3-Ingredient Gluten & Dairy Free Mess-Free S’mores 🍫

Happy Saturday, everyone!

I have been in a brain fog for the past couple of days. I’ve been pushing through and spending a lot of time on the back end of the blog writing and getting non-creative work done. It’s been one of those weeks where I have so much to accomplish before a deadline that I don’t even know where to start. Taking a deep breath, that’s a good start. Next week, I’ll be heading to Disney World with one of my friends for a few days. It’ll be the perfect trip just to clear out the fog and get my creative waves flowing. I go through emotional moods everytime the seasons’ change, and I bet some of you can relate. Even though I’m excited for holidays, there is something about the darker nights and cold days that bring me down a bit. I’m going to push through because I know this too shall pass and I’ll be back to normal in no time.
I wanted to hop on today and share an easy 3-ingredient dessert idea I made last night. Kyle and I decided to catch a movie, and I made a couple of treats for us to sneak in. Who doesn’t do that? 😉 I don’t know why, but I’ve been craving s’mores for so long. The only problem with s’mores is that they are unbelievably messy, and I can never get the perfect chocolate and marshmallow ratio. I came up with a better way to eat s’mores, and they are soooo dang tasty. They are also gluten free and dairy free! If you are looking for a vegan-friendly option, just find a brand of graham crackers made without honey.
I have been using these Dandies all-natural vanilla marshmallows for years. I think they are 10x better than Kraft jet-puffed marshmallows. They don’t leave that weird dry aftertaste in your mouth. You can find them at most health stores, or on Amazon. I purchased the peppermint ones to add to my hot cocoa this Christmas.
The Schar graham crackers are delicious! Again, I think they’re better than the real-deal brand.
I have been roasting marshmallows on the stovetop since I was in elementary school. I don’t know why my mom let us do this because it’s sort of dangerous, but we did it anyway. To roast the marshmallows, I used a fork and my gas stove. If you don’t have a gas stove or want to put yourself in harm, add the marshmallows to a greased pan and toast them on 400 degrees for 3-4 minutes.

Lily’s extra dark no-sugar-added vegan chocolate is my favorite! They sent me a box of their chocolates, and I was so excited to see this one in there. They make vegan no-sugar-added chocolate chips as well that I like to use.

I added half of the chocolate bar to a microwave-safe bowl and heated it for 45 seconds. I stirred the chocolate with a spoon until it was completely melted. I added about a half tablespoon sized drop onto the cracker and spread it out evenly (leaving the sides.)
I topped the chocolate layer with 4-5 toasted marshmallow pieces.
Allow the chocolate to harden!
These graham crackers can be stored in a container on the counter or in the fridge. If you have a last-minute party to go to, these are perfect! They are allergy friendly, and you won’t have the messy s’mores aftermath all over your face! I think a white chocolate version of these would be delicious!

Questions for you!

1. Toasted marshmallows or plain?
  2. Have you ever roasted a marshmallow on the stove before?
  3. What is your favorite 3-ingredient dessert recipe?

Comments

• Katie

I can’t even imagine how much time you spend on a computer. I’m on my computer a lot for work as well but I bet it’s not nearly as much as you. I may be weird but I’ve never been a smores fan. With that being said, the ones you have created on here look absolutely fantastic and I may have to try these 🙂

My favorite 3-ingredient recipe is peanut butter oat bars made with peanut butter, old-fashioned oats and honey. They are amazing and can be eaten for snacks, breakfast or dessert.

Have so much fun at Disney World! It is one of my favorite places on the planet and I cannot wait to go back. Magic Kingdom is where it’s at 🙂

Reply to Katie
  • Jenna

Burnt marshamallows for the win! I always let them catch on fire and burn and then I think they are perfect.

I don’t think I’ve roasted one on the stove but I have put them in the microwave.

3 ingredient dessert… I’d have to say a can of pumpkin, spice cake mix and cream cheese frosting! So dang tasty!

Reply to Jenna
  • lily

Toasted for sure!
    Hmm, a 3 ingredient dessert recently has consisted of Chobani coffee and cream yoghurt with chocolate syrup drizzle and whipped cream.
    I hope you enjoy the Disney outing and come back energized! I enjoy your blog and the beautiful photography.

