Saturday Morning in Charleston!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Although we had maybe two hours of sleep, we got up early to explore Charleston.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I tried to make myself as presentable as possible.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Our first mission was to find a breakfast cafe.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We walked towards the market and found Sweetwater cafe!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

First things first, coffee.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We requested the window seat so we could people watch! 🙂

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Everything on the Menu looked fantastic!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I ordered the garden omelet with fresh fruit and wheat toast. I tried to keep it healthy since I knew we were going out tonight for dinner and drinks. You can still maintain a healthy weight and drink. You just have to dodge the obstacles like syrups, the drunk greasy drive thru and eat healthier through out the day.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Samantha ordered a salad that looked delicious. It had salsa, shrimp, cheese, romaine and tomatoes!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Sealy ordered a scrumptious stack of banana pancakes  and cheesy grits. It was my first time trying cheesy grits and it tasted just like cheesy potatoes. I loved them!  We kind of flopped our plates around trying each others meals.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I loved seeing all the horses on the street!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We shopped down King Street after breakfast.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We ran into Obey Giant doing work! (read more about the artist here)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So I’ve decided this is my favorite of all the places I’ve been.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We walked and shopped and shopped!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I added a new addition to the bracelet fam:)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After King Street, we headed over to the farmers market and did more exploring! I’ll work on posting the rest later on!

Comments

• Lia

HAHAH! I just graduated from CofC and my boyfriend is the pedicab guy in blue. I had a hunch I would see someone I knew in these pictures.

Reply to Lia
  • Linn

Hi Taralynn,

which camera and editor do you use? the pictures are amazing!!! I just read your whole story, don’t even know how i came across here.. anyway good luck!!!!

Linn

Reply to Linn
  • Emily Hayes

I live here in Charleston! It is absolutely amazing. Glad you are enjoying it 🙂

Reply to Emily Hayes
  • Katie

I think it’s so awesome how you make friends to hang out with wherever you move to.. I’m such a homebody I feel like I would be screwed if I moved around so much! I’ve been following your blog for a couple years now and I love your posts so much 🙂

Reply to Katie
  • Christine

What kind of lipgloss/lipstick are you wearing?

Reply to Christine
  • Nina

You look so gorgeous ! I mean, I am not jealous : I look up to you. Is it really possible for me to lose the weight as you did ? I know what I need to do, and what I need to eat, but with my 4 kids, I feel like I really have no time for me. Sometimes I feel sorry for me…if I were someone else looking at me, I would think : poor her, she really has nothing to do, she will stay fat for ever…
    I know that it’s not true, but I am not able to eat healthy more than a week. I would love to, but I feel like I will never be abble to do what I dream of : having a healthy life style, being fit and having so much energy.

Reply to Nina
  • Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

I LOVE Charleston! We went there on our honeymoon and it was SO wonderful!

Reply to Sara @ LovingOnTheRun
  • jfeil;

the tones in your hair are gorgeous. pretty reds/browns

Reply to jfeil;
  • Ashley

I LOVE that lipstick you had on!! Where did you get it?

Reply to Ashley
  • Lindsay

Looks awesome! South Carolina looks like the perfect place to live

Reply to Lindsay