There has been this recipe for a 500 calorie pumpkin bread loaf floating around pinterest and I have wanted to try it for so long! Tonight I stopped at the store and grabbed most of the ingredients but decided to change it up! Putting it in the form of muffins makes it easier to eat in proportion instead of picking at the entire loaf until it’s gone.
12 Servings: 75 Calories, 13g Carbs, 4g Fiber, 5g Protein, 0g Fat
- 1 1/2 Cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Whole Medium Egg
- 3 Medium Egg Whites
- 1 2/3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Stevia
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Cream Filling Ingredients:
- 4 Oz Light Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Stevia
- 1 Tsp Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350
- In an a electric mixer mix eggs, pumpkin, and apple sauce together until smooth.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Remove batter from mixer and clean for cream.
- Add all cream ingredients into mixer and combine on medium until smooth and creamy.
- Place liners in a cupcake pan.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of batter, pour half into a liner and add 1 tbsp of cream on top, then pour the rest of the batter on top. (For each muffin: 1/3 batter and 1 tbsp cream)Repeat 12 times.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool
Did you use baking stevia for this?