Grilling My Way Into The Summer Months!

Good Morning, Everyone!

Even though it’s nearly 95-degrees with humidity every day down here in the south, I am not ready for summer to end! I was in a funk all winter with the darker nights, colder days, and the lack of greenery. Now, we’ve been enjoying the warmth by floating down the river, hanging out by the pool, going on trail walks, and grilling out on the patio. Summer is just the best.

If you enjoy cooking out on the grill during the summer evenings like we do, then I think you’ll be excited to hear that Blue Apron has grill-friendly meals offered on their menu now. If you don’t have a grill, no worries! The grill-friendly meals can still be cooked on the stovetop. I can’t wait to show you what we cooked up this week! We dined on sustainably-sourced seafood, meat with no added hormones, and farm-fresh seasonal produce!

Oh, and before I start! Blue Apron is giving the first 50 readers to sign up with this link $50 off their first two weeks of Blue Apron πŸ˜ƒΒ They ship to most of the country!

I love working with Blue Apron and spreading the word about their subscription meals because I genuinely love each box that shows up on our doorstep. I have been a fan for many years, and my friends and family are all hooked now too. I hope you give it a try because it makes me so excited when I hear from readers after trying their first box.
I call myself “the grillmaster queen” in this house. I’m great at flipping burgers, grilling veggies, and don’t even get me started on my marinating skills.

On Monday evening, we made Blue Apron‘s delicious Za’atar-Spiced Beef Burgers on the grill.

The ingredients are so fresh, and seasonal. I’m sure you’re wondering why there is broccoli on my plate instead of zucchini. Well, funny story. When I was taking all the ingredients out of the fridge, I must have accidentally dropped the zucchini. I looked everywhere for it! Something else was missing, my dog, Leo! He took the zucchini to the top of the stairs and started chewing it. So, I decided to use broccoli instead! I used the same tahini seasoning, and it turned out great. Kyle isn’t a fan of zucchini anyways, so I guess it worked out for the better.

When we grill, we usually stick to the classic burgers, chicken breast, or salmon. Having a chef-designed recipe to grill up instead was nice. Grilling the burger was a gamechanger because it tasted like it came right off the grill at a restaurant. Friday nights and the weekends are for relaxing, so it’s nice we don’t have to take any extra trip to the grocery store. Our box arrives on the doorstep with all the farm-fresh ingredients for the delicious meals. You save a lot of money with the unused ingredients since you only get the exact proportions. If it arrives when you’re not home, you don’t have to worry about rushing home to grab it because it’s delivered in a refrigerated box. The ingredients will stay fresh! Speaking of not being home, many people travel in the summer, so you can skip your subscription if you won’t be around.Β
I’m not sure why, but the grill makes everything taste better. Even though all Blue Apron meals can be prepared in 40-minutes or less, this meal was finished in 25-minutes! Plus, cooking outside keeps the house cooler during the summer.

These burgers were zesty and smoky! I wrapped mine in a lettuce wrap, and Kyle enjoyed the delicious toasted bun. Each meal on the Blue Apron menu falls between 500-800 calories. You won’t be left hungry after these meals! Most of the time, we have a hard time finishing them and end up with leftovers.Β Look at that burger…I mean…wow!

I always tell people, if you don’t know how to cook, get a Blue Apron! You’ll always learn something new, and hopefully be able to take those techniques and use them with your own recipes.Β
This burger reminded me of the same burger I had at one of my favorite cafes in my parent’s town. It was so delicious! Kyle was in heaven with this meal!

I made sure to add more grill-friendly recipes to my box this week!Β
The next meal we had was the Spicy Veracruz-Style Shrimp.

I feel like every time I try a meal from Blue Apron, I say “omg this one is the best one yet,” and my boyfriend finds himself saying the same thing. I said it again with this dish. I don’t eat shrimp often, so I was excited to see it on the menu.

This dish was refreshing, light, and the flavors were incredible! I always save my recipe cards so I can re-make the dishes. When I go visit my brother in L.A., I’m going to try to recreate this dish for him. He’s a pescetarian, so I know this is right up his alley!
I loved how the unique combo of ingredients came together. This dish had cherry tomatoes, capers, jalapenos, sweet peppers, scallions, lime, golden raisins, oregano, and verjus rouge. This dish was a take on shrimp a la Veracruzana, a specialty from the historic Mexican coastal city. It really transports you into a coastal town! Blue Apron always pulls me out of my typical dinner routine. If it weren’t for the Blue Apron meals, I’d be eating sweet potatoes and ground turkey every night. It’s fun to check out their new selection of recipes each week. The menu is never the same, so you’ll continuously get to try new dishes (Prices start as low as $7.49 per serving!) Choosing from eight recipes is the hard part because they all look so good. They offer vegetarian meals too!Β
I was excited to see the Dinner Party Box for 6 plan in my box! This makes me want to have friends over and cook one of the Blue Apron meals! I can’t wait to try this out and report back to you all.

