Sweet Potato Veggie Pimento Cheese Burrito W/Apple Chicken Sausage & Eggs.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I love making breakfast burritos and the fact that you can add whatever you want, roll it up, and it’ll taste pretty much awesome! If you’re on the go, you can wrap them up in tin foil and take it with you. Plus, you can use your dinner leftovers in them. They’re just fun to make and by switching them up, you’ll never get sick of them. They’re good for dinner as well.

Ingredients: *1 Medium Sweet Potato Peeled & Diced, *1/2 Medium Onion, Chopped, *1 Green Bell Pepper, Diced, *4 Roma Tomatoes, *Diced, 3 *Tablespoons Pimento Cheese, *3 Applegate Chicken Apple Sausage Links, *3 Eggs, *Almond Milk, *Garlic Powder, *Garlic & Herb Seasoning, *Low Carb Wrap.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

-Saute the peppers and onions with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.

-After the onions and peppers are sautéed, add in the sweet potatoes and chopped tomatoes.

-Add 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

-Scramble 3 eggs and 4 tablespoons of almond milk together.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

-Place tortilla on a greased skillet and spread pimento cheese on the bottom. Let the tortilla harden and the cheese melt.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

-When the tortilla is brown and crisp, add 3/4 cup of the sautéed veggies and potatoes onto the wrap.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

-Add 1/2 cup of eggs and 2 crumbled Applegate chicken apple sausage links.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

-You can add cheese or sauces on top before wrapping it up if you want.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

-Carefully roll the burrito up and cut in half!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Comments

• Brit

I made this for the hubby and he loved it. Thank you for helping me win his heart over!

Reply to Brit
  • Ulsa

YUM!!

Reply to Ulsa
  • Eve

Why didn’t this ever occur to me? Sweet potatoes? I buy French fry frozen sweet potatoes which would be perfect for this. Yes I know fresh is better but not faster. : ). I’ll bet you could use butternut squash or zuchinni strips baked ahead of time and used in this. Any veggie really that you like can be cut into strips and baked in olive oil in oven. We love turnips and rutabaga cooked like French fries but they may be a bit strong for this. Thanks.

Reply to Eve
  • Sara Gail

I’m dying to try those! I love sweet potatoes and that doesn’t look too terribly difficult to make.

Reply to Sara Gail
  • Shelley

Holy crap this looks good! I love sweet potatoes in mexican dishes!

Reply to Shelley
  • Julianna

this looks so good! thanks for sharing!

Reply to Julianna
  • Dulcie @ Foodie Fiasco

These hearty breakfast burritos look ideal for a chilly fall morning! Mmm…I’m getting hungry just looking at them.

Reply to Dulcie @ Foodie Fiasco
  • Amanda

I want to know how they don’t fall apart that full?! I’m a failure at that. Even when I try to not make them so full, I can’t get them rolled up tight!

Reply to Amanda
  • Jen

Never thought of making these… Excellent idea for breakfast or dinner!

Reply to Jen
  • Katie

Have you ever tried making a bunch and freezing them? I always see recipes for breakfast sandwiches/wraps that are frozen and microwaved, but I’ve always been a little iffy about microwaving eggs….

Reply to Katie
  • Nica

Hey Taralynn! Your receipes are absolutel awesome. Can’t wait to try this. I think i’ll do it this evening for dinner. 🙂

Looking already forward to your upcoming receipes!

Nica

Reply to Nica
  • Linda @ the Fitty

Yooooommyyyy!

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty
  • Audrina @ Mindfully Audrina

I usually only want sweet breakfast foods, but lately I’ve been craving some savoury, warm foods! Can’t wait to try this 🙂

Reply to Audrina @ Mindfully Audrina