Staying at The Biltmore Village Inn, a Little Getaway โ˜•๏ธ

I just had one of the best getaways with my mom. Last weekend, my dad headed out of town with my uncle, so I thought it would be the perfect time to book a stay in Asheville and take my mom to the Biltmore Estate. She has been dying to visit, so I was excited to make it happen. I was looking for a cute place to stay and came across the Biltmore Village Inn. It looked like a dream. They only had one room left, so I booked it immediately. We took over 1000 photos during this trip, so I decided to do a part one and part two. The first part of this trip will be all about the Bed and Breakfast. Part two will be our day at the Biltmore Estate. After reading this post and watching the video, I hope you feel as if you were there with us. โคย
Historic homes, quaint towns, and rustic coffee shops are all things that get me excited. I couldn’t get enough of the Biltmore Village Inn. I wanted to pack up my bags and move right into the home.

This bed and breakfast was everything you dream of in a getaway. This historic gem is on top of the hill with views of theย Blue Ridge Mountains and Swannanoa River Valley. It was built in 1892 and was built by Samuel Reed, George Vanderbilt’s private attorney.ย
We stayed in the Reed room. As I mentioned in the video, it was once the study of Samuel Reed. It’s crazy to think that 150 years ago, Mr. Reed would invite guest and clients (even George Vanderbilt) to play pool and drink whiskey.

The Reed room is the only room on the ground floor of the house with a private porch. The porch has the most gorgeous views.
When we arrived, we were greeted as if we were friends. The house was so cozy and comfortable. The hospitality was like no other. It was also a very quiet and peaceful place. There are only eight rooms available in the house, so it’s not a loud place with people going in and out. We hardly heard anyone and met a few people who were so friendly.

I love how personal a bed and breakfast is. There is something about staying in a home filled with history that makes your trip so much better than booking a room at a chain hotel. When I left this place, I left feeling rejuvenated and calm.ย
After touring the house and the grounds, we headed to our room to get changed for dinner.ย
I found this dress at Target for $24.99ย and thought it would be perfect for the trip. I also picked up some black flats that were comfortable to walk in.ย
Off to dinner!
Corner Kitchen Biltmore Village Asheville NCCorner Kitchen Biltmore Village Asheville NCI made dinner reservations at Corner Kitchen located in the Biltmore Village. I had many of you recommend this place from the last time I was in Asheville, so I knew I had to try it out.

The Corner Kitchen is a farm to table restaurant serving in a house that was built in 1895 as part of the Biltmore Village founded by George Vanderbilt.

We decided to order a starter.

We had the Jumbo garlic shrimp on top of black bean cakes and fried pepperoni. This has inspired me to create a black bean cake recipe tonight!ย Corner Kitchen Asheville NC Biltmore Village
We both ordered baby arugula salads topped with shaved pears, toasted walnuts, and dressed in a shallot dressed with a swirl of balsamic. The arugula was so fresh and soft. It didn’t have the same spicy taste as the packaged arugula from the stores. It had more of a spinach feel. I loved it. My mom kept the bleu cheese crumbles on hers and said it was the best she’s ever had (you can hear her in the video raving about it in the background.)ย Corner Kitchen Biltmore Village Asheville NCCorner Kitchen Biltmore Village Asheville NC
We usually split entrees because we’re always stuffed from salad and appetizers. We decided to split the herb crusted mountain trout with garlic broccolini and grilled squash. It was so fresh and flavored perfectly.ย Well Bred Cafe Asheville Biltmore Village
We saved room for coffee and dessert from Well-Bred Bakery & Cafe. It’s located across the street from The Corner Kitchen.ย Well Bred Cafe Asheville Biltmore Village
Well Bred Cafe Asheville Biltmore Village Well Bred Cafe Asheville Biltmore Village We ordered cappuccinos and walked around the village a little bit. I was kind of excited to see the pumpkin decor at William Sonoma ๐Ÿ˜Šย The weather felt like fall in Asheville compared to the humidity in Charlotte. Crazy what a difference a couple hundred miles can make in humidity levels.ย
We got back to the inn around eight, hopped into our comfy clothes, walked the grounds a bit, and then decided to spend some time on the patio.ย
I can’t wait to create a garden like this one day. Serious goals!ย ย
We split some toffee from the bakery, and it was delicious!ย
How incredible is this view?
We started a fire and sat around watching the sunset.
Now, I want to get a firepit like this. If you have one or have recommendations, let me know!ย
My mom and I played a couple games of bags before the sun started to set. It was really nice escaping from social media and hanging out with her. We want to bring Kyle and my dad with us next time.
Once the sun went down, we headed in to shower off the smoke and get ready for bed.ย We poured some hot tea, had a cookie, and picked out a movie to watch.ย
Neither of us had seen The Help, so went with that.ย
Ready for the movie! It was funny because my towel looked like the lady’s hat in the photo next to me. The beds were so comfortable, I could have slept there forever!ย
The best part? Waking up with coffee on the porch.ย
We were up at 6 am with our first cup of coffee. We sat on the porch listening to the birds and watching the sunrise.
I brought my oatmeal protein balls to go with my morning coffee.
The weather was perfect on Saturday. It was about 65-degrees when we woke up, and I haven’t seen weather like that in months! It made me so happy โคย It really takes the small things.ย
Breakfast was served on the porch because it was so beautiful outside. It would be a sin to eat inside with weather like that.ย
My mom and I took a little stroll around the grounds with our coffee.ย
We were ready for breakfast and ready for a fun day at the Biltmore Estate!ย
I had a lot of questions about this sweater when I posted this photo on Instagram. It’s from American Eagle, but a year ago! They have a similar one here.
The perfect spot for breakfast.ย
My happy place ๐Ÿ’œย It’s a dream of mine to own a place like this.ย
They have a chef that makes delicious breakfast using a lot of the fresh produce from their garden.ย

We started with coconut milk yogurt topped with fresh berries and pecans.ย
This breakfast was by far one of the best-tasting breakfast I’ve ever had. The flavors of the garden-fresh vegetables were incredible. The egg was cooked perfectly and served over a potato cake. The cooked prosciutto was the perfect addition. I love a light and fresh breakfast like this before starting my day.ย
Thank you guys for reading, and I hope you didn’t mind the abundance of photos. Truthfully, I could have added 100 more, but I had to limit myself (kinda.)

Next, I’ll be sharing photos and a video from our day exploring the Biltmore Estate!

Questions for you!

1. Do you want me to start including more videos?
  2. Have you ever stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before?
  3. Where should I visit next?

Comments

• Anonymous

Pretty place

Reply to Anonymous
  • Gabby

What a dream!

Reply to Gabby
  • Sam

You are seriously stunning, Taralynn! Just needed you to know that ๐Ÿ™‚ Honestly, natural hair and comfy clothes and no make up and you still look good..I do that and look like a troll who just emerged from a dungeon lmao!! This trip looks amazing, I’m from Canada but its been a bucket list trip of mine for awhile now to visit this area from all your posts!

Reply to Sam
  • Linsey

Beautiful photos!

Reply to Linsey
  • Kate

I’m over here waiting for part two like *insert gif*

Gorgeous photos!

Reply to Kate
  • Raya

What a magical place! I live in Charleston and need to plan a staycation very soon. We have many bed and breakfasts here!

Reply to Raya
  • Rian

Where is that purple cardigan from?

Great post!

Reply to Rian
  • Susie | Mile High Dreamers

Ahhhh I LOVE weekend getaways with my momma! Your mom seems so sweet, like the kind where all your friends are at your house hanging out with her before you even get home!
    Also, I’ve NEVER heard your voice before and it seriously makes me feel like I know you so much better now haha. So YES to more videos!
    This place looks incredible and I love how B&B’s have the feel like you’re just staying at a friends house. Ben and I are hooked on AirBnb and B&Bs for that exact reason.
    After traveling more I’ve become so much more appreciative of old houses and history and this one looks filled with it!

Colorado is pretty fantastic for a getaway… Just sayin’ ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Susie | Mile High Dreamers

She really is the sweetest! My friends always loved her! lol

Oh my gosh!! lol you’re right because you don’t have instagram!! ๐Ÿ˜†

I agree!!! so much more like home!

I wanna go to Colorado so bad!!!

• Ashton Jury

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! #1 Thanks for posting a link for the sweater, I absolutely love it and I think I’m going to have to buy the cognac colored one as well. Also I have those same sandals from Target they are my favorite! I’ve never stayed at a Bed & breakfast, but this one sure looks cozy! When I saw the title of this post I thought you had gone back to the Biltmore Estate (which is on my list of places to visit) but this village is adorable and those cookies and the mountain trout look delicious! Are you coming to California any time soon? I have some recommendations if you do!

Reply to Ashton Jury

Thanks so much, Ashton!!! We did visit the Biltmore estate!!:) loved it!!! Can’t wait to share that post.

I will be visiting California soon!! Just haven’t locked in a date yet ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jennifer W

My sister and I went to Ashville the first week in January this year. We loved it! Sadly, a lot of things were closed because of the weather but it looks like you had gorgeous weather! We rented a cabin that was about 3 miles from the Biltmore and it was so relaxing to wake up and be surrounded by nature. The cabin also had a fireplace, we are from Florida so being able to have a fire was a lot of fun! We also enjoyed the Well Bred Bakery. We tried one of their famous giant cream puffs! Their coffee was also very good. Can’t wait to see the next part of the trip report!

Have a great weekend!

Reply to Jennifer W
    • Danielle

Hey Jennifer! My fiance and I will be traveling to Asheville for our honeymoon in October and are struggling to find good cabins there. Would you mind sharing the info for the cabin you stayed in? Thanks so much! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Danielle

Hi, Jennifer!

It’s such a lovely place and SO MUCH to take in. There are great cabins and places to stay in the mountains in Asheville and the surrounding areas. I’m so glad you got to experience that. Their cream puffs looked amazing! โค๏ธ & yes, coffee was wonderful!

Thanks for stopping by and I can’t wait for you to see part two!! xo

• Karen

What a beautiful place! Thank you for sharing and yes to more videos.

Reply to Karen
  • Anonymous

Wow what an incredible place to stay!! Your photos are amazing!

Reply to Anonymous
  • Casey

Pics are beautiful! Loved the video and yes I felt like I was there, you did a great job. No I have never stayed in a Bed & Breakfast. Yes you should do more videos. You should come to Nova Scotia! You would love it here. Thanks for sharing your adventure with your Mom.

Reply to Casey
  • Gena

I have been following you since Undressed Skeleton. I look forward to your Monday post every week !

Reply to Gena
  • Kelli

Love these posts & love that you’re doing videos now!! I’ve always been nervous to stay at a Bed and Breakfast (is that weird??) but I’m not anymore! Have you always enjoyed black coffee? I want to cut back on my use of creamer/milk in my coffee but can’t stand the taste of it without. Any tips on this?? Also, you are such an inspiration to someone trying to start her own blog, so thanks for that ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Kelli

Hi, Kelli! Thanks so much ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I don’t think that’s weird! I’m sure some bed and breakfasts can seem a bit too close or strange, but ones like these feel like a boutique hotel. It was just amazing. You should find the right one and experience it at least once!

I HATED coffee black at first. I think it’s because I was trying it with my parent’s Maxwell house coffee lol Find a roast you like and try drinking it black from there. I also gradually switched to dairy-free creamer, and then gradually started drinking it black. Now, I CAN’T STAND cream in my coffee. It tastes gross to me now lol.

Is there a reason you want to cut back on your creamer? My mom wanted to cut back but can’t stand the taste of black coffee, but realized a little cream a day isn’t going to make a big difference, especially if you enjoy it! Life is too short ๐Ÿ™‚

• Diane

I love when you do posts like this. The photos are gorgeous and I felt like I was right there with you!

Reply to Diane
  • Jen

The Biltmore Village Inn is perfection! I have to add that to my “List”. You and your Mom look so relaxed and happy. I’m glad you both enjoyed it. Your photos (and photography skills) are always stunning. I think you should only add videos when you feel like it. But I love both! P.S. Love that gorgeous purple sweater!

Reply to Jen
  • Katie Meshko

I heard about this place before.. looks so beautiful there!!! What a fun post .. can’t wait for part 2! ๐Ÿ™‚
    XO, Katie | http://www.meshkomoments.com

Reply to Katie Meshko
  • Kelsey W.

Beautiful photos as always. This trip looks heavenly.

BTW, I love the grey mug! Did you by chance see who made them?

Reply to Kelsey W.

Thank you so much, Kelsey!

I actually fell in love with that mug when I visited Savaannah with Kyle a couple of years ago! I had to google and look for a matching one, and found them here!

xo

• Britt

What a pretty place!

Reply to Britt
  • Amy

What did it cost to stay here? did you get a free blogger rate?

Reply to Amy

Hi, Amy!

The prices vary! & no. When I want to go somewhere, I don’t use the whole “blogger rate” thing unless I’m invited by them separately. I love supporting local business, and writing about them after my stay! โค๏ธ

• Sara

Your hair looks blonde! I love it.

Reply to Sara
  • Haley

Yes to more videos!

Have you been to Maine?

Reply to Haley
  • Sophie

Iโ€™d love to go there one day too, it looks so beautiful. And also: How gorgeous is your mom?! You two look so much alike!

Reply to Sophie
  • Katie

My boyfriend and I just booked our room after reading this lovely post. Thank you, Taralynn!

Reply to Katie
  • Jala

Your mom looks 30! WOW

Reply to Jala
  • Jane

This post gave me serious fomo. I think I need to book a trip by the end of the day.

I enjoyed your video!

You should explore Chicago.

Reply to Jane
  • Tara

Did you curl your hair? I love the waves.

Reply to Tara
  • Jessie

I live in Arizona and miss the green grass. Thank you for such a lovely post!