Reply to lily
  • Megan

Whaaaaat!!!! Disney!!!! Who are you going with? That sounds so fun

Reply to Megan
  • Courtney

I definitely notice a change in my mood during the change of seasons. Try some b-complex vitamins. My doctor recommended it a few years ago, and it has worked better than anything else I’ve tried!

Reply to Courtney
  • Jessica

I can’t wait to try out this recipe! My work is having a Halloween party and I wasn’t sure what to bring, but now I do! Thanks for sharing!!

Reply to Jessica
  • Emily

These are a great idea! 🙂 By the way, you might want to try cutting out all grains, not just those that contain gluten, and see if you feel better! I used to struggle with depression sometimes and I eventually figured out that oats, rice, wheat, corn etc. seemed to trigger it! Since cutting those out I feel so much happier and more energetic! 🙂 P.S. Thanks for your positive and inspiring blog! I look forward to reading your recap posts every Monday! 🙂

Reply to Emily

Hi, Emily! I actually cut out grains when I do 3-day resets and I do feel 100% better without grains! It’s just so hard to NOT eat them lol But I know you’re right for sure!

• Jill

Girl! I get seasonal depression for weeks. You should do a post about it.

Reply to Jill
  • Jitka

Dear Taralynn,
    I can definitely relate!! I don’t know, if it’s the weather, that brings me down (and if I look around, not only me!), but it feels like I’m not my usual-excited-me anymore, just some kind of zombie-me. Yesterday I was repeating “this too shall pass” to myself like a mantra… But we strong girls don’t give up, and as you say, we will be back in no time! 🙂
    Sending good vibes your way 😉
    Jitka

Reply to Jitka
  • Brooklyn Murtaugh

Mmm yum! I love smores 🙂
    I also love toasting the marshmallows over the stove top. Quick and easy!

Have so much fun at DisneyWorld!!!!

Reply to Brooklyn Murtaugh
  • Jace

I love that these are not free and school friendly

Reply to Jace
  • Erin

Are you still going through with the shoulder length hair cut?! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Reply to Erin

Hi, Erin! I had a conditioning treatment and little cut on Tuesday! I don’t think I’m going to go to shoulder length hair! lol I’m going to keep getting it trimmed to get it healthier, but I’m actually loving the long so far.

• Jenn

Toasted for sure! I love toasting Churro marshmallows because they are crunchy sugar on the outside and melty marshmallow on the inside.

Yes, I used to toast them on both gas and electric stoves…still do sometimes.

Nutella brownie mug cakes. The recipe makes two, so perfect for sharing.

Reply to Jenn
  • Davi

These look great!

Reply to Davi
  • Liz

I’m answering question 3 first (have to make things confusing :)) I made something similar to this the other day! Covered a graham cracker in chocolate chips and marshmallows then put it in the oven under broil for a minute or two. It was a delicious treat! This weather makes me crave s’mores. I love trying gluten free products so I will have to look for those grahams. I have heard delicious things about Lily’s chocolate but have not tried it myself. I have a friend that did Keto for a while and she swore by Lily’s chocolate. Those peppermint marshmallows for hot chocolate sound delicious!

1. Toasted for sure!
    2. I have not! I don’t have a gas stove though.

Reply to Liz
  • Haley

I need to find that chocolate!

Reply to Haley
  • Alissa @ PositiviTEA

I’m not a huge marshmallow fan, but I guess I like them more plain…. or inside s’mores 😉 And I have definitely toasted marshmallows on the stove before! As a kid, I used to try toasting them on lamps! LOL!
    My favorite 3-ingredient dessert is s’mores, but second-best is mini strawberry shortcakes. Mini cakes (premade), Cool Whip and fresh strawberries to top!
    Have a great day/weekend, love!

Alissa @ PositiviTEA

Reply to Alissa @ PositiviTEA
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

I miss smores! I haven’t been to a barbecue in so long. I think I’ll make these to satisfy my cravings. Love how convenient they are to hold too – no mess! 😀

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog