Let’s Catch Up: Getting Moved In

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I can’t wait for this to all be over with. I am so overwhelmed with all of the moving, unpacking, throwing things out, buying new things, and putting everything into place. I just want to sit down and relax. I can’t until the new couches get here. It’ll all be back to normal soon. Grumples sure does love the new view.

10566287_722351464478099_1046979831_n

My T.V. and cable won’t be installed until Sunday or Monday, so I’ve been making my way down the street to Starbucks for an afternoon pick me up and to catch up on work.

10551765_722351441144768_131326804_nYesterday, my brother called me while I was working. It was so nice to talk to him. I’ve been pretty sad about him heading out for so long, but I know he’ll be back before I know it! I’m already planning his care packages.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
After getting my work done, I went back and had a salad at my place before my parents arrived.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
My salad had argula, blueberries, craisins, strawberries, chicken, peanuts, and vinaigrette.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I chased it down with Trader Joe’s green juice. It’s the best!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After my parents arrived, we unloaded the truck. It took about three hours. We had to drag everything up 3 stories and we were drenched in sweat. Talk about a workout! Of course, we ordered pizza and picked up beer to make up for it.

10552026_722351351144777_603509590_n

We all passed out around midnight. In the morning, we were ready to finish the rest of the loading and get everything in the apartment. I forgot how much stuff I had. That happens when you move around so much while everything is in a storage unit. I am going to be dropping so much stuff off at Goodwill.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After more loading, I had a quick breakfast! Peanut butter toast:)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I have a lot to put away still, but it feels great to have everything in one place. I’m starting to officially feel “settled.”

10567391_722351307811448_1358872441_n

As I was going through the boxes, I found this photo of my brother and I. It’ll be going into a frame 🙂

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

For lunch today, I made a quick salad! It was super easy and consisted of: strawberries, everything pretzels, chicken, raspberry vinaigrette, and argula. I am on an argula kick, so beware!

10551872_722351301144782_1563180318_n

I left the parents by the pool and took off to Starbucks this afternoon to get more work done! Hopefully the place will be put together tomorrow:)

Comments

• Nicole

I love your dining room table!!! I can’t believe you made it with your dad. Congrats and good luck

Reply to Nicole
  • Katie

You should check out Mert’s for delicious soul food. The cornbread is wonderful! Yum!!! My husband thinks we have to eat there every time we visit Charlotte.

Reply to Katie
  • Melissa Hunka

I love your kitchen table! Where is it from?

Reply to Melissa Hunka
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

Your house looks ideal! Especially the kitchen. Please come to toronto so we can hang out one day?

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy
  • Gabby

Hey taralynn, long time no talk! But congrats on your new place, and so happy to finally see choose a place to settle down at. We should all catch up sometime. Maybe if I end up going to the south someday we could catch up or if you visit la any time soon.
    Much love, gabby p 🙂

Reply to Gabby
  • Ariel

I love your new place! Very cute 🙂 Also you and your brother are so cute in that picture.

Reply to Ariel
  • Kayla

Totally jelly of your Starbucks trips. It’s probably the thing I miss most about pre-baby life. I could stop anytime and just have me time. I love your table and bench… so me! Pizza and beer after moving is the only option.

Reply to Kayla
  • Livi

Your apartment is so adorable!

Reply to Livi
  • AJ

Hey Taralynn. I have wanted to ask this for awhile…where did you get your cute, colorful coffee mugs and stand? I LOVE them! And what a space saver!

Reply to AJ
  • Kristen

Your apartment looks really beautiful and you have great taste in decor! (Maybe ANOTHER thing to add to your blog 😉 I know I don’t really “know” you but I’m excited for you! Looks like a wonderful new start for you 😀

Reply to Kristen
  • Ginger

I am so happy for you gal! I know moving can be pretty scary but you’re going to absolutely love Charlotte. I’ve been living here since high school, but next month I’m moving to Dallas ALONE. I’m every bit of excited and nervous. I’m praying that there are as many fun things to do there as there are here in Charlotte. You have to check out the Whitewater Center (on Thursdays they have a live band). Good luck with everything. You will persevere!

Reply to Ginger
  • Cindy

What a cool patio for Grumpes! Do you have one of those Potty Patches just in case he has to go in the middle of the night? Then you don’t have take him down 3 flights of stairs. 🙂

Reply to Cindy
  • Anna Can Do It!

Hi Taralynn!

Your new home looks great! Don’t worry, after you finish moving in, every tiring minute will worth it! 🙂 Really glad to see you’re happy and settled now! 🙂

-Love, Anna

Reply to Anna Can Do It!
  • Amanda @ Running By Day

Yay someone else that puts pretzels on their salads! It’s my favorite crunchy topping 🙂

Reply to Amanda @ Running By Day
  • cait @pieceofcait

i love your table!!! where is it from! 🙂

Reply to cait @pieceofcait
  • Kit-Kat

Your kitchen is so eye-catchingly beautiful! I’m so happy for you, and that you’re finally getting comfortably moved into your new place! 🙂
    I too am on an arugula kick… I’m puting it in a lot of my main and side dishes. I love topping it with Trader Joe’s Marinara sauce… It’s simple and delicious!

Reply to Kit-Kat
  • Shana

Love the new kitchen! So cute yet classy looking

Reply to Shana
  • Jamie @ ThatDoctorGirl

That salad looks so good!! I’m def making and strawberry arugula salad with pretzels on too soon!! What a fun way to add some salty crunch!

Reply to Jamie @ ThatDoctorGirl
  • Melanie

Your apartment looks great so far! I can’t wait to have my own place. It will be fun to decorate!! I’m glad you are starting to feel settled. I hope the rest of the move goes well!

Reply to Melanie
  • Hannah

Oh my God your apartment looks so nice. Enjoy!

Reply to Hannah
  • Lindsey

I love your kitchen! I can’t wait to see what recipes you come up with in there! I’m glad you’re feeling settled. Sometimes you just have to step away from all the craziness and create your own stability. Your strength and independence are inspiring 🙂

Reply to Lindsey