Charlotte & Fro Yo!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So far, it’s been an amazing Sunday!

I decided to drive up to Charlotte this afternoon to walk Uptown. The Uptown area was so charming and clean! I’m not used to seeing cities kept so well.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

They had all kinds of walking paths and parks. I saw a bunch of restaurants I’d like to try out.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After exploring Charlotte, I headed back. I kept driving by tons of frozen yogurt shops, but had no self control this time! I stopped at the Sweet Frog for a delicious treat!

The best thing about being an adult is choosing when to eat your dessert. Having it before dinner on a Sunday is acceptable in my books.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I added all kinds of chocolate candy bar pieces, m&m’s, cookie dough bites, mini cool mints, sprinkles, cake batter froyo and cookies and cream froyo! Delicious 🙂

Comments

• Jane

Luna’s Living Kitchen is an awesome raw vegan restaurant in Charlotte you must try! Delicious and healthy 🙂

Reply to Jane
  • Anna Newsome

Loved your post about visiting Charlotte, I live just 10 minutes north of the city & absolutely love exploring it! There are so many great restaurants but if you come to Charlotte again I highly recommend Aria it’s in the Uptown area & their food is phenomenal!

Reply to Anna Newsome
  • Sarah Autumn

Ah! I live just a couple of minutes outside of Waxhaw- so cool to see pictures of where you live and someone else’s perspective! Love your blog!

Reply to Sarah Autumn
  • Amanda

I have several friends living there in Charlotte. I once asked if there was a shady area anywhere and was told “just a tiny one”. It’s such a clean & beautiful city!

Reply to Amanda
  • Taylor

I highly recommend taking a trip to Chapel Hill in North Carolina. It is about 2 hours from Charlotte, but Franklin Street is awesome. I also love downtown Salisbury which is about 45 minutes from Charlotte so not quite as long of a drive as Chapel Hill. My boyfriend goes to school in Salisbury and I absolutely love downtown. 🙂

Reply to Taylor
  • Alyssa @ Lyss the Nutritionist

Yum!! I’m so glad it’s fro-yo season again 🙂

Reply to Alyssa @ Lyss the Nutritionist
  • Ane

Hey! i am an 16 years old girl form Norway and i just want to sat that you are an huge inspiration and i feel like you are giving this world so much positivity. You make thinks look worth it and i am so happy that have a great life, i feel like you really deserve that.

this was just a message that i hope you could take with you trough the day and that you realize what an huge inspiration you are! a lots of hugs from me 🙂

Reply to Ane
  • Valerie

Looks delicious!! And that city looks beautiful! That’s definitely on my travel list now!

Reply to Valerie
  • Allison

I live in Charlotte, just moved here in October from CT! Lots of awesome places to eat, and the epicenter is so much fun! True story, saw your post of your fro-yo on instagram, and my roomie and I were instantly craving it so we had to go get it!

Reply to Allison

lol sorry about that:) I’m going again to get fro yo tomorrow with a group of girls down here! I have a feeling I’ll be getting plenty this year! I’ll have to check out the epicenter!

• Casey Kuan

There’s a GREAT French Bakery in Charlotte! It’s called Amelie’s, there’s 3 locations: Noda, Downtown Charlotte, and Rock Hill, SC.

The original location is in Noda:
    2424 N Davidson St.
    Charlotte, NC 28205

It’s open 24 hours and I LOVE their Salted Caramel Brownie! it’s amazing.

Reply to Casey Kuan
  • Molly

Cabo Fish Taco in Charlotte is very tasty.
    Also if you are looking for a good place to hike around in nature there, check out the Reedy Creek Nature Preserve. Nice trails. Also you can take a short hike to the ruins of an old stone house built in the 1800s.

Reply to Molly
  • Helena

I live in charlotte and I’d love to meet you. Next time if check out yoforia yogurt, it’s all natural and organic, YUMMY, and without the HFCS 🙂

Reply to Helena
  • Anita Childress

Your froyo looks so yummy. I recently tried taro flavored froyo on the island of Kauai. It was delicious.

Reply to Anita Childress
  • Leeann @ Join the Gossip

That looks SO good right! Totally craving froyo now!

Reply to Leeann @ Join the Gossip
  • Jenny

Am I the only one reading these posts who does not live in SC, but would now really like to move there? Damn MN and all its snow. =)

Reply to Jenny
    • Lu

Just an FYI, but Charlotte is not in SC.

Reply to Lu
  • Madita @ HHandCoffee

Oh this looks so delicious ! Now I want some frozen yogurt, too 😮

Reply to Madita @ HHandCoffee
  • Rachael

Please can tell me what camera you use? X

Reply to Rachael

Yesterday I used the Olympus Stylus TG-2 iHS Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD
      Its the camera I take with me when I travel light! It’s small but powerful 🙂

• Kaitlyn

omg! I wish I had known you were in Charlotte (as if you would have met up with me haha) but I live here! As far as best sushi goes I’m going to have to argue and say Enso is the absolute best. 😀

Reply to Kaitlyn

I was just mentioning to another commenter…I might set up some kind of walk in the park next time I’m there! 🙂 And I’ll have to check out some Enso Sushi! You can never have enough!

• Lauren

Aw this is my town! 😀 Glad that you had a good time

Reply to Lauren
  • Cory

Yay, my hometown!! love, love Charlotte! I agree on RuSan’s… and if you happen to go back to Charlotte check out Cabo Fish Taco in NoDa (really cool neighborhood), Copper on East Blvd (amazing Indian food), and Mert’s Heart and Soul… all soooo delicious! Also check out the National Whitewater Center!

Reply to Cory
  • Ginger

Welcome to Charlotte! I love it here! You should try out the Whitewater Center the next time that you come! So much fun!

Reply to Ginger
  • Laura M.

I lived in Charlotte for 6 years so if you need any tips on places to check out let me know!

Reply to Laura M.
  • Ashley

I live in Charlotte!! Wish I could’ve gotten a chance to meet you!

Reply to Ashley
  • Sara @ LovingOnTheRun

Love Charlotte! Beautiful city. I had froyo tonight too – it was delicious!

Reply to Sara @ LovingOnTheRun
  • Jessica

Your froyo is exactly how I get mine! Ha! I figure if the yogurt is healthy I can get away with all the chocolate candies 🙂

Reply to Jessica
  • LauraMae

Froyo is my favorite!!!!!!!!!! Well any ice cream really…it’s in my blog’s name. Lol Your pictures are stunning!!!!

Reply to LauraMae
  • Leigha @ Minougirl

I’ve never had froyo before!!! It makes me sad! I had dessert before dinner tonight also 🙂 cake and ice cream!

Reply to Leigha @ Minougirl
  • Livi

Yum, I’m craving froyo now!!

Reply to Livi
  • Nina

There is an AMAZING Sushi place in Charlotte called Ru San’s. It is the best sushi I have ever had! You should try it 🙂

Reply to Nina