Happy Friday 🙂
I am so ready for the weekend. I have all kinds of Christmasy things planned and a couple of home projects 🙂 I’m excited to spend time holiday baking and Christmas shopping with my mom on Saturday. That always puts me in the Christmas spirit. The weather is literally FREEZING here! I had to bundle up like Randy from A Christmas Story this morning while walking the dogs. “I CAN’T PUT MY ARMS DOWN” Luckily its going to warm up! I think it’s going to be 66 on Sunday…PERFECT for a run. I can’t wait!! I decided to make some cranberry muffins this morning to have around the house this weekend. They are great for breakfast, the perfect size for a pre-workout and easy for snacking! These healthy muffins are so tasty and easy to make! 🙂 I hope you enjoy them & have a fabulous weekend !
1 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Quick Oats, 1 Cup Whole Grain Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour, 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder, 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract, 3 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, 1/2 Cup Baking Stevia, 2 Mashed Large Ripe (almost brown) Bananas, 1/2 Cup Skim Milk, 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce, 2 Large Eggs, 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts, 3 Tablespoons Honey, 1 1/2 Cup Fresh Cranberries.
1. Heat oven to 385 degrees.
2. Bring three cups of water to a boil and add the cranberries. Boil cranberries until they start to open. Drain cooked cranberries and mix them with honey. Let them cool.
3. Mix the eggs, vanilla, applesauce, milk, and bananas together.
4. Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and stevia together. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl.
5. Lightly mix in the walnuts and cranberries.
6. Grease muffin liners with cooking spray.
7. Add a heaping 1/3 cup to each liner. Top with a little drizzle of honey.
8. Bake for 17-22 minutes.
This recipe makes 14 Muffins.
Nutrition: 98 Calories, 16g Carbs, 3g Fat, 3g Protein, 7g Sugar
Questions for you!
1. What are your weekend plans?
2. How do you like your cranberries?
3. Favorite winter muffin flavor?