Comments

• Vickie G

This is perfect. Thanks.

Reply to Vickie G
  • Leisha

This recipe was delicious! I served it with baked chicken wings and strips. Even my picky husband loved it!

Reply to Leisha
  • taylor

My new favorite recipe of yours! πŸ˜€

Reply to taylor
  • cindell

Thanks for the dinner idea. I made this for my kiddos last night.

Reply to cindell
  • clarisa

I made this for my kids last night (vegetable haters) and they loved it. Thank you for the recipe and I look forward to trying more.

Reply to clarisa
  • Krystin Dawn

What a yummy looking recipe…can’t wait to give this a try! You should do a post on how you and Nick met….cause y’all are so cute πŸ˜€

Reply to Krystin Dawn
  • Abbie

How many pounds of potatoes did you use?! Looks yummy(:

Reply to Abbie
  • Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me

When I was in the worst of my eating disorder, olive oil was one of my biggest fears. So irrational, am I right? I am SO grateful to be past that horrible time in my life, and I wish I had a kitchen in my dorm to make such a delicious recipe. Thanks T for sharing.

Reply to Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

This looks delicious!! I love broccoli with garlic!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Kristin C

Great looking recipe!I love “pan-fried” potatoes. They are so perfect!’My favorite recipe for potatoes though, is your brown-sugar and garlic potatoes. They were awesome!

Reply to Kristin C
  • Taryn

Could you use cauliflower instead of broccoli?

Reply to Taryn
  • Connie

My mouth is super watery right now.

Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

Reply to Connie
  • Katherine Sanford

Hi Taralynn!
    I have been reading your blog and following your posts for a year now! I felt the need to comment to let you know what an inspiration you are to me and how much I love reading your blogs. πŸ™‚

I really can’t stand reading some comments from readers at the end of your posts who are clearly trying to insult the post….point and case in this post whoever wrote about why you felt the need to cook a potato 3 different ways for a clean eating diet…..as you have said in many posts before your version of clean eating may be different from others. I really hope closed minded people who post ignorant posts such as that do not ever discourage you from continuing to blog and share your life on the internet because you are an awesome person and I know lots of girls like me look forward to seeing your posts on a daily basis!

Reply to Katherine Sanford
  • SippySue

Tara, what is benefit of cooking potato 3 ways? Potato become healthier that way?

Reply to SippySue

Potatoes lose a lot of their moisture when they are cooked too long in the oven and so I boiled them for half of the process to keep the moisture. When I fry them, the seasoning crisps up with the olive oil like an outer crust, and then I finish up the cooking process in the oven.

• Linda @ TheFitty

A couple who workouts together and eats together, stays together. πŸ˜‰ I hope I find my own Nick in my life.

Reply to Linda @ TheFitty
  • Dana

I missed your posts!! But glad that you enjoyed your weekend πŸ™‚
    Looks delicious and need to give it a try!

Reply to Dana
  • Katherine

Great recipe! Thanks for the share. Have you read the memoir ‘It Was Me All Along” by Andie Mitchell? I just finished it and it was very inspirational. Grateful to have bloggers like you and her that keep me (and many others) motivated everyday. Blessings!

Reply to Katherine