This is going to be a very fast post without all the extra chit-chat about my day. I am super tired, but promised a lot of you to have the recipe up tonight. So here it is!
A couple months ago, I made a minestrone soup. I fell in love with everything about it. I love the taste, the convenience of having it through out the week and the warmth it brings during the cold months. The weather has been pretty cold down here in Georgia, so I decided to make the minestrone soup. I took it in a different direction this time and made some ingredients swaps.
Here is the delicious recipe…
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas (Defrosted)
- 4 Cups Edamame (Defrosted)
- 2 Cups Yellow Summer Squash Diced
- 2 Cups Snapped Green Beans
- 2 Cups Zucchini Diced
- 5 Medium Celery Stalks Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Large Sweet Potato Peeled & Diced
- 1/2 Large White Onion Diced
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Can Reduced Sodium Kidney Beans
- 1 Can Reduced Sodium Black Beans
- 1 Can Reduced Sodium Northern Beans
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes (Basil, Garlic, Oregano)
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Box Organic Vegetable Broth
-Throw all ingredients into a six quart crock pot. If you have a smaller crock pot divide the recipe in half.
-Cook on high for 6-7 hours.
-Stir every couple of hours.
-After soup is fully cooked, take a couple taste test and add additional seasoning if needed.
I keep the soup stored in a couple containers in the refrigerator.
It’s a favorite in this house! I like to add cottage cheese and rice cakes to mine! Jeremy likes to add mozzarella and croutons!
Makes 24 Servings. (1 cup per serving)
Nutrition: 93 Calories, 1 g Fat, 16 g Carbs, 5.5 g Fiber, 6 g Protein, 3.5 g Sugar, 200 mg Sodium