I always go with the 2-person plan, which gives us three meals for two people. You can explore more options on their menu page! If you have a larger family, they have family-plans as well!Β
Finally, the last meal we enjoyed was the Sweet Chili Beef & Vegetable Stir-Fry with Garlic Rice. We never pass up on their stir-frys! When I saw that it included sweet chili sauce, I was so excited. This was a great meal to have while catching up on our favorite show and relaxing on Sunday evening.

Don’t forget to sign up with this link $50 off their first two weeks of Blue Apron 😊

Questions for you!

1. Would you call yourself a grillmaster?
  2. What is your favorite Blue Apron meal?
  3. Would you like me to try out their Dinner Party Box and review?

Thank you so much for reading! This post was sponsored by Blue Apron, and ALL opinions are my own.Β

Comments

• Alex

Yum! That burger is mouthwatering.

Reply to Alex
  • Sara

I like the idea of using lettuce wraps!

Reply to Sara
  • Zoe

Ahhhh! The food looks so good! We are still saving up money to build a deck and get a grill! I can’t wait to get them and learn how to grill. πŸ™‚

Reply to Zoe
  • Sam

That burger looks amazing. Why do you put foil on the grill? Just curious! I’ve never seen that.

Reply to Sam
  • Jordan

My husband is the “Grill Master” at our house — but if he is running late or out of town, I’ll light it up. Lately, zucchini is what I’ve been grilling up — definitely love that grilled flavor! Maybe Kyle will like it that way? If not, you know that Leo probably will! 🀣

I *still* haven’t tried a Blue Apron meal. I just can’t decide what I want to try!!

I would love for you to try and review the dinner party box! I feel like you would host the cutest little dinner party and your guests would have a blast! Can’t wait to read about it!

Reply to Jordan

Hi, Jordan!

Ohhh, girl! I have to agree. Zucchini on the grill is amazing. I actually think summer squash (yellow) is even better on the grill! I think I can get Kyle to eat it on the grill for sure, or he’ll eat zucchini pizzas!

OMG, whichever one you try, I guarantee you’ll LOVE it.

Awwww thank you, Jordan!!

• Leslie

I ordered a box!

I’ll report back next week. Thank you for all the ideas!

Reply to Leslie
  • Rayna

Your Blue Aprons always look so good. Mine always taste delicious but not as pretty.

My favorite Blue Apron is the chicken tenders with potatoes.

Reply to Rayna

Ohhhh yes, the chicken tenders are so good! I love the idea of using rice flour as the crust πŸ™‚

I think if I wasn’t taking photos, my dishes would just be thrown into bowls without being cute and staged πŸ˜‰ It’s about how it tastes anyways!

xo

• Amy

Do you get a lot of food with Blue Apron? I live alone but would like to try it out.

Reply to Amy

If you order a box, you’ll get 3 recipes, which equals six total meals.

You’ll have tons of leftovers for your week, and even when I lived alone, I always ordered Blue Apron πŸ™‚

• Jule

You got my boyfriend and I hooked on Blue Apron!

Reply to Jule
  • Linda @ the Fitty

YUM!! Grill me a blue burger πŸ™‚

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty
  • Ashley

Hi Taralynn!

I think it would be awesome if you did a post about the basics of grilling and recipes/methods you use. I absolutely love grilled food, but I have always been intimidated to grill myself since I have no experience with it. I have always relied on others and then when I want grilled food on my own, I am out of luck!

1. As mentioned above, I am definitely not a grill master πŸ™‚
    2. I don’t usually eat red meat, but I loved their Thai steak lettuce cups!
    3. I would love to try the party box! I really enjoy having people over for dinner, but can never decide what to make or I forget an ingredient!

Thanks! Ashley

Reply to Ashley

Hi, Ashley!

That’s a great idea πŸ™‚ The more you use it, the easier it gets! Honestly, I think it’s easier than the stovetop!

I love all of their lettuce cups! Their Asian ones were amazing!!

I’ll have to try out the party box soon!!

• Cassy

Try the party box! I would love to have my girlfriends over for a dinner.

Reply to Cassy
  • Jenna

I would not consider myself a grillmaster. I like grilling but haven’t gotten too into yet.
    I’m not sure I have a favorite blue apron meal, but that burger looks delicious.

Reply to Jenna
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

The meals really do look fresh! Perfect time to work the grill up as well, since it’s summer. πŸ™‚

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
  • Rachel

My brother is currently the grillmaster of the family, but he has an unfair advantage because he actually has a grill! I live in a small apartment, so my grilling opportunities are limited. Hopefully when I finally move into a house, I can steal the title from him!

That shrimp looks right up my alley. I’ve loved pretty much everything I’ve made from Blue Apron! The instructions are clear and the spices are always just right.

Reply to Rachel

Hahaha I have no doubt you’ll steal that title one day! As long as you have determination! πŸ˜‰

You’d love the shrimp!! IT WAS SO GOOD!!!! I agree, and it blows me away by how well everything is seasoned!