Gluten Free Cranberry Banana Oat Muffins

Happy Friday 🙂

I am so ready for the weekend. I have all kinds of Christmasy things planned and a couple of home projects 🙂 I’m excited to spend time holiday baking and Christmas shopping with my mom on Saturday. That always puts me in the Christmas spirit. The weather is literally FREEZING here! I had to bundle up like Randy from A Christmas Story this morning while walking the dogs. “I CAN’T PUT MY ARMS DOWN”  Luckily its going to warm up! I think it’s going to be 66 on Sunday…PERFECT for a run. I can’t wait!! I decided to make some cranberry muffins this morning to have around the house this weekend. They are great for breakfast, the perfect size for a pre-workout and easy for snacking! These healthy muffins are so tasty and easy to make! 🙂 I hope you enjoy them & have a fabulous weekend !
INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Quick Oats, 1 Cup Whole Grain Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour, 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder, 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract, 3 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, 1/2 Cup Baking Stevia, 2 Mashed Large Ripe (almost brown) Bananas, 1/2 Cup Skim Milk, 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce, 2 Large Eggs, 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts, 3 Tablespoons Honey, 1 1/2 Cup Fresh Cranberries.
DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 385 degrees.
2. Bring three cups of water to a boil and add the cranberries. Boil cranberries until they start to open. Drain cooked cranberries and mix them with honey. Let them cool.
3. Mix the eggs, vanilla, applesauce, milk, and bananas together.
4. Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and stevia together. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl.
5. Lightly mix in the walnuts and cranberries.
6. Grease muffin liners with cooking spray.
7. Add a heaping 1/3 cup to each liner. Top with a little drizzle of honey.
8. Bake for 17-22 minutes.

This recipe makes 14 Muffins.
Nutrition: 98 Calories, 16g Carbs, 3g Fat, 3g Protein, 7g Sugar

Questions for you!
1. What are your weekend plans?
2. How do you like your cranberries?
3. Favorite winter muffin flavor?

Comments

• Carrie

Made these and they were wonderful.

Reply to Carrie
  • Edye

These look amazing! Happy holidays 🙂

Reply to Edye
  • Kindel

I made these and they were fantastic! I added some white chocolate chips to the muffins 🙂

Reply to Kindel
  • Hannah

We spent our weekend doing last minute Christmas shopping, making Christmas cookies, and went to look at Christmas lights.

I love canned cranberry with my turkey and ham during the holidays & using dried cranberries on my salads through out the year.

My fave holiday muffin is my pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins…so addicting!

Reply to Hannah
  • Leisha

These look delicious! My weekend plans involve seeing the new Star Wars movie, making these muffins, catching up on laundry and getting a good workout in. I love cranberry anything. I just bought some and wasn’t sure what to make. I’m going try your recipe now with a flax egg substitute. Thanks!

Reply to Leisha
  • Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Yum! These look great! what kind of all purpose gf flour did you use? I have cup 4 cup on hand i think its the brown rice kind. My favorite winter muffin is probably orange/chocolate combo!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Tess Chavez

Nothing exciting as far as weekend plans. Deep cleaning the house….Yeeshk! I may be the only one out there that loves cranberry jelly! It’s my favorite. But I do love sugared cranberries and dried in trail mix. And if you are looking for a delicious winter muffin flavor, the best by far is Cinnamon Sweet Potato with Cinnamon Coconut Whipped Cream! So so delicious! Congrats on the new house btw, I’ll bet it’s beautiful!

Reply to Tess Chavez

Deep cleaning used to be my weekend musts, but I’ve lately been doing power cleans every morning and every night! I make sure to do all laundry and load/clean the dishwasher before bed. It’s really been working!

OH I LOVE cranberry jelly, especially when it has a hint of orange zest. Dried cranberries are the best in salads and trail mix 🙂 I agree!

OH MY that sounds so good!!!!! Do you have a favorite recipe? I’d love to try those!

• Carly

These look delicious! I love cranberries in the winter! Once I have cranberry sauce at thanksgiving I get on a cranberry roll until spring! I love them in muffins, cookies, and oatmeal! Yum!

This weekend I’m headed home to Colorado to see my family before Christmas with the in laws. Moose can’t wait to see his grandma and his best dog friend Howie!

My favorite winter muffins are apple cinnamon! Although I love all kinds of muffins so I’m always on the lookout for new and different flavors.

Can’t wait to see your Christmas and home projects!!

Reply to Carly

Cranberries can literally be eaten all year round! They’re for spring and winter! I just love them 🙂 They are so good in oatmeal.

Omg you are going to have so much fun! Have a safe trip!!

MMMM I love apple cinnamon too! I made apple pie muffins years ago and I need to do that again!

x o xo have a wonderful weekend Carly

• Jennifer

These look so yummy! I plan on not leaving my house this weekend. We’re supposed to be getting 8″-10″ of snow tonight and Sunday is supposed to be a high of -8! For me I only like cranberries when they’re sweetened/in something like these muffins! Alone they are too tart for me. And favorite winter muffins… currently I’ve been craving both orange muffins pistachio muffins so I’d have to go with those 🙂 Have fun this weekend!!

Reply to Jennifer

OH my gosh. THAT IS SO COLD! I do not blame you!

AND SO MUCH SNOW! I hope you send me photos! I miss the snow ) (SOMETIMES)

Orange pistachio muffins? PLEASE SEND THAT RECIPE!!!

XO

Weekend plans involve video editing and same old same old, scheduling future blog posts. Perhaps some Stranger Things watching here and there. 🙂

• Crystal

I cannot wait to make these! I have just about all the ingredients. Just need to pick up some cranberries! And ripe a banana quick!

I’m so excited to go to the craft fair this weekend!

I like my cranberries with oranges! Great combo! Definitely my winter favorite!

So excited and thankful for this recipe. Looking forward to hear about your plans!

Reply to Crystal

I hope you enjoy them!!!

A craft fair sound so fun!:)

That is the best combo. You would have LOVED the cranberry sauce my boyfriends mom made for thanksgiving. It had orange zest in it! yummy!

xo xo xo

• Anna@Actively Anna

YUM these looks so festive and delicious!
    1. My weekend plans are to stay inside and do holiday things like baking and watching Christmas movies. It’s been and is going to continue to be in the -20 degrees so I wanna be under a blanket haha!
    2. I like my cranberries in baked goods haha! I loooove these harvest cookies that I find sometimes at Super Target. They are to die for.
    3. Winter muffins are all about the pumpkin for me!
    Congrats on the new house by the way! That is incredible and I hope life keeps going so well for you 🙂 Can’t wait to see some of your house projects <3

Reply to Anna@Actively Anna

Thank you! 🙂

1. -20!!!! OMG………PLEASE STAY INSIDE! that is so cold!!! It’s going to be 66 tomorrow…………;)

MMM Target has the best treats!

Thank sooooooo much!! 😀

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

I have a bag of frozen aronia berries at home that I need to use up – might replace cranberries with that in this recipe. The finished photo looks delicious! Always looking forward to your recipes and posts, Taralynn! 🙂

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Oh that sounds so good! You’ll have to let me know how that goes!!!!

Thank so much for the kind words! I made some gluten free blueberry muffin squares yesterday as well and I’ll be blogging those soon!!

xo xo xo xo

Oh that sounds so good! You’ll have to let me know how that goes!!!!

xo xo xo