Morning Walk on Folly Beach

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It was 72 degrees yesterday in Charleston. That kind of weather called for a beach day! My mom, nick, Grumps, and I hopped in my car and drove to Folly for a little morning exercise.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I was surprised at the lack of people taking advantage of the weather. It almost felt like a private beach, and I had no trouble finding parking which is extremely rare at Folly.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The beach is one of Grumples favorite places. He hadn’t been to the beach since last summer in Florida.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I’m jealous of my mom. If I lived in Folly I’d run the beach everyday. It’s so much better on your knees too.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Grumples is like real life Falcor from the Never Ending Story.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I ran him all the way down the shore…well he ran me.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

At first, he was a little hesitant to jump into the cold water. He would run away from the waves as they glided up to the shore.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Once I jumped in with him, he couldn’t get enough of the water.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAย OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Shake it off!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAย ย OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My shoes had a nice time at the beach too.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I love the surf vibe in Folly. It reminds me of living Hawaii.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After the beach, we headed back. I took the long route so I could show Nick and my mom Rainbow row.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAย OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

When we got back, we tossed Grumples in the doggy bath to get the sand off his paws. I took advantage of the bath too and rinsed all of my shoes off. Now…my car is next. It’s a sandy disaster!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Today, we are going golfing and tomorrow we are visiting some plantations!

Comments

• cammy

amazing photography

Reply to cammy
  • j

i love your outfite and shoes! can you give us links to your shirt, tights and shoes? thanks!

Reply to j
  • Amanda

Love folly beach! I’m from Wisconsin and vacationed there last summer just beautiful! You must try the lost dog cafe for breakfast it’s amazing!

Reply to Amanda
  • Tara

Ahh! We PCS’d from Charleston in August, and I miss it every single day! Virginia just isn’t the same. Loved going to Folly, but Sullivan’s Island was my favorite. We can’t wait to go back.

I wish my pup liked the beach and the ocean much as yours does. He won’t even walk through puddles.

Also, your leggings are fab <3

Reply to Tara
  • Erica

Looks like the part of Folly Beach you took these photos by the boardwalk are next to the Tides Hotel! We stayed there a few months back in summer and we visited some of the shops your took pictures of ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Erica
  • Amanda

๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Amanda
  • Cami

What a lucky puppy! And lucky you for having such beautiful weather- it looks like you had a great day with your family ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Cami
  • Staci

What camera do you use? Your pictures are beautiful!

Reply to Staci
  • Alissa

I have to check out Folly next time we are in Charleston! We’ve always gone to IOP since we usually stay in Mt. Pleasant, and it’s just across the bridge.

A very belated happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones. Taralynn…now that I’m home in ATL, I’m headed out to enjoy our 70 degree day here, too ๐Ÿ˜‰

Reply to Alissa
  • Natasha

Looks so relaxing! It’s been in the late 70s here lately, but now it’s pouring. Good ol’ California!

Reply to Natasha
  • Jennifer

He is adorable and that beach looks amazing! What breed of dog is he?

Reply to Jennifer
  • Wonni

This dog!!! He is so adorable! โ™ฅ
    Looks like you enjoyed every minute at the beach.

Reply to Wonni
  • Jay A

Abbie: The sand gives when you walk/run on it so it causes very little impact on the joints. Also, while you are walking/running your feet sink a little in the sand & it takes more of an effort to walk/run so you get a workout.

Reply to Jay A
  • Ashley @ AllAshleyMarie

So jealous. Winter has been here in Southeastern Michigan for about a month now!

Reply to Ashley @ AllAshleyMarie
  • Amber

That sounds like so much fun! You’re one blessed girl[:

Reply to Amber
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

I love Folly beach! so beautiful!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Abbie

Quick question, why is running on the beach better for knees? I live right at the beach and if i knew this sooner id be taking more advantage of the beach esp because my knees dont always love me for my running!! Thanks (:

Reply to Abbie
    • Kristin C

Its better on your knees because it is less impact (the sand is softer than asphalt or concrete). However, if the beach is slanted at all, its worse on the hips….so if you have a hip injury like I do, walking/running on the beach can actually be very painful (which stinks because I LOVE walking on the beach).

Reply to Kristin C
  • Linda @ TheFitty

Nice beach, do you think you’ll start dressing. up grumples for the winter?

Reply to Linda @ TheFitty
  • Kristin C

Aaaaaahhhh. I’m jealous. I grew up at the beach (Ocean Isle Beach, NC) and everything about this post reminds me of home. I cannot wait to go back for Christmas. Its my husband and I’s first Christmas together ๐Ÿ™‚
    The locals usually don’t take advantage of the beach, which is sad. I didn’t go nearly as much as I should have. Now when I go home, I take the dogs to the beach and they LOVE it. Its their favorite place, I’m pretty sure. Living in the mountains is awesome, but I definitely miss the beach.

Ps- your leggings are AWESOME!

Reply to Kristin C

i bet you miss it and it’ll be extra special this year since you get to spend it with your husband. The good thing about the locals not taking advantage of it is that it’s not as crowded! Are you living in the NC mountains now?