As you all know, I am moving into a new place! I’m really excited about it. I have been moving around for the past five years and never had the chance to call a place “home.” I am getting all hyped up on decorating! Here are my top ten favorite inspirational decor pics. Please leave a link to yours!
1. Night Moves: I absolutely love this style of couch.
2. Home Design That: I’m really big on the rustic coffee tables and accent pillows.
3. The Inspired Room: I have so many cute coffee and espresso accessories. I may build a rustic coffee bar to go in the corner. I’d love to see your inspiration!
4. The Design Note: I love the cute little colored frame above the coffee tray. I am going to frame one of my drawings in a colored frame above mine!
5. Daily Dream Decor: Fluffy everything! Not only do I like fluffy white dogs, but I love fluffy white pillows and rugs!
6. Pottery Barn: I’m sure my dog would rob me of this furlicious beanbag, but it’s a must in the bedroom!
7. The Green Muse: I love love love bedroom chandeliers. I also love this bedspread!:)
8. Moesters: I can’t pick out one thing I don’t like in this bedroom!
9. Etsy: You can’t work from home and blog without a desk, so I’d have to do something super cute for my work station.
10. Etsy: I actually have almost the exact mirror. When my parents met in Italy, they lived there together for 4 years. They have a lot of Italian furniture and one of them is my gold mirror! I’ll have to incorporate it into the decor! I’m thinking above the bed! I don’t think I’ll ever paint it tho!
Link me to your favorite home decor inspiration or shops! If you want to see more of my style, follow me on Pinterest!
Moving to a place you can actually decorate is so exciting! I posted the other day about some decorations I wanted to do for when I was going to be moving to an apartment if you want to check it out! http://tallglassofsomethin.blogspot.com/2014/06/finally-some-time-to-blog-lots-of-boxes.html
Plans have changed and now we’re headed across country and we will most likely stay in a hotel or something which I’m not too excited about. Oh well, life of a construction job, right?!
Have fun decorating! Can’t wait to see what you come up with! 🙂
Amanda ( The Kitcheneer) says
LOVE these decorating ideas for your new place! So cute! Here is one of my favorite places to get ideas:
How fun! You should take a trip to IKEA (we have one in ATL). I have bought a lot of stuff from there and made it my own by just painting/staining it. It’s cheap too. I remember you stating that you want to live in the south and while it seems to have been an unfortunate reason, you now get to kick back in the south and enjoy it at your own pace. 🙂
This is my go to for amazing furniture!! She refurbishes vintage finds and creates custom pieces. You have to take a look. Her stuff is AMAZING!
it all looks so lovely! The fur ball thing is sooooo cute! I want one!!
It would totally match my pillow and room theme!
Oh, and I love grey walls! (PS. love the background on this site!)
I’m excited for you and this new chapter of your life! Apartment decorating will be so fun, and I know you’re going to make it look fabulous. Here are some of my favorite inspirations :
Leigha @ Minougirl says
Eeek I’m moving too! I’m moving to an adorable little house right on Lake Michigan! I’m so excited to redecorate!!
If you love chandeliers, check out the ones by Oliver Gal Artist Co.
They come in lots of colors and can be found all over the internet for various prices and sizes!
I created a coffee area in my house last fall, and I strongly suggest this Hobby Lobby shelf if you can get it. I love it! Holds my mugs and all my tea bags and coffee accessories. I purchased it on sale when they had their metal on sale, so like 50% off. (which it is currently)
Oh my gosh! Love picture number 8. We’re actually in the process of moving and I picked out that picture for inspiration for new window treatments. Lucky for me they are going to be a house warming gift!
I’m super into rustic decor as well. World Market has some great, inexpensive coffee table options. I went with this one for my living room and LOVE it! http://www.worldmarket.com/product/cameron+coffee+table.do?&from=fn
This one looks nice, too…and for under $200! http://www.worldmarket.com/product/atelier+coffee+table.do?&from=fn
Nothing beats having a clean slate to decorate – best of luck!! 🙂
Taralynn, are you going to be living in Charleston now full-time then? If not, where will you be moving?
I LOVE your blog!! I’m a fan from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and I love checking in to see your awesome recipes! Keep up the great work! : )
Hey Taralynn, when did you decide to move out on your own? I got a little behind on your blog…. sorry 🙂
That is so exciting! Like you I moved in with my boyfriend right after college and never lived all by myself. That will be quite an adventure! Very excited for you!
I just moved into a new home and have been doing a lot of DIY home improvement and decorating (to the extreme of even resanding,staining, and finishing our hardwood floors!) and all of your pics on this post have been my top inspiration photos on my Pinterest in my decorating too! I’m working on my studio and office and am definitely into the gold white girly look – I’m obsessed with gold spray paint now!
Greetings! I’ve been following your site for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give
you a shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to tell
you keep up the fantastic job!
will you do another post like this?
Karelyn Rosa says
I love the striped couch- do you know who makes it?
Do more of these posts!
Hi there, I love love love this room. I would love to know what the wall color is, I want to paint our living room this color. Thank you!