Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza

Happy National Whole Grain Month!

I had such a fun opportunity last month to join a group of bloggers and General Mills on a trip to Winnipeg, Canada. We learned a lot about the farms that grow our oats, the importance of whole grain in our diet, and how our oats make it to our cereal bowls. Did I say “oats” enough?
September National Whole Grain Month: General Mills Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!
In honor of National whole grain month, I’m teaming up with General Mills to bring you guys a delicious Honey Nut Cheerios breakfast fruit pizza recipe! Cereal is a great source of whole grain and the perfect way to start your day (Or end your night!) Cereal with whole grain as the 1st ingredient has beneficial vitamins, fiber, magnesium, iron, and for me, it keeps me fueld for a productive morning.

I hope you enjoy this recipe and all the fun facts about Whole Grain!Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!
I chose Honey Nut Cheerios for my recipe because they are my absolute favorite and they are made with whole grain oats. I eat Honey Nut Cheerios at least five times a week. Honey Nut Cheerio Fruit Breakfast Pizza

INGREDIENTS

4 cups (miniature marshmallows)
3 tablespoons butter
3 1/2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
3 tablespoons honey

8 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
fresh fruit for topping

Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!
This recipe is super fun, easy to make, and absolutely no baking involved. You can customize the ingredients to fit your dietary needs, or tastebuds!

1. Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Once the butter has melted, add marshmallows, 1 tablespoon of honey and stir until all the marshmallows are melted and creamy.
Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!  About 95% of Americans do not reach their recommended 48g of whole grain per day! There are so many ways you can fit whole grain into your diet!

2. Pour melted marshmallows in a large glass bowl with the Honey Nut Cheerios. Mix together until Cheerios are coated.Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!
“Whole Grain is the first ingredient in all General Mills Big G Cereals, meaning there is more whole grain than any other single ingredient (including sugar from all combined sources).”

3. Add the coated Cheerios to a large serving plate. Softly press the cheerios down to form a large circle. (It helps to damp your hands with water or coconut oil to prevent the marshmallows from sticking to your fingers)
Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza! 4. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, yogurt, two tablespoons of honey, and one teaspoon of ground cinnamon together.Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!

You can fit your whole grain into ANY meal. Start your day off with a bowl of cereal with whole grain as the first ingredient. Pile your veggies onto whole grain crackers with hummus for lunch. Serve your dinner with a side of whole grain rice. End your night with popcorn topped with dark chocolate chips.

5. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the Honey Nut Cheerios crust. Leave a half-inch of the edges uncovered.Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!
6. Top the breakfast pizza with your choice of fresh fruit, a honey drizzle and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!
7. Keep refrigerated until served. Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!
This breakfast pizza is the perfect treat for special mornings, office parties, tailgates, weekend treats, or holidays.Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!

This was such a treat and I cannot wait to make it again! I want to try it with Cocoa Puffs and a chocolate cream cheese spread.Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!  Honey Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!
HONEY NUT CHEERIOS BREAKFAST FRUIT PIZZA

INGREDIENTS

4 cups (miniature marshmallows)
3 tablespoons butter
3 1/2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
3 tablespoons honey

8 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
fresh fruit for topping

DIRECTIONS

3. Add the coated Cheerios to a large serving plate. Softly press the Cheerios down to form a large circle. (It helps to damp your hands with water or coconut oil to prevent the marshmallows from sticking to your fingers)

6. Top the dessert pizza with your choice of fresh fruit, a honey drizzle and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.

7. Keep refrigerated until served.

RECIPE MAKES 8 LARGE SLICESHoney Nut Cheerios Breakfast Fruit Pizza!

Questions for you!
How do you get your daily whole grain?
Which breakfast cereal should I use in my next recipe…Cocoa Puffs, Reese’s Puffs, or Pumpkin Spice Cheerios?
Why do you love cereal?

Comments

• Barb

Love the creativity and I will not start eating whole grains!

Reply to Barb
  • Becky

What is that greek cream cheese in your picture of the ingredients? I use cream cheese all the time in recipes but I’ve never heard of greek cream cheese and I can’t zoom in enough to see the details on the package.

Reply to Becky

I found the Greek cream cheese at the grocery store. It tastes the same (almost better) and it’s a little lighter and has less fat naturally!

xo

• Becky

Good to know. I’ll keep an eye out for it. Thanks!

Reply to Becky
  • Lauren @ Following the Path of Life

Mmm….this looks yummy! It’d be a nice, fairly-healthy dessert to serve!

1. OATBRAN AND OATMEAL. 🙂 Plus whole grain bread and noodles, as well as rice; I also bake with whole wheat flour instead of white flour.

2. Oh my goodness–definitely Pumpkin Spice Cheerios! My mom brought me a box to try — I’d only seen them on your blog and hadn’t gone to the store to buy them — and I am kind of addicted!

3. It makes a great snack food — healthy (if you choose the right kinds) but sweet enough to curb a sweet tooth. I tend to eat cereal by the handful rather than by the bowl.

Reply to Lauren @ Following the Path of Life

Hi Lauren!

It most certainly is.

I like to bake with whole wheat flour as well. I just made delicious pumpkin muffins with it & will post that recipe ASAP.

They’re so good right!? I feel like this could be a treat to eat all year round!

I agree. The right kinds of cereal can most certainly be healthy.

I hope you have a great day!

xo
      Taralynn

• Bethany @LuluRuns

A+++ for creativity Taralynn! Can’t wait to try this recipe out, it’s too cute not to 🙂

Favorite way to get whole grains in? Cereal (because hello, it’s delicious! Cherrios are some of my favorites too!), brown rice, oatmeal, and homemade bread.

I would love if you made a pumpkin spiced version. Fall = all things pumpkin!

