Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Hey Everyone!

Hope you’re all having a great week so far! My weekend was a good one, but you’ll hear more about that later. Sharing a recipe for cheesy chicken enchiladas more important! 🙂

Kyle, Steve (Kyle’s friend), and I headed to the movies to go see Arrival. It was pretty good, but I’m not sure how I felt about it yet…I’m still thinking about the twist and trying to understand it more. I think it’s one of those movies I’ll need to watch a couple times before I really understand it. After the movies, we headed to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for enchiladas. Kyle has been obsessed with my mom’s enchiladas ever since she made them for us, so we decided to make her recipe. So once again, thank you for the recipe mom!

P.S. This cheesy enchilada totally matches my outfit in my photo on the side bar 🙂Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
You will need: 2 lbs chicken breast, 1 medium yellow onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cans diced green chilies, 1 can rotel tomatoes with green chilies, 1 can green enchilada sauce, 1 can red enchilada sauce, 1 package rice and beans (I used Uncle Ben’s brand), 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp onion powder, 2 cups Mexican cheese, 4 ounces cream cheese, flour tortillas.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Dice chicken breast and add it to a skillet with olive oil and chopped onion.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Once the chicken is fully cooked, add the chilies and rotel tomatoes. *Drain the chilies and tomatoes first.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Mix in the cream cheese until creamy.  Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Add 1 cup of cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, and onion powder to the mixture.
*give it a taste test to see if it needs salt. I added a pinch.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Prepare the rice (takes 90 seconds) and add it to the mixture.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Poor half of the red and green enchilada sauce into the bottom of the dish.  Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Fill tortillas with a large scoop of the chicken and cheese mixture.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Add all the tortillas to the baking dish on top of the enchilada sauce. You can make mini enchiladas with smaller tortillas too.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Top the enchilada with the remainder of the red and green enchilada sauce.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Pour the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 25 minutes.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
I had to make a salad to go with my enchilada 🙂
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
The cheese should be fully melted and crisp on the edges!  Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Let the enchiladas cool for fifteen minutes before eating. They’ll be hot! Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
I cut the enchiladas into squares just like lasagna.

These enchiladas are SO GOOD and full of flavor. They are perfect for parties or quick dinners. My mom’s recipe never disappoints! Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Questions for you!

1. What kind of enchiladas do you make?
  2. Do you like your food cheesier or sauce-ier?
  3. What is the last meal you made?

Comments

• Leonie F

I’m late to the party here, but I just made these tonight (first time for this Irish girl to make enchiladas at all). They were soooo good, and a hit all around! Thank you for posting this. I made them exactly as shown ??

Reply to Leonie F
  • Annette

I just made these enchiladas and they are so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Reply to Annette
  • Hilary

These were incredible! My boyfriend made them for me after my marathon on Sunday!

Reply to Hilary
  • Erin @ Brownie Bites

I’ve been on the hunt for a new easy enchilada recipe – I will have to give this one a try!

Reply to Erin @ Brownie Bites
  • Anonymous

I made these tonight! My boyfriend and his friends really enjoyed them. They thought I bought them at the restaurant and put them in the oven lol

Reply to Anonymous
  • Lisa

Made these last night they are awesome!!!! Hubby loved them so much he took a picture of the recipe I had written down and sent it to his friends. This recipe is a keeper!

Reply to Lisa
  • Ana

Enchiladas are made with corn tortillas not flour. Also, why do you roll them if you just end up cutting the dish into squares?

Reply to Ana
  • Emily

My best friend went vegan about a year or 2 ago and she makes these amazing vegan enchiladas filled with sweet potato and lots of veggies. They are the best enchiladas I’ve ever had!

Reply to Emily
  • Traci

These look amazing! I will definitely have to make them soon 🙂

Reply to Traci
  • Becky

1. I don’t think I’ve ever made my own enchiladas but I always order them when I eat out at a Mexican restaurant. But after reading your recipe I think I’ll try! Yum!
    2. Can I say both? I suppose if I absolutely had to pick one I’d say cheesier because I think cheese is the best food on the planet, but I also like sauce, especially when it’s full or flavor.
    3. Last night I made greek yogurt baked chicken and green beans. I marinade the chicken, bake until they’re almost cooked through, then add a greek yogurt mixture containing parmesan cheese and my favorite Penzeys spices such as roasted garlic, italian seasoning, and onion powder and bake for a few more minutes. It’s one of my favorite quick and easy go-to meals.

Reply to Becky
  • Amanda @ Positively Amanda

Oh my this looks absolutely delicious! Certainly can’t turn down something so creamy and cheesy 🙂

Reply to Amanda @ Positively Amanda
  • Carly

These look delicious! I’m adding the ingredients to my shopping list now so I can make them ASAP!

Usually I make black bean and chicken enchiladas with red sauce! No real recipe just a bunch of things I like rolled into tortillas! I like a good balance of cheese and sauce, but my husband LOVES sauce and salsa so I always have extra on the side!

