One of my favorite salads, Taco! I have to be careful with it comes to taco salads. I can get pretty carried away with adding extra ingredients. Most taco salads at restaurants are over 900 calories! The tortilla, dressing, cheese, meat, guacamole add up quickly. That is why I always order my toppings on the side or make my salads at home. Here is a recipe for a mini taco salad under 150 calories. This taco salad would go perfect with a bowl of tortilla soup!
- 1 Whole Grain Mini Tortilla
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeno Peppers
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Salsa
- 6 Medium Cooked Shrimp
- 1 Tbsp Reduced Fat Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Taco Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle Taco seasoning over shrimp. Microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Place tortilla in a small glass bowl. Push it down to form a bowl shape. Bake for 4-5 minutes, or until crispy.
- Add lettuce to the tortilla bowl. Top with: cheese, jalapenos, salsa and shrimp.
Nutrition: 145 Calories, 3g Fat, 16g Carbs, 8g Protein, 6g Fiber