Hope you are doing well girl! 🙂

Reply to Bethany @LuluRuns

Thank you Bethany!

I LOVE following your photos on Instagram and congrats on everything!

You & I both! Love homemade bread…mmmm especially with all the chunky grains.

ALL THINGS PUMPKIN :D:D

XO XO

• Emily B

I love cereal! My faves are Honey Bunches of Oats with Cinnamon Clusters and Reese’s Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I bought a box of Pumpkin Cheerios after you talked about them and I LOVE them!!! Cereal is such a comfort food for me so I usually eat it as a treat but I think I am going to try to eat it a little more often! I get most of my whole grains from bread and oatmeal!

Reply to Emily B

Hi Emily!

Reese’s puffs are everyones favorite. I don’t think you’re human if you don’t like them. OH AND CINNAMON TOAST CRUCH IS THE GREATEST WHEN I WANT TO INDULGE ;D

I’m so glad you loved the pumpkin cheerios!!

Oatmeal is one of my favorite ways too:)

xo

• Savannah

-CEREAL!! I am cereal obsessed, so this recipe is a winner for me!
    -Pumpkin Spice Cheerios please!!
    -It’s so easy when you don’t feel like cooking 🙂 And the crunch!

Reply to Savannah
  • Linda @ the Fitty

I think this would taste good with some chocolate chips!

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty
  • Linda @ the Fitty

I think this is more like pie than it is pizza, but I guess pizza itself is already just a savoury version of pie!

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty
  • Jennifer

I had been eating Cheerios every morning until the past couple weeks since I’ve started a beachbody challenge! Now I’ve been getting them from rice most of the time 🙂 I’ll definitely be headed back towards cheerios once it’s done!

Reese’s Puffs all the way. I have some at home right now haha it would be super good if you made it with some sort of peanut butter frosting/spread/whatever haha… more like a dessert pizza!

Because it’s easy, it’s fast, and it’s tasty 🙂

Reply to Jennifer

Hi Jennifer!!

I don’t know how you do it. I get Cheerio withdrawals!

YES RP FOR THE WIN. That would definitely be a dessert pizza 🙂 & I’m all for it!

xo

• Jojo

Holy Crap! This is the coolest recipe.

I get my whole grain from bread and oatmeal!

My favorite cereal are lucky charms.

Reply to Jojo

Thanks Jojo!

I love getting my whole grains through oatmeal as well.

When I was a kid, I’d steal all the marshmallows out of the lucky charms! I was the worst little sister.
      xo

• Jen H.

1. I’m one of those low carb/scared of bread and pasta kind of girl. I prefer lettuce wraps over sandwiches and zoodles over spaghetti. Having a bowl of cereal or a slice of bread is a ‘treat’ for me and I leave those to Sunday cheat meals!

2. I think one of the greatest things in the entire world is Reese’s Puff Cereal. If I was dying and had one last meal it would consist of a bowl (more like box) of Reese’s Puffs. I think I may be buried with a box of that cereal in my casket….no joke

3. I don’t eat it all the time but there is something about a bowl of cereal with ice cold milk that just hits the spot sometimes. It’s almost ‘comfort’ food to me. It reminds me of so many college mornings and quite frankly, cheap college dinners!!! Can’t go wrong with a bowl of cereal and some skim milk!

Reply to Jen H.

Carbs are good 🙂 Gotta fit in those whole grains and fuel yourself for workouts! I also love lettuce wraps though! I actually like them better than the toast or buns.

Reeses Puff cereal is the best. Now that is my treat cereal. Sometimes I add a handful to my pop corn. I love how you know what your “LAST MEAL” is going to be if you had that chance. I know mine would be oreos with milk..and maybe some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!

I love cereal as a treat or late night snack. If I’m super hungry at night, I’ll have some cheerios with almond milk.

• Brooklyn

I really hate Cheerios but this pizza is so cute!!!
    My favorite cereal is Special K. I wonder if I could use that instead!

Reply to Brooklyn
  • Alena

Hi! I usually get my whole grain through cereal or breads/pasta. I would say do the Reese’s Puffs because I don’t think I’d be buying either of the other cereal choices anytime soon.. But those pumpkin spice Cheerios may be my choice sooner than later since fall is on its way! I love cereal because it’s so quick and easy and perfect pre-run fuel. Thanks for the recipe! Xox

Reply to Alena

You will LOVE the pumpkin spice! 🙂 I want to make a pie crust with those cheerios! I need to get a bunch so I can have them all year round!

& you’re welcome! thanks for stopping by to comment!

xo

• Anna

-I try and get my whole grains in via brown rice or a nice hearty bread.
    – Please do one with pumpkin spice cheerios! I went out and bought some after you said how good they are and OMG a recipe using them would be great!
    – I love cereal because it’s easy for one, but also because it’s kind of nostalgic. When I have a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch, it reminds me of Saturday mornings as a kid, relaxing and watching cartoons 🙂

Reply to Anna

Those are great ways to fit in whole grain and i love hearty bread!

I think it would be cool to crush them up for a pumpkin pie crust!

I cuodlnt agree more with you! I love feeling like a kid again 🙂 Trix do that to me!

• Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Yum! I’d vote cocoa puffs because theyre my favorite or pumpkin spice because i love everything seasonal!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Lauren

This looks amazing! Such an original recipe!

Reply to Lauren
  • Jessica

This recipe looks so good. I cannot wait to make it for my office ladies.

Reply to Jessica
  • Caitlyn @SoDamnGood

This was so creative, thanks Taralynn!! Wouldn’t be a bad idea to use those pumpkin cheerios this fall 😉

Reply to Caitlyn @SoDamnGood