Cinnamon Raisin & Apple Pumpkin Waffles

Happy Labor Day!

It was incredible out this morning. 58 degrees in the south? Yes, please! Kyle and I are headed to the park to play tennis here in a bit, and then I’ll be spending the evening out at my parent’s house. My dad is throwing some burgers on the grill, and we are going to hang out by the pool.

Before I take off for another day of tennis (literally played five days in a row) I wanted to leave you with my latest recipe, and this is one you’ll want to make over and over again! Can I get an “AMEN” for my first pumpkin recipe of the year? I have another coming this week πŸ™‚Β I put all the fall mums in the front yard yesterday evening, but I’ll wait until I get back from California to add the pumpkins πŸ™‚
Yesterday morning, Kyle and I made waffles for breakfast. He made a peanut butter chocolate protein waffle and I made a cinnamon raisin apple pumpkin waffle. He ended up liking mine better than his πŸ™‚ This waffle was so fluffy, crispy on the edges, and overflowing with flavors. I don’t think you can ever have too much pumpkin spice in a recipe, so I overloaded the spices on this one!Β Β
If you’re interested in Kyle’s waffle recipe, I added his above!Β Β

• 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice
  • 1/4 Cup Raisins
  • 2 Tbsp Chopped Apples
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 2 Tbsps Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 2 Tbsps Swerve (optional)

Instructions

1. Mash bananas and mix together all the ingredients.

2. Heat waffle maker on high.

3. Spray the waffle maker with cooking Spray

4. Pour 1 Cup onto the waffle maker. Use a spoon to spread if it's too thick.

5. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.

6. Top with apples, raisins, cinnamons, and syrup!

This waffle maker is my favorite and cheapest investment. I bought it on Amazon for $17.00! Here is the link if you’re interested!
Each recipe makes two large waffles.

Pumpkin Waffle Nutrition: 160 Calories Per Waffle, 7g Protein, 19g Carbs, 4g Fat, 3g Sugar, 6g Fiber

Chocolate Waffle Nutrition: 179 Calories Per Waffle, 13g Protein, 14g Carbs, 7g Fat, 4g Sugar, 5g Fiber
I had mine with light syrup and cinnamon sprinkled on top!Β
Another thing I love is my syrup boat. I bought it at a thrift store for 49 cents. I also bought those plates for $1 a piece! They are my absolute favorite. And the blue mugs? 25 cents.
I have a feeling I’ll be making a lot of waffles this winter! I have a matcha waffle on my list to try next.Β
This recipe is gluten free, nut free, dairy free, vegetarian, and delicious.
Not a drop left…

Questions for you!

1. What is your favorite waffle flavor?
  2. What is your favorite kitchen investment?
  3. Pumpkin Spice or Chocolate Peanut Butter!

Comments

• Gujarati

I can’t wait to try these!!!

Reply to Gujarati
  • Kailey

I am so intrigued by your recipes! You should make a cookbook with all of your recipes, snack ideas and smoothie recipes! Keep it up!

Reply to Kailey
  • Cassie

I REALLY want to try this recipe with flax eggs. I’ll probably add some oat flour or gluten free flour to help everything bind. Fingers crossed that all goes well!
    ALSO, having to choose between pumpkin spice or chocolate peanut butter?! HOW COULD YOU ASK ME SUCH A THING?!

Reply to Cassie
  • Dollie

Holy! I’m going to stop at the store on my way home from work to grab all of the stuff to make these!

Reply to Dollie
  • Michaela

Pumpkin!

Reply to Michaela
  • Charlott

Hi πŸ™‚

1) Hmmm all of them, but I think blueberry
    2) My blender! I lvoe smooth soups
    3) Definitely pumpkin spice.
    Funny story: I was visiting the US last year and was running around like crazy trying to find pumpkin spice in the shops. Then I googled it and you can actually make it at home with really basci spices… I had no idea!

Thanks for writing that blog, it really helps to motivate my healthy eating and weight loss efforts!

Reply to Charlott

I love blueberry too!!!

soups with the blender? tell me more…

lol yup! so easy to make yourself!!! I made a big jar or it last year!

xo xo

• Kailee

Too early for fall, but I think I’d eat these all year round.

Reply to Kailee
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

This looks incredible, Taralynn! Makes me so ready for fall!
    I love pumpkin spice, but I’d have to go with Chocolate peanut butter. It’s food for the soul, haha!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
  • Lace

Great idea adding in the raisins!

Reply to Lace
  • Jessica

Yum!

Reply to Jessica
  • Maximiliane

My favorite waffle flavor has to be chocolate chip pumpkin waffle! That’s always a good combo, and anything with chocolate in it is great in my opinion!

Best investment for a kitchen gadget is probably our Vitamix blender. It’s probably the thing we use the most.

And pumpkin spice any day! Can’t wait for the matcha recipe though!

Reply to Maximiliane

I’m so weird with chocolate chips. I’ve never liked them in my pancakes or waffles lol But I’ll overload them in my cookies!!

Yes, the vitamix is AMAZING!!!!

• Carly

When I saw these on your insta-story I was really hoping you were going to post the recipe! SO glad you did! I can’t wait to make these as my first pumpkin recipe of the season!

I love all kinds of waffles! One of my favorites is a Norwegian waffle. They are made in irons that are more flat (and usually heart shaped) and are topped with jam and sometimes powdered sugar… super simple but delicious! ( recipe – http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/norwegian-waffles)

I love cooking and baking so I can’t pick just one kitchen investment. I think I would have to have a tie between my Inspiralizer and my Kitchen aid mixer! I use them both all the time and don’t know how I survived before them!

Pumpkin Spice or Chocolate Peanut Butter…. thats like making me choose between my favorite dogs(fur-children). But since its pumpkin season… I mean fall… I will have to vote Pumpkin Spice!

Reply to Carly
  • Jane

Perfect for these cooler mornings!

Reply to Jane
  • Day

I need that waffle maker!

Reply to Day
  • Linda @ the Fitty

Pumpkin spice by far! Chocolate peanut butter πŸ™‚ I can have that at any time in the year, and I’m trying to avoid peanut butter anyways because of the lectins. I am so ready for pumpkin and spice and everything nice!

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty