4am rolled around pretty quick. I was happy to get home, but crabby from waking up so early. After finishing up my final packing, I spent 20 minutes trying to get Jeremy out of bed so he could drop me off at the airport. I canโ€™t imagine what his parents went through in the mornings during his high school days. I mean, the kid, sleeps like a rock!

I hopped on the plane around 5:30 in the morning. I wanted to sleep, but couldnโ€™t stop myself from staring at the sunrise. Iโ€™ll miss that about Arizona! Itโ€™s a hard one to beat. As I was staring at the sky, I glanced over at the wing. I noticed the color scheme painted on the Southwest airplane was the exact colors of the current desert sunrise! Itโ€™s wing blended into the sky, making it invisible when I squinted my eyes. I thought that was pretty cool. Did Southwest actually come up with the colors in the same exact order as the sunrise intentionally? I have no idea, but it seems possible.

About thirty minutes later, I was still restless. The flight attendant came around and I asked for a coffee. It was calming and nice to watch the sunset from the sky, while enjoying one of my favorite things in life, coffee. I could do that every morning.

I arrived in Chicago around 10:00 am. For some reason, it felt late in the afternoon. I stopped in a gift shop to grab something to eat for my next plane ride.

The next flight from Chicago to Des Moines was only an hour. I snacked on some light and fit yogurt and a Luna bar. After my parents picked me up from the airport, we headed over to the Military base for an appointment. I need my card updated and so did my parents.

I was so anxious to get home and see my puppy. I had been having dreams about him for the past couple of weeks. I know itโ€™s weird and you probably think Iโ€™m obsessed, but this dog is my child! Iโ€™ll never go this long without him ever again. I wasnโ€™t myself.

I had someone ask me on Instagram if Iโ€™d upload a video of us reuniting after our time apart. I granted her request and had my mom film it. Youโ€™ll have to excuse my no sleep/makeup/tired self. Although, I was more excited to see my dog than I think he was to see me! My voice grew 10 octaves higher than normal.

After being jammed in a hotel room and only eating at restaurants, I was excited to have a home cooked meal. My mom made grilled veggies, sweet potato, corn, and salmon! We even had ice cream for dessert. I was so cozy and ready to pass out, but Jeremy called and said he needed a ride home from the airport. I had to drive an hour and a half back up to Des Moines around 11ย pm. ย His flight as delayed so we ended up getting back home around 2 am. I was so tired and ready to fall into the cloud of covers and sleep. Yesterday was such a crazy day.

Now Iโ€™m ready to fall deep into my Thanksgiving coma.