Last meal I made was chicken and roasted veggies… actually it was YOUR roasted veggie recipe! I’ve made them so many times its defiantly one of our favorites! And I love having left overs of it for lunches all week! 🙂

Reply to Carly

Let me know how you like them!!

MMMMM love black bean enchiladas!! Those sound great!

You can never go wrong with roasted vegetables and the leftovers are the best part! xo

• Heather

This looks delicious! Thank you for sharing. 🙂

Also- Your header design is SO cute!

Reply to Heather
  • Sharni

Yummmmm enchiladas are my fav!

Reply to Sharni
  • Shanna

Those looks so good!
    I don’t really have a recipe, I’ve just made a few different kinds.
    Cheesier. I’m not a big fan of saucy foods. I don’t like to sop it up with bread. Don’t really like my food touching. Haha
    On Sunday I made pulled pork with potato salad, asparagus and deviled eggs. Needed a touch of summer in these below freezing temps. Making chili tonight!

Reply to Shanna
  • Emily B

Yummmmmmm!!!
    I make stacked enchiladas. Kind of like a Mexican lasagna. Chicken and corn and I throw peppers and onions in half the dish for me because my husband doesn’t like them. Lol.

Tough call. Can I say both? My husband loves cheese and sauce too so I strive for both 🙂

I just made homemade pizza. We are having a good old fashioned snow day due to a blizzard here in ND. It has been an awesome day! I made your eggnog French toast recipe this morning to kick start our snow day!

Reply to Emily B

My mom has made the stacked ones before and they’re so good!!!!

You can say both. I’m right there with you!

mmmmmm homemade pizza in a snowstorm. 🙂

I hope you enjoyed the eggnog french toast:)

• Megan

When are you going to share your big life changing news you teased us with last month??

Reply to Megan
  • Amanda G.

I have never made enchiladas before! I’ll definitely be saving this recipe to make soon for sure, looks so yummy!

Reply to Amanda G.
  • Kenzie

I just wanted to say I LOVE your cute Christmas “Simply Taralynn” banner (I’m not sure what the actual name for it is?) on top of your site 🙂 It’s so YOU! And of course, your recipe looks amazing too.

Reply to Kenzie

Hey Tara, would you prefer to clean up dishes or prep the dishes?

• Jamie

1. I usually make enchiladas with pork or chicken that I cook in the slow cooker, shred, then assemble with corn tortillas. The La Palma enchilada sauce is my favorite!
    2. Cheesy! I LOVE cheese, the more the better.
    3. Last night I grilled up a BBQ tri-tip, artichokes, and corn. Very yummy!

Reply to Jamie
  • Jenn V

Not a huge fan of rice in enchiladas but the rest of the recipe looks good so I look forward to trying this one soon! I usually make chicken enchiladas with sour cream white sauce. Definitely like things cheesier, y-um! The last meal I made was french onion chicken on Sunday night. Last night was heating up leftover turkey chili which doesn’t really count, ha.

Reply to Jenn V

Your enchiladas sound good! French onion chicken sounds awesome!!! What recipe did you use?

• Jenn V

It was on the back on a Knorr soup package. Doing my weekly shopping trip and I just randomly grabbed a package, turned it over and decided to make it that night’s dinner. Served with rice

Reply to Jenn V
  • Bethany @LuluRuns

These look delicious! I love a good, Mexican recipe 🙂

I prefer saucier, but Landon prefers things cheesier, so we compromise 😉

The last meal I made was a giant grilled chicken salad with a million toppings and healthy dark chocolate banana oat cookies for dessert!

Hope you are having a great week!

Reply to Bethany @LuluRuns

Me too 🙂 My mom always makes the best mexican food.

A healthy mixture of both for the win! That sounds like the perfect dinner! & especially those oat cookies!!!!!

Hope you’re having a great week as well!

xo

• Hollylee

These look so much better than our normal go to recipe. Can’t wait to try!!!

Reply to Hollylee
  • Jennifer

Oh my gosh these look soooo good! Mark is going to love these I can’t wait to make them for him!
    -I actually don’t have a homemade enchilada recipe, but I LOVE red sauce on them!
    -I like a good mix of both 😉
    -The last meal I made… hmm.. oh yes! It was a healthy lasagna that used rice instead of noodles… it was super good!

Reply to Jennifer
  • Amina

What kind of enchiladas do you make?
    I’ve never made them but I love that these don’t have ‘condensed soup’! ??

Do you like your food cheesier or sauce-ier? Cheese all day!

What is the last meal you made?
    I made steak & cheese with mini tater tots last night.

Reply to Amina

These are so good!:) No condensed soup lol!

haha cheese!! depends on the kind of sauce. I’m more of a sauce person when we’re talking pizza.

OK YUM!!! THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD!

• Haley

These look amazing

Reply to Haley
  • Charmaine Ng

I’ve followed your recipes for a long time and I just wanted to let you know I love them! I will be trying this one out when I have time in the weekend. 🙂

– Charmaine