Reply to Jessie
  • Fran

More videos please!!!!

I’d like to see you visit Canada!

Reply to Fran
  • Hannah

Are you sure that’s not your sister? What is her secret?

Reply to Hannah

Hahaha! I know ๐Ÿ˜†

She always wears sunscreen, moisturizes every night, hair dye lol, always wash your face, and eat healthily! That’s what she swears by ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Kristen

This looks so amazing. It has made me want to try a bed & breakfast. I am literally sitting right next to my boyfriend as reading this โ€œletโ€™s try a bed & breakfastโ€ ๐Ÿคฃ

I live in Chicago so Iโ€™m not sure there are any cute places like that here!

Reply to Kristen
  • Nancy S

Oh my gosh, your mom is literally the cutest. No way she is old enough to have a grown up daughter! Your trip looks like so much fun, you are so blessed to have a great relationship with your sweet mama. It’s beautfiul to see, thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Nancy S
  • Rachel

How beautiful!! My boyfriend and I are considering a trip to Asheville next month, and we will definitely keep this place in mind. Can’t wait for the rest of your recap!

Reply to Rachel
  • Ann

What a great weekend with your mother!! I love any time spent wit family! That was a beautiful location for a getaway! Thanks for sharing this! Hugs

Reply to Ann
  • Chris

Oh my god this is a beautiful place! thank you for sharing it with us ๐Ÿ™‚ It seems so peaceful and it’s so nice! I really love that vintage cup, by the way, I am looking for this kind sooo long ! Looking forward to the part 2 of this trip ๐Ÿ™‚
    By the way, will you make a “quiet getaway” playlist one day? I’m curious to also have a soundtrack for these posts hahaha

Reply to Chris

Hi, Chris!

I can’t wait to share part two! I better get started ๐Ÿ˜Š

& thank you!! I LOVE my mug. I bought it after a trip to Savannah with Kyle!

That would be a great idea for a playlist! xo xo xo

• Alyson

I love your dress and sandals, but I MUST know where your mom’s striped dress came from. <3

Reply to Alyson
  • Amanda|The Kitcheneer

LOVE your videos! So fun!

Never a bed and breakfast, but we have stayed at the Iris Inn in Charlottesville,VA. Beautiful view of the mountains, lots of hiking, and the rooms are AMAZING! Highly recommend.

But, I would also HIGHLY recommend the Homestead resort near Hot Springs,VA. Talk about gorgeous. My favorite part is the natural hot springs we got to go into! We went in the winter. Perfect cozy holiday get away!

Reply to Amanda|The Kitcheneer

Thanks, Amanda!!

Wow, that’s not too far from here, so maybe I’ll look into it!! Charlottesville is on my list. Also adding Hot Springs!!

Thanks for the recommendations!

• Jade Jordyn

Wow! I see why you took over 1,000 picture. Your photos always look so awesome and cheerful. I enjoyed the little blurbs you included about the areas history. The house you stayed in is stunning! The area appears to be absolutely gorgeous.

Reply to Jade Jordyn
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

What a great time! โค๏ธโค๏ธ It’s so sweet that you and your Mum went on a getaway. I wish I could do that with my Mum – but we clash so bad, we’d be arguing within minutes of leaving our house!

Come to Hong Kong! ๐Ÿ˜€

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Hi, Charmaine!

I think over time our relationship with our mom’s can get better and better. It’s all about the effort and understanding we give โค๏ธ

Thanks for stopping by to read!

• Tiffany Harris

My aunt has been to the Biltmore bed and breakfast, she brought me back a bottle of pink champagne. It was probably one of the best bottles of champagne I have ever had. Love seeing the pictures.

Reply to Tiffany Harris
    • Linda @ the Fitty

Have you any plans on going yourself, Tiffany?

And OH MY GOSH THIS PLACE LOOKS INCREDIBLE TARA! I can’t stop gaping at the photos and looking and relooking at them over and over again. Like, I literally cannot get enough of this post.

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty

Awwww thank you, Linda!!!!

• Linda @ the Fitty

What would you say the ~feel~ is at William Sonoma compared to somewhere like Pottery Barn, or Ikea? Also, would you rather have it be SUPER HUMID or SUPER HOT? How was The Help, by the way out of 10 stars? Looks like a chick flick!

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty

William Sanoma is filled with amazing kitchen supplies, so every foodie lover’s dream. I think super hot lol but it’s always super hot and super humid down here in the south.

It was a very very good movie and I’d give it ten stars! It was very sad and heartbreaking, but funny! I could watch it over and over again.

Thanks, Tiffany!

The bed and breakfast is gorgeous! ๐Ÿ’œ I can’t wait to go back!

That was so sweet of your aunt! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