Lazy & Tasty Dinner Night: Macaroni, Salad, & Kielbasa.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We were all planning to go out to dinner last night. As we sat around thinking of places to go,ย talking about the cuisine we were craving, it all came down to going into the kitchen and whipping up foodย here. No one felt like getting ready, no one felt like moving, so I was down for a lazy tasty dinner nightย straight up from my fridge.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I had leftover kielbasa from my mamas’s pasta dish and decided to cook that up. You should check this recipe out if you haven’t already. It’s the guest pleaser! I’ve made it before, but with spaghetti squash to make it lighter and it’s still a pleaser. My dad always begs for me to make it. The kielbasa was fried up with a garlic olive oil.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And because I’m on my argula kick, I whipped up a quick three ingredient salad. I used raspberry vinaigrette, chicken, and argula. You could get fancy and add almonds, cranberries, and chopped strawberries if you wanted.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This was the VERY first meal eaten on my new table. The funny thing is that my mom fell asleep and it was just my dad and I. She ended up waking up a little later and eating. Apparently Grumples was readyย to take her place at the table^^

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It doesn’t take much to make dinner delicious. You don’t need anything fancy to call it a meal. You just need food, a table, and good company. Plates are always nice.

What is your favorite lazy night meal?

Comments

• gigglebiggle

Where do you buy kilbasa ?

Reply to gigglebiggle
  • celle

mouth is watering…

Reply to celle
  • Catherine Watson

Hey Taralynn!
    I remember about a year or two ago, I used to read your tumblr after getting into a healthy lifestyle, and I was often terrified by the amounts of artificial sweetener and fat-free stuff you used, and the small portions you seemed to eat of everything. It just seemed unhealthy, and forced, and I was honestly worried about you and your readers. I’ve been scrolling through this blog today and I’m so happy you seem to have changed your ways ๐Ÿ™‚
    Good luck with all your plans!
    lots of love, catherine

Reply to Catherine Watson
  • Sabrina

Hi Taralynn, could you please tell me how you made friends in charlotte thar easy?

I am here for about 1 week and have still 7 to go, but i am homesick as hell… ๐Ÿ™ and need some people around.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Reply to Sabrina
  • Livi

I am all about the laziest dinners! I swear they taste better ๐Ÿ˜‰

Reply to Livi
  • Desiree

My favorite lazy dinner is a bowl of cereal or noodles with shredded cheese.

Reply to Desiree
  • Shana

Looks so good!!

Reply to Shana
  • Flor

Hey Taralynn! I know this has nothing to do with your post, but I just wanted you to know that after a few days reading about your story and your blogs, I decided to start a healthy life. I have to lose some weight but I want to do it in an healthy way, without getting obsessed with calories and stuff. I went to the nutritionist and she gave me the plan, but I’ll still be here looking for some inspiration for cooking. I also have a 3 year old daughter and I want her to be as junkfook-free as posible. You are such an inspiration! Hugs from Buenos Aires,Argentina:)

Reply to Flor
  • Melanie

I like making pasta for my lazy night meal! I cook whole grain pasta and add veggies, olive oil, and some cheese. So easy and delicious. ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Melanie
  • Jamie @ ThatDoctorGirl

When I get lazy about cooking, which is quite often, breakfast for dinner is always a go to. What kind of kielbasa do you buy? That looks great, and I guess I don’t know any organic/preservative free brands.

Reply to Jamie @ ThatDoctorGirl