Every year, I do a New Year’s resolution post. I’m going to do my post a little different this year. Instead of choosing one resolution; I want to make a New Year’s bucket list with little and big goals. I want to better myself this year and not just choose one thing to improve. I want to improve in a lot of ways.
1. Start running again. -I stopped running for a while because of my knee injury, but I’m going to face my fear and get out there more; even if it’s one or two miles.
2. Going back to school.-I’ve been sorting out my life this past year and trying to figure out where I want to be in life. I’ve had a lot of time to think and reflect. I’ve decided that I want to go back to school in 2015. I’m loving my independence lately and this is a choice I”m choosing to make 🙂
3. Stop going out to eat.– I know it’s hard to avoid restaurants when your with your friends or busy, but I’ve been dining out way too much this year and I want to cut that all out and cook more.
4. Spend more time with my family.-Over the past five years, my parents lived 20 hours away from me and now that they’re in the South, I want to make up for the lost time and hang out with them more. Family time is important.
5. Ignore people.– Say what? I have this defensive wall that likes to argue back when people push my buttons, but I want to control my actions more and just ignore them.
6. Volunteer more.– When I was in Detroit, I was volunteering a lot and I loved how it made me feel. I want to do more of that this year.
7. Forgive everyone.– I just want to let go of all the problems and things that made me angry. Sadly this will be the hardest one. I’m a grudge holder.
8. Stop buying thing I don’t need. – I take money for granted sometimes and impulsively buy things I really do not need. Do you know how many toy elephants and pillows I have? Too many.
9. Improve my blog.– The past six months have been transition months. I’ve been busy doing other things and not focussing a lot on my blog. I’m going to change that. New recipes, more posts, and more focus!
10. Enjoy Life-. I get stressed out easily and forget about enjoying the moment. I want to live more for the moment, smile more, and be more care-free.
-hike more, eat more sushi, paint more, clean out my car more, keep my closet organized all the time, go to the farmers market more, watch less tv, read more books, read less magazines, play more sports, shop less, go to an amusement park, ride my bike more, walk more, eat less packaged food, golf more, go camping, boat on the lake, roast marshmallows more, and enjoy the outdoors!
Leave five of your new year’s resolutions below!
I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for sharing your life with us! I’ve been following your blog for a couple years, and I always enjoy reading about your life.
I hope you have a wonderful 2015!
Those are all great resolutions! I make a short list every year too. Easier to tackle than one large resolution. Good luck to all of yours!! Sounds reasonable 🙂
1. Walk/Zumba 3x a week
2. Save $$ for a house!
3. Drink tons of water
4. Pay off smaller debt so I can then think about student loans
5. Cook more/different things, even when my husband is working at night
Amy, my resolution is also to complete the Pittsburgh Half Marathon! Go us!
Love this list! I took a similar approach to 2015 and here’s hoping we rock it out!!
1) Half Marathon – I’m signed up & ready for the Pittsburgh Half — training starts next week and I’m hoping for a sub 2.5 hour finish! #doit
2) Let it Go — Elsa was right. I really need to take the whole “Accept the things you can’t change” thing to heart — I want to be happier and part of that is just letting things go.
3) Be More Positive – I’ve been very “Glass half full” lately and I want to change that. I believe you control whether you have a good day or not — I plan on having a lot more good days in 2015!
4) Spend more time on me – Whether it’s getting in shape or just learning more about me, I think it’s time.
5) Learning how to manage money – I’m 32 and terrible at it. Let’s change that!
Thanks for all your inspiration in 2014 — hoping to keep that going in 2015!
Amy, my resolution is also to complete the Pittsburgh Half Marathon! Go us!
I love all your goals! I have some similar goals in mind 🙂
Here are some that I’ve thought of for myself:
– Stay on top of budget and paperwork
– Improve my posture!!
– Read more
– Workout 5x a week
– Lose a little bit of weight (and thanks to your inspiration, I know I can do this!)
Thank you, Tara, for sharing your life. I love reading your blog, and am excited you will post even more! 🙂
What are you going to study? 🙂 Happy new year!
Great list-I’m posting my goals today too! I want to spend less time on the internet/social media, 1 book for pleasure a month, be happy, and journal everyday!
Great New Years Resolutions!
I have a few myself
1) Increase my Yoga practice and learn some harder poses.
2) Get healthy so I can get pregnant. I am having fertility issues and I know that a lot of it is due to being over weight.
3) Clean more – I’m naturally a clutter bug and want to be more organized.
4) Have the honeymoon we deserve – I’ve been married 3 years and we have never had our Honeymoon. I think it is time to plan that out.
5) Decorate our new place! I want it to feel cozy and inviting.
Happy New Year Taralynn!
Love your list!
1. Commit to my workout schedule and stick with it!
2. Stress less because I know that what is suppose to happen will happen.
3. Continue my health journey and reach my goal this year.
4. Spend more time with family.
5. Take more walks with my dog because he just loves it so much.
Taralynn I love your New Year’s posts! They never fail to inspire! In fact, to be honest, you never fail to inspire me. I have been following you for some years now and you still continue to inspire my life positively. I will be doing a New Year’s resolution list on my blog tomorrow, but for now, here’s my short list:
1. Start living in the moment more.
2. Start being more fearless, more confident! ( lack of self confidence and self esteem is my biggest flaw…)
3. Finish a half marathon in memory of my best friend who passed away in May running her first half.
4. Eat cleaner and train meaner!
I love the idea of goals, instead of resolutions…and I share several of yours!
I, too, am going back to school in 2015, to get my MA in Psychology…I’ve been putting off school with the excuse that it will “take a long time” but that time has passed anyway! I’m curious to see what you’ll study 🙂
I am continuing to work on being present, and positive. I struggle with depression, but really have made a lot of progress…I want to continue to meditate and be grateful for the incredible blessings I have, but try to remember to be patient with myself and my journey. This is SO cheesy, but I was watching “fixer upper” on hgtv, and they had a great saying: “Today is good day for a good day.” Trying to remind myself of this often!
I also want to spend more time with friends…and I love the idea of volunteering/getting involved somehow. It is one of those things I always think I should do, but never get around to.
Happy New Year to you, Taralynn! May 2015 bring you love, happiness, and dreams fulfilled!
1. Spend more time praying
2. Have first book published
3. Maintain running 3 times per week
4. Spend more time with family
5. Cook and experiment with new recipes
I love your resolutions!
My top 5 are;
1. Overcome my ed with the Lords help
2. Go on a mission trip with my church
3. Help others more
4. Become more outgoing and live in the moment to not fear the future
5. Go back to school or go to a vo-tech school and get certified
Linda @ TheFitty says
I just have one: run 18k!
I wish I had a blog like you!
Kristin C says
I just wrote a New Years post on my blog too.
I love that you are willing to share that forgiveness is the hardest one. I’m right there with you. I tend to be a grudge holder, but I know that isn’t right. I want to forgive as God has always forgiven me.
Will you move again to go to school, or stay where you are?
I’m proud of you for deciding to go back to school! What do you want to go for?
I love your resolution of forgiving everyone. This is often difficult for me too, but it feels so good when you can finally let it go, right?!
My resolutions are:
1-STOP WASTING MY GYM MEMBERSHIP! I always come up with an excuse. Well no more! (Id love to see some fitness posts from you, they always get me motivated)
2-Wisley invest in a more reliable vehicle. (I can put this off no longer)
3-Spend more time working to improve my blog. (it is only a couple of months old so it could use alot of work!)
4-Read 12 books (one each month)
5-spend more time with family. (I let work take too much of my time)
Love your small goals! I literally laughed out loud at cleaning out your car more. I somehow have 3 throw blankets in mine….
1. Love and understand more.
2. Be a better blogger.
3. Survive nursing school (eek!)
4. Take better care of my body (like exercise more, eat cleaner, etc)
5. Experience/explore more.
6. Build a better relationship with Christ.
Can’t wait to see where this year goes!
I feel like so many people are on a similar page this year! I too have set up many goals and mini goals.
1. Lose Weight by loving myself. Enough of the calories counting, working out till I want to puke stuff. I want to be healthy, mentally-physically-spiritually. It’s about self love and my body will reflect that.
2. Sleep more and regular hours. Going to sleep and waking up roughly at the same time. Part of becoming a healthier me.
3. Cut back on diet pepsi. I use it as a crutch, when I’m stressed, sad etc. Time to deal with those feelings and cut it out slowly.
4. Paint more and do other creative things. I always put this off. Claiming I have more important things to do. I love being creative and I like how I feel doing it!
5. Act my age. Sometimes I feel like an 80 year old woman. I am 26 and want to feel like I am 26. Going out, having fun and being silly. Living life instead of watching it pass by from the sidelines.
All the best! 🙂
1)365hours of working out
2)start running again
3)do at least one internship
4)keep consistent with university
5)tidy up my room regularly
this is really no insult but I’d like to suggest you another point: be able to accept criticism. Of course, if someone is really insulting you, don’t care for this shit! But some people (me included) try to be critical to support you and it’s just meant for your own good. Even if you don’t want to take the advice, you can just allow the comment, maybe recomment on it…
Happy New Year!
Jennifer Arteaga says
1. Put my phone down …. I am on it wayyyyy too much and even have hand cramps …. this year I want to put my phone down more.
2. Do some form of exercise every single day this year.
3. No soda at all this year/Drink the amount of water I am supposed to every day. !/2 your weight in ounces.
4. To finish the courses and requirements I need to get my teaching license.
5. Really focus on and enjoy my kids, husband and few close friends. Sometimes we get lost in the go, go, go and miss the little things.
Those are some fantastic goals 🙂
I wanted to share this quote that inspires me from Yogi Tea packets and its in regards to your Ignore People goal.
“Act, don’t react”
I keep this quote in mind when I face certain kind of issues and I hope it helps you with yours.
Happy New Year!
Zully Hernandez says
I wish you lots of luck, Taralynn. ~ and I’m gonna have to steal “eat more sushi” for my resolutions this year.
Sara Kate says
I loved your resolutions! My main resolution is to confident in my own skin. You have inspired me in so many ways! I am making healthy lifestyle decisions because of you, and I even started my own blog! Thank you so much for everything!
I love hearing everyone’s resolutions! I usually do mine “Bucket List” style as well. Here are a few of my goals:
1-Finish the novel I’ve been writing for 6 years
2-Practice my drawing skills and get comfortable with graphite, charcoal, and ink.
3-Exercise at least 3x weekly for 20 minutes (and make it an intense 20 minutes!) and take a 1/2 walk 3x weekly.
4-Pay off my husband’s car!
5-Save money to go on a vacation with our best friends.
Good luck in 2015!
Hi, my goals are to change my bad habits and to eat healthier. I love your website and read it a lot. I would like to make one suggestion or request: Could you please answer everyone’s questions when they post a comment (except too personal ones, of course). It seems a little cold when you answer some peoples’ comments but not others. Thank you so much for sharing your life with us. Happy New